2 Featured Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Raymore Area
Exceptional Senior Living
- 12000 Lamar Ave, Overland Park, KS 66209
- Clare Bridge Daily Path, a gentle structure to sustain abilities and reassure residents
- Clare Bridge Dining Program, enhances opportunity to enjoy dining experiences
- Clare Bridge Associate Training, techniques and approaches for successful care
- Clare Bridge Behavior Support, intervention protocols to satisfy unmet needs
Comfortable, Upscale Senior Living in Prairie Village, KS
- 7105 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
6 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Raymore Area
Real Choice, Real Freedom
- 1500 W. Foxwood Drive, Raymore, MO 64083
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Garden homes also available
- Corner Store, our on-site general store, makes it easy to pick up last-minute or everyday items for your apartment.
- Our heated indoor swimming pool is great for an aquatic workout or a leisurely swim with friends or family.
- Meals are prepared by our trained chefs, using only hand-selected produce, the freshest herbs and spices, and the freshest meat and seafood. Chefs at Foxwood Springs will gladly cater special events, even preparing dishes from residents' own recipes.
Kansas City's Senior Living Sweet Spot
- 10000 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64114
- The community is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1982.
- Our apartment homes are larger than in most other Kansas City area communities and have been newly renovated to today's standards.
- Aquatic Center with Indoor Pool and Spa.
- We have a dedicated and loyal staff, including a significant portion of Fountaineers - staff members who have been with Kingswood for over five years.
- All persons at least 65 years of age are welcome, regardless of religious affiliation.
Beautiful Senior Living Community in Overland Park with Assisted Living, Nursing Care, & Independent Senior Living
- 3501 West 95th Street, Overland Park, KS 66206
- Restaurant-style dining with menu options
- Concierge services
- A full complement of social, educational and recreational activities
- Comfortable common areas with furnishings and artwork
- Landscaping, gardens and outdoor walking areas
New friends, New beginnings
- 11000 Oakmont, Overland Park, KS 66210
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails
- Located close to Highway 435, our community is organized into four
- 54 apartments, all of which are on one floor for easy access
- Here our residents, in many cases, with their pets, enjoy retirement living
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, TV room and activities center, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
We Provide Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Long Term Care
- 201 E. Flaming Drive, Olathe, KS 66061
- 24-hours Skilled Nursing services
- Nutrition services directed by a Registered Dietitian
- Planned activities and outings
- IV Therapy
- Wound Care Management
The Sweet Life Rosehill located in Shawnee, Kansas offers Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing options for seniors.
- 12802 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, KS 66216
- Gourmet buffet
- Movie theater
- Ice cream parlor
- Wine cellar
- Recreation room
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.