12 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Ridgeway Area
Care is our Business
- Inpatient & Outpatient rehabilitation including joint replacement & cardiac care
- 180-bed skilled nursing facility with 30-bed Specialized Alzheimer's unit
- Traditional long-term care with a team of healthcare professionals tailoring programs to meet each patient's specific needs.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation service provided by in-house licensed therapist for inpatient & outpatient needs
- 24-hour nursing care
Committed To Caring...
- 213 Tanglewood Court, Ridgeway, SC 29130
- Skilled Nursing Facility, Home Health Center
- Private & Semi-Private Rooms
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Short Term Rehabilitation
State-of-the-art recovery after the hospital.
- 1075 Heather Green Drive, Columbia, SC 29229
$205 per day
- Relax with a friend or guest in our Oaks Spa
- Rehabilitate in our UniQuest Therapy Pool - one of only 2 in SC (the other is used by USC's Gamecocks!)
- Definitely not your grandmother's nursing home!
- Enjoy socializing in our Sports Bar, Starbucks Coffee Shop, Movie Theatre, our beautiful courtyard or even our Chapel
- Enjoy fine dining in any of our four themed restaurants, all with their own menus for each and every meal!
Committed to Your Health
- 1007 N. King Street, Columbia, SC 29223
Call for Pricing!
- 24-Hour Skilled Nursing Care and Support Services
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- Long and Short Term Rehab stays
- IV Therapy, Wound care
- Beauty Salon and Courtyard
Whatever it takes and then some
- 177-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility, 24-hour nursing care and Medical Directors
- A home-like atmosphere with a state-of-the-art Rehab Center and many on-site amenities
- Indepth, comprehensive Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy program delivered by highly skilled professionals
- A multidisciplinary team who works together to ensure quick recovery times to get patients back on their feet and back at home
- Compassionate clinicians and therapists, individualized care plans, excellent outcomes
Committed to Caring
- 2451 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC 29201
- 24-hour nursing services
- Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapies
- I.V. Therapy, Wound Care Management
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Recreational Activities Programming
Gracious living in a caring environment
- 700 DaVega Drive, Lexington, SC 29073
- Open to people of all faiths
- Wellness programming
- Cultural and social events
- Walking Paths and boardwalks to Saluda River
- Organization with over 60 years of service in SC
It's a new day to live well
- 1 Still Hopes Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Indoor, heated swimming pool
- Well-equipped fitness center with exercise classes
- On-campus bar and pub
- Arts and crafts room
- Four unique dining venues
Serving patients' needs through multiple levels of care, including subacute, traditional, respite & comprehensive rehabilitation
- Subacute & Skilled Care
- Managed Care
- Traditional Care
- Respite Care
- Rehabilitation Services: Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Nutritional Therapy
Luxury Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing in Lexington, SC
- 200 Wellmore Drive, Lexington, SC 29072
- Full Continuum of Care (Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Skilled Nursing, and Short-Term Rehab) means residents do not need to move from our community should healthcare needs change.
- Three (3) Million Dollar on-site Wellness Center with indoor, heated therapy pool & aerobic/fitness rooms featuring our award-winning wellness programs to enhance the quality of life for residents.
- Social and Dining Programs that are setting new industry standards to not only maintain resident dignity and engagement, but expand engagement with unique experiences.
- All-Inclusive Care Pricing in Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care. This offers our residents and their families true peace of mind that the monthly rate will not increase regardless of the care needed in these care settings.
- 24-hour emergency response system
The first-class Alzheimer’s care your loved one deserves.
- Designed as residential and home-like as possible with an openness to create a warm, non-institutional environment
- Lounges feature bird aviaries
- All private rooms with private bathrooms (including showers)
- The Center has controlled access
Extended care for your recovery, in a place that feels like home.
- 815 Old Cherokee Road, Lexington, SC 29072
- Post surgical recovery, ortho care, stroke rehabilitation
- 24 hour nursing
- Respiratory therapy on site, 12 hours daily
- Hospice Care
- Alzheimer's special care unit
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.