11 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the John's Island Area
Your Short-Term & Post-Hospital Rehabilitation Choice!
- 3647 Maybank Ave, John's Island, SC 29455
- 132-Bed Skilled Nursing Facility
- Rehabilitation: PT/OT/ST, Outpatient Rehab Services and Stroke Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic care, Post surgical recovery, Cardiopulmonary management
- Intravenous Therapy and Tracheotomy Care
- Alzheimer's and dementia Care
A New Era in Care
- 2375 Baker Hospital Boulevard, Charleston, SC 29405
$165 per day for Semi-Private and $180 per day for Private (Private Pay Rates). Call for details
- CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation
- High percentage of patients return home
- Multimedia Room
- IV Therapy, Wound care and Trach Care
- Private Room with TV, Phone and Electric Beds
Safeguard Yourself Throughout a Vibrant Retirement
- 1500 Franke Drive, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Patio Homes, Apartments and Rental Apartments
- Multiple dining venues on campus - formal and casual
- Walking trails that intertwine among lagoons and towering pines
- Card room houses many competitive games while our common living room and library are wonderful places to escape and relax among friends
- On-campus hair salon
It Looks Like a Luxury Resort; It Lives Like Home
- 1400 Liberty Midtown Dr, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- Our Wellness Center consists of a wide variety of fitness and wellness programs to suit the beginner as well as the advanced fitness enthusiast
- Our goal is to make your days carefree and fulfilling, so we take care of the cooking, cleaning and maintenance for you.
- Among the community's many amenities are a lovely indoor pool, an active wellness center, an onsite spa, numerous dining venues and a full staff dedicated to providing exceptional programs and concierge-type services
- The serene setting of South Bay offers a library and various cozy spaces for watching a movie or sporting event or curling up with a book.
- Residents will enjoy walking and riding bikes around the community or along the nearby beaches, taking part in yoga, tai chi or meditation classes, or simply sitting in the courtyard chatting with neighbors over coffee or cocktails.
We are a Compassionate Christian Ministry Dedicated to Enriching the Quality of Live for Seniors of all Faiths!
- 201 W 9th North Street, Summerville, SC 29483
- Open to people of all faiths, with over 60 years of service in SC
- Wellness programming
- Cultural and social events
- 84-acre campus filled with ponds, fountains, walking trails and prayer gardens
- Fitness classes and enclosed swimming pool
Committed To Caring...
- 505 South Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- Beauty Salon
- Coffee Shop & Library
- Restaurant Style Dining
- Private & Semi Private Rooms
- Recreational Activities
Committed To Caring...
- 401 Witsell Street, Walterboro, SC 29488
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Medication Management
- Short Term Rehabilitation
- 24 Hour Nursing
- Activity Program
A Unique Healing Experience
- 87 Birdsong Way, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- Long-Term Care Programs
- Short-Term Recuperation
- Respite Services
- Alzheimer's Care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
Now is the time for Vi
- 700 TidePointe Way, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Heated 25-meter indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Sunset Lounge, a fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors and fine wine
- Dog-friendly park overlooking Broad Creek
Serving the local Hilton Head Island community since 1982
- 300 Woodhaven Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
- The Seabrook offers ten (10) different condominium floor plans including: Studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and large two bedrooms with and without a den.
- A finely-appointed dining room & library
- Beauty parlor and barbershop
- Auditorium space capable of handling large gatherings (200+ seat-capacity)
- On the grounds: the heated swimming pool, woodworking shop, shuffleboard court, putting green, covered gazebos overlooking lagoons with fountains, covered walkways connecting the resident's building to the Seabrook House.
Where Relationships Matter
- 3039 Okatie Hwy. (SC 170), Bluffton, SC 29910
- Skilled Nursing, Continuing Care, Rehabilitation, Respite Care, Home Care and Hospice
- Activities and entertainment scheduled daily
- Dining room, beauty/barber shop
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Gardening area
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.