1 Featured Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Stuart Area
Renewal Happens Here
- Warm and Close-Knit Subacute and Nursing Care Center
- Therapy Available Seven Days a Week
- Intergrative Therapy Programs Available
- Patient Concierge to Enhance Residents Experience
- Specialized Amputee Walking School
8 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Stuart Area
- 5850 SE Community Drive, Stuart, FL 34997
- 80 Private rooms
- Spanish translators available
- Free Wi-Fi
Welcome to Stylish Senior Living
- 2625 Southeast Cove Road, Stuart, FL 34997
- Gourmet, chef-prepared meals in stylish dining spaces
- A daily schedule of recreational, social, and educational activities
- Health and wellness programs in our fitness center
- The finest professional team members in Florida
- In our community, each and every resident enjoys the comfort and convenience of luxurious apartments and suites
Discover Independent and Assisted Living in Port St. Lucie, Florida
- 3700 SE Jennings Rd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34952
- 24-hour emergency response system closely monitored by on-site staff
- Fine dining, beautiful outdoor courtyards and cozy lounge areas
- Social and educational programs
- Heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- 1699 S.E. Lyngate Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952
- At Brighton Gardens, residents receive the personalized attention families have come to expect from Sunrise - a company that's been providing quality care for our nation's seniors since 1981.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care, post hospital and post surgical care, restorative care, coordination of physician and pharmacy services and family counseling.
- A Short Stay program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living.
- Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.
Dedicated to Providing High Quality Care
- 9555 Southeast Federal Hwy, Hobe Sound, FL 33455
- 24-Hour Personal Care & Supervision
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Short-Term Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
Providing a continuum of care services in a luxurious resort-like setting
- 650-656 Pioneer Road, Jupiter, FL 33458
- Resort-style amenities including a fitness and wellness center featuring a gym, weight training, yoga and exercise classes
- Gourmet, chef-prepared meals tailored to personal taste and preferences
- Wellness center with doctors and nursing office
- Wi-Fi in all suites and throughout the campus
- Staff available 24 hours/day
Mastering The Art of Living Well®
- 3400 Masterpiece Way, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- 90 Percent Refundable Plan: Offers unlimited lifetime access to the finest private health care with a 90 Percent refundable entrance fee to you or your estate.
- La Posada offers all the advantages of resort-style living in an environment that is truly inspiring. From our spacious apartment homes and villas, you'll enjoy breathtaking views of palm trees and lush greenery
- We'll make it easy to enjoy the worry-free lifestyle you've always dreamed of with a full continuum of care available on-site should the need arise.
- Our staff takes care of all the day-to-day details from maintenance to housekeeping
- Cultural, social, educational and recreational activities
Welcome to Chatsworth at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens
- 347 Hiatt Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
- Assisted Living - Enjoy the independent life you're used to while receiving extra support with meals, medications, and other daily tasks.
- Memory Care - Individuals with Alzheimer's and dementia enjoy a rewarding lifestyle in our specialized memory care neighborhood.
- Long-Term Care - For individuals who need total support with all daily tasks.
- Rehabilitation - For individuals who require physical, speech, or occupational therapy for injury, illness, or following a surgery.
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.