16 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Wauwatosa Area
A Life Plan Community
- 4545 North 92nd Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53225
- Daily dining options
- Beauty & barber shops & ice cream parlor
- Life enrichment opportunities & trips
- Guest rooms for visitors
- A full continuum of care
Faith is the Heart of Our Home
- 3800 North 92nd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Chef-prepared, homecooked meals are served modified restaurant-style in our dining rooms
- Our apartments in Jordan Hall and Tivoli Terrace provide a private, homelike environment within a comforting campus setting
- Each apartment complex has their own dining room, lounge space, and caring staff
- Access to a variety of healthcare services including rehabilitation services, physician care, ophthalmology, otolaryngology (ENT), dentistry, podiatry, geriatric psychiatry, and psychology
- Onsite hairstylists and barbers
Live your life your way
- 5301 W Lincoln Ave, West Allis, WI 53219
- Hotel-like private suites
- Large flat-screen TVs, games, movies, and more for your entertainment
- Breakfast, lunch, and supper each day are included in your stay, with all-day beverages and snacks
- Complimentary laundry and housekeeping services
- A variety of options for social interaction, physical and mental engagement, and spiritual and emotional wellness.
Healthcare & Community Living
- 3023 S 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53227
- Restaurant-Style Dining Rooms & Bistro Café
- Restaurant-Style Dining Rooms & Bistro Café
- Ceramics/Craft Studios, Woodworking Shops, Weaving Room
- Fitness Room, Libraries, Convenience Store, Hair Salons, Game Rooms, Beautiful Chapel
- Bank, Courtyards, Transportation
Everything we do at Ovation Jewish Home is to ultimately create joy and comfort for our residents within a safe and nurturing Jewish community.
- 1414 N. Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Kosher food is prepared and served under rabbinical direction
- A Certified Dietitian assesses each resident for nutritional needs, developing individual dietary plans
- Elegant setting overlooking Lake Michigan
- Newly renovated rooms offer beautiful views, carpeted floors, a lot of personal space, and beautiful art work
- The best nursing care available
Enriched Retirement Living
- 1840 North Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Taylor's fine dining restaurant overlooking Lake Michigan
- Bistro with casual dining and vibrant cityscapes and cozy fireplace and gathering space
- State-of-the-art fitness center, including warm water pool and whirlpool
- Cultural Arts Center featuring lectures, concerts, movies, and performances
- Well-stocked library-books, books on tape/CD, periodicals, DVD's, games, music and magazines
Convenience, Camaraderie & Community
- 2462 N Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- A fully equipped therapy department in the Health Center is available to residents for outpatient use.
- The Residence offers a chauffeur service. Residents may schedule round trip transportation for a nominal fee.
- Residents enjoy great food and have wonderful conversations with their friends
- Activities such as current events, book club, bridge and crafts are opportunities to connect and make new friends
- The Ballroom hosts a variety of activities such as evening performances, holiday parties and art shows
Complete Care. Caring for You Completely.
- 4500 West Loomis Rd, Greenfield, WI 53220
- Cardiac Care, Pulmonary Care, Stroke-Recovery Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secure Memory Care
- Wound Care
- Semi-Private Suites, Wi-Fi Throughout the Nursing Center, Events & Activities, On-Site Beauty Salon and Barbershop
The care you need to get back home
- 18740 W Bluemound Road, Brookfield, WI 53045
- Recover fast - Receive individualized nursing care from a team of warm, experienced health professionals who see you before your illness/injury.
- Regain independence - We’ll help you become more confident with activities of daily living and teach you techniques to manage safely at home.
- Meet new friends - Feel right at home in our welcoming community and enjoy ample opportunity for recreation and entertainment.
- Orthepedic Rehab, Cardiac Care, In-House Dialysis, Pulmonary Rehab, Stroke Recovery, Wound Care
- Private and semi-private suites
The Best Care
- 5910 South 118th Street, Hales Corners, WI 53130
- Spacious private suites
- Home cooked meals
- Community outings
- Laundry and linen services
- Skilled nursing and physical therapy services
Welcome to Sycamore Place!
- 7300 West Dean Road, Milwaukee, WI 53223
- We offer Adult Enrichment Classes and Trips
- Independent Living
- Out Patient Rehabilitation
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing - Ventilator Care and Hospice
Something new, interesting and engaging is always happening here.
- 9301 N. 76 Street, Milwaukee, WI 53223
- Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Adult Day Services
- Club Alexian
- The Village Square & Courtyard (assisted living)
The care you need to get back home
- 1451 Cleveland Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Respite care
- Infusion therapy
- Nutritional support services
- Advanced wound care
At Franciscan Villa, we are dedicated to providing seniors a lifestyle they can call their own with a variety of residential options and onsite amenities tailored to their individual needs.
- 3601 S. Chicago Avenue, SOUTH MILWAUKEE, WI 531723708
- Franciscan Villa - our skilled nursing facility.
- Franciscan Courts - a 39-unit assisted living apartment complex for the mostly-independent seniors.
- Franciscan Gardens - a 48-unit assisted living apartment complex dedicated to the care of the frail elderly and residents with early memory loss.
- Francis House - a 64-unit memory care assisted living facility.
A Complete Care Environment
- 3205 Wood Road, Racine, WI 53406
- 24/7 Skilled Nursing Care & In-House Medical Director
- Exceptional Culinary Team & Accommodating Social Service Team
- Life Enrichment & Wellness Programs
- On-Site Beautician/Barber & General Store
- Private and Semi-Private Accommodations, Medicare and Medicaid Certified
- 5595 County Road Z, West Bend, WI 53095
- Natural settings on beautiful campuses with lake-living amenities, life-enhancing programs and opportunities
- Vibrant senior independent living options featuring ranch homes and apartments
- Assisted living communities that provide personal care and peace of mind
- Long-term nursing households with five-star care and engaging activities
- Award-winning memory care within calm, inviting cottage neighborhoods
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.