1 Featured Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Orange Area
Combining Exceptional Care and Luxury Living!
- 31741 Rancho Viejo Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Set on acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and lovely gardens
- Choices of attractive suites complete with full baths
- Warm, family-friendly atmosphere
- Wide range of activities each month, including family nights, holiday parties, dances, physical and fitness activities
- Conveniently located in an urban area
11 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Orange Area
You are the reason we are here!
- 142 South Prospect, Orange, CA 92869
- Small, intimate senior living community with 61 apartments on two floors
- We also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room and TV room, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- Centrally located within Orange County close to the 55 freeway and convenient to area churches, schools, Old Town, the Stater Bros Mall, several banks, a pharmacy and El Modeno Park
- A true family-like home atmosphere with a strong sense of community
Welcome to Regents Point
- 19191 Harvard Ave., Irvine, CA 92612
- Enjoy an expertly prepared meal in our dining room or bistro.
- Socialize with friends and family in our lounges and common areas.
- Keep active in the fitness centre, swimming, putting green and lawn bowling area.
- Kick back and relax at the spa.Get creative in the arts studio.
- And count on the full continuum of healthcare services, should you ever need them.
Our Personalized Approach to Care Helps Us Meet Your Changing Needs.
- 24552 Paseo De Valencia, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
Exceptional Senior Living
- 15302 Brookhurst Street, Westminster, CA 92683
- Family-friendly atmosphere
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, library and TV room, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- Available twenty-four hours a day, our assisted living services offer flexibility and options
- Warm and caring staff who genuinely care about residents and work as a team to support their needs
Reimagining Retirement in Yorba Linda!
- 17803 Imperial Highway, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Should you need a helping hand, we also offer complete customized assisted living services
- Our community offers an innovative program in which we create specially designed memory care neighborhoods that provide a personalized and familiar setting tailored to each resident's unique needs
- Our community offers 24-hour nursing supervision for residents requiring the highest level of care
- Set on over 2.5 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, walking trails and lovely gardens
- Located near Highways 55, 57 and 91, our community offers 160 apartments on two floors
Exceptional Senior Living
- 5900 Chapman Avenue, Garden Grove, CA 92845
- 81 apartments on two floors
- We are proud to offer a selection of assisted living services and amenities based on each senior's needs
- State-of-the-art computerized resident evaluation program
- Lovely dining room, TV room and library
- Wide range of activities every month, including on-site lectures and off-site excursions
Promoting Successful Aging!
- 3411 West Ball Road, Anaheim, CA 92804
- Companion & Private Room Accommodations
- Furnished/Unfurnished, as desired
- Complete Dining Program (3 Meals & Snacks Daily)
- On-site Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Private Spa
The Retirement You Want. On Your Terms. Right Here in the Area You Love!
- 800 Morningside Drive, Fullerton, CA 92835
- Formal dining room and casual lounge
- Outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room
- Arts and crafts studio with display areas and kiln, woodworking shop
- Golf pitching practice area
- Individual gardens and community greenhouse
Exceptional Senior Living
- 10615 Jordan Road, Whittier, CA 90603
- Emeritus at Casa Whittier is considered one of the Greater Los Angeles area's premier senior living communities
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, TV room, activities center and library, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- We've designed our services to focus on wellness, helping you maintain or improve your health, so you can live as independently as possible
Exceptional Senior Living
- 8101 Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA 90602
- Our cozy home offers apartments on two floors, where residents, in many cases, with their pets, enjoy retirement living
- Our common areas, including our activities room with fireplace and beautiful outdoor patio, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- We also offer a wide range of activities every month, including the opportunity to join the Community Committee, off-site excursions and exercise programs
- Emeritus at Whittier is in a residential area just minutes from shopping centers, boutiques, dinning, banks and beautiful Seal Beach
Committed to You & Your Loved Ones!
- 5881 El Palomino Dr, Riverside, CA 92509
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a private lake complete with ducks, turtles, fish and a lakefront deck
- Located close to several freeways, including 91, 60 and I-15, our community offers 122 apartments on three floors
- Our common areas, including the Sun Room Cafe, theater and game room, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- Services including Laundry, Prepared meals, Housekeeping, Transportation, Basic Cable & WiFi
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.