Tallahassee, FL – Elder Care Services Inc – LPN or RN
Travel Required: None
Department/Group: Elder Day Stay
Position Type: Part-time/Non-Exempt
Location: 1660 North Monroe Street Ste 11
HR Contact: Caroline Leitner
Date posted: 3/12/21
External posting URL: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Elder-Care-Services,-Inc./jobs
Internal posting URL: https://ecsbigbend.org/employment
Applications Accepted By: Fax or E-mail: 850-921-0082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Attention: HR Department RE: LPN / RN Position
Mail: Human Resources
Elder Care Services, Inc.
2518 West Tennessee Street
Tallahassee, FL 32304
JOB SUMMARY: Performs medication administration and other health care needs for clients at Elder Care Services’ Adult Day Care Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse by the State of Florida
• A reliable personal vehicle available and a good driving record
• Experience working with the elderly, particularly in an adult day care setting (preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use proper body mechanics in assisting clients to transfer
• Full wrist dexterity at a repetitive motion
• Must pass a level II criminal history check and drug screen prior to employment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor medical needs of Elder Day Stay Clients.
2. Perform medication administration/ management and other health care activities as ordered by client’s physician and maintain medical records.
3. Supervise, train and instruct all CNAs in medical issues to maintain consistency and quality of medical aspect of the Elder Day Stay program.
4. Act as liaison between physician, Elder Day Stay and family to maintain continuity of care and provide support for medical issues.
5. Perform client assessments as directed by the Director of Elder Day Stay.
6. Conduct wellness and nutrition activities to benefit the participants and assist in planning other daily activities.
7. Respond to medical emergencies as needed.
8. Assist individual clients in ambulation, eating, and toileting needs.
9. Attend staff meetings, staff trainings, and other activities integral to Elder Care Services as required.
10. Maintain and complete all required records, reports and other client activities.
11. Serve as the acting director when Director and Assistant Director are not present in the building.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Elder Day Stay and/or the President/CEO.
NOTE: All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen and criminal history check. ADA, EEO, Drug Free Workplace.