1 Featured Home Health Services in the North Fort Myers Area
Stay in the Home You Love with the Help of Preferred Care at Home
- Serving Cape Coral and Fort Myers-Celebrating life, dignity and independence
- Providing Companion Care: Companion care is available from 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Alzheimer's/Memory Care
- Hospital to Home: Smooth-Transition Care, an affordable, evidence-based service, combines four key components to prevent readmission in elderly people.
- End of Life Care: Our caregivers are specially trained in end-of-life care.
7 Home Health Services in the North Fort Myers Area
In Home Senior Care You Can Trust
- Bathing & Hygiene
- Transportation and Mobility Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- 1-to 24-hour care & Live-in
From Our Heart, to Your Home!
- Companionship and socialization
- Light housekeeping, meal planning, shopping, and preparation
- Transportation, escorted outings/errands
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Medication reminders, assistance with bathing and grooming
One Touch Team Care, where your loved one's care is driven by compassion and held with a quality touch
- 253 Tamiami Trl S. #1003, Nokomis, FL 34275-3136
- Private Home Care - Personalized Care in the comfort of your home available 24/7
- Medical Transportation - Never miss and appointment. We'll get you wherever you need to be.
- Medication Reminders and Housekeeping - Keep a clean safe home with regular deep cleaning and housekeeping services.
- Advocacy - Our professionals will help you achieve your overall health goals.
- Meal Prep - Enjoy nutritious home-cooked meals without the extra effort or wasted time.
In Home care and Assistance
- 27657 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
- We are on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- We treat you like our neighbors, because you are
- We listen, because your experience and input help us make it simpler for thousands of families like yours
- We strive to provide the best experience possible, because you expect nothing less
- We make doing business with us easy, because you have more important things to worry about
Serving Venice, North Port, Englewood, Port Charlotte and Surrounding Communities
- 13005 Tamiami Trail, North Port, FL 34287
- Personal Care / Hygiene
- Medication Reminders
- Perform Errands and Shopping
- Light Housekeeping / Meal Preparation
- Friendly Companionship
At The End of The Day, You Want to be Home
- Hospice at Home
- Condition-Specific Care
- Bereavement and Grief Care
- Palliative Care
- 24/7 Telecare
In-Home Care Services in Venice, FL
- 425 Commercial Ct., Unit F, Venice, FL 34292
- Our mission is to go above and beyond to deliver A Higher Standard of Home Care and nothing less.
- Personal Care - We are ready to assist with any personal care needs bathing, grooming, eating, and more.
- Transitional Care - Optimize recovery and enjoy a safe return home from the hospital with our unique approach.
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Care - Our specialized approach to memory care promotes dignity, safety, and communication.
- Medication Management - Our nurses and caregivers can ensure your loved one stays safe with their medications.
Other Home Health Services in the North Fort Myers Area
Direct Access Home Health
Quality care in the comfort of home...
- 390 Pondella Rd. #9, North Fort Myers, FL 33903
- Live with dignity and independence.
- Personal Care, Bathing, Grooming, Mobility, Incontinence, Feeding
- Nursing Care, Medication Management, Medication Administration, Wound Care, Case Management, Hospice Support, Elective Surgery Recovery
- Companion Care, Meal Preparation, Grocery Shopping, Transportation, Light Housekeeping
- We can even offer the added assistance of respite care and support on trips and vacations.
Hanson Services, Inc.
Providing Personalized In-Home Care
- 13571 McGregor Blvd.,Suite 26, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Servicing SW Florida for 21 Years
- Providing Services In: Homes, Hospitals, Assisted Living Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Call For a Free Needs Assessment
- We Provide Autonomy, Respect,and Honor with Tender Loving Care to the Older Adult Utilizing our Services
- It's our Responsibility to Engage in all Aspects of their Daily Living including Socialization, Pet Care and Local Community.
Epic Companion Care
We Make the Difference. Because You are Worth It.
- Serving Collier, Charlotte, Lee, Sarasota, DeSoto, Glades and Hendry
- Companion Care: Accompaniment on errands or to doctor's appointments & more
- Meal Preparation: While mealtime without a family may be lonely...we can not only prepare a nutritious meal, we can serve as a companion.
- We have licensed practical nurses, therapists and home health aides.
- Housekeeping and other chores
What is Home Care?
Home Care is general term used to describe services that are provided in-home, by professionals, to help people live safely at home. These services can range from home companions for seniors to skilled nursing and various therapies overseen by a doctor. In-home care may be necessary for a senior who needs assistance managing daily tasks, someone who has a chronic illness or is recovering from an injury, or someone with a disability or special needs. Services are provided in the home by professional caregivers such as aides, registered nurses and therapists, on a short- or long-term basis and tailored to each person’s condition.
What are the Benefits of Home Care?
The first benefit of Home Care is that it takes place at home, where a person feels most comfortable, safe and secure. There are many other benefits to receiving care at home, including:
• Greater independence
• Family participation in care, if desired, but also family respite
• Personalized care plans with one-on-one attention
• Faster recovery from illness or injury
• A team of home health care professionals can act as liaisons between the patient, family and doctor, while offering a broad range of services
• Less costly than a hospital, assisted living or skilled nursing
What are the Types of Home Care?
There are three types of Home Care. Home care providers may offer one type of care or a combination of all three:
1. Personal Care – also called Companion Care or Non-Medical Care. This type of service usually includes assistance with daily living, such as bathing, grooming and toileting. It may also involve meal preparation, light housekeeping, errands and companionship – time spent engaging in activities and hobbies of interest to the client. Personal Care may be used as respite care for family members or as a long-term alternative to assisted living.
2. Private Duty Nursing – generally found through an agency or as a direct hire. Private duty nurses provide a wide range of services that can include administration of medication, wound care, ventilator care, catheters, colostomy bags and feeding tubes. Care may also involve basic hygiene, grooming care and light household duties. Private Duty Nursing is usually a long-term solution to ongoing care needs due to chronic illness or disability.
3. Home Health Care – must be prescribed by a doctor. Home Health Care is usually prescribed because of a chronic illness, such as kidney failure or heart disease, or after a stroke, surgery, or other major health event. Medical professionals including registered nurses, nurse aides and physical, occupational and speech therapists may be necessary, all under a doctor’s supervision. Unlike Personal Care and Private Duty Nursing, Medicare may cover eligible Home Health Care, if the following conditions are met:
• It is ordered by a doctor, is deemed medically necessary and requires skilled services
• The care is prescribed after an in-person, documented visit with the doctor occurring no more than 90 days before or 30 days after the start of home health care
• There is a plan of care that is established by the doctor and is reviewed regularly, and includes the type, duration and frequency of care.
• The care must be intermittent or short-term
• The person receiving care must be certified by the doctor as homebound, or unable to leave home without the help of another person and/or the use of a wheelchair, walker, cane or crutches because of an injury or illness
• The agency providing the care must be Medicare-certified
No matter which type of Home Care you choose, the goal is to allow your loved one to live as healthfully and independently as possible, while giving you and your loved one peace of mind. You can begin your search for Home Health Care, Private Duty Nursing and/or Personal Care using our US map above. Our search results include descriptions of services offered, service areas, contact information and prices where available.