1 Featured Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Harrisburg Area
Committed to Caring
$7570 per month for semi-private rooms/$8585 per month for private rooms
- We're always here for you, taking admissions 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our services include: 24-hr nursing services, I.V. therapy, wound care management, pain management, oxygen therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- Our home features: beautifully decorated interiors and furnishings; large, comfortable family room with TV/VCR; bright activity room with private courtyard and kitchen; lighted outdoor pathways with spacious porches and fountain; gas grill for outdoor cookouts; spacious dining room with piano and courtyard view.
- PruittHealth Fitness Therapy Program is a strength-building program utilizing state-of-the-art Nautilus (R) and Biodex (R) equipment to deliver proven positive benefits for older adults.
- Members of our home team come from nursing, dietary, activities, social services, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, volunteers and administration. They strive on a daily basis to make this the most comfortable environment possible for 'living'.
1 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Harrisburg Area
The next generation of short-term rehabilitation
- 2700 Royal Commons Lane, Matthews, NC 28105
- SciFit function C3 for knee & back rehab
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Dedicated short-term rehab unit
- Physician-managed wound care program
- In- and out-patient services; home health coordination services
Other Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Harrisburg Area
The Gardens of Taylor Glen
Live Your Best Life with Us
- 3700 Taylor Glen Lane, Concord, NC 28027
- Taylor Glen is a gated community with a monitored entrance and 24-hour security.
- Scheduled activities include social, cultural, recreational, educational, health and wellness, and inspirational programs and events.
- A campus chaplain directs religious services and programs.
- Residents have complete access to activity areas, including lounges, library, auditorium, chapel, indoor swimming pool and fitness area, wood working shop, billiard room and card room. Also available on-site are a convenience store, bank, area for massage, and beauty/barber shop.
- The Gardens of Taylor Glen offers several dining options, a cafe for casual dining, wait-service dining in the main dining room in the evening , and a private dining room for special occasions.
Saturn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Specializing in Short-Term Habilitation for Seniors
- 1930 W. Sugar Creek Road, Charlotte, NC 28262
- Respice care available; 24-hour nursing care, post-surgical recovery, joint replacement therapy, wound care management, Vital Stim Therapy, aphasia/cognitive impairment treatment, geriatric outpatient therapy services
- Out-patient therapy
- Lymphedema therapy specialist on staff
- Funtional Capacity evaluations
- Hospice/Palliative Care Services
Diverse by Design
- 3800 Shamrock Drive, Charlotte, NC 28215
- A variety of clubs such activities, such as ceramics, painting, photography, gardening and woodworking
- Spiritual support for all traditions and denominations
- Weekly movie nights, concerts at the lake
- Biweekly happy hours and shopping trips
- Computer and tech classes
Five Oaks Rehabilitation and Care Center
Personalized Care You Can Count On
- 413 Winecoff School Road, Concord, NC 28027
- Board-certified geriatrician/medical director
- 24/7 registered nurse on staff in-house
- 7-day-a-week rehabilitation services
- Extensive orthopedic services
- Stroke recovery
Accordius Health at Midwood
Fostering Independence, Improving Lives
- 2727 Shamrock Drive, Charlotte, NC 28205
- Expect a warm and friendly reception when you step through our doors. Our leadership team will meet you within 24 hours of admission to make sure that you’re comfortable and settled in.
- Don’t be surprised when our administrator and team or other community leaders check in on you...every day. Coffee? Snacks? Dishes that suit your dietary needs? We’ll go down the list to make sure you have everything you need.
- Follow the latest news and keep abreast of current events with free WiFi all hours of the day.
- Our menu directly reflects our geographic location, featuring fresh, flavorful food. Every meal features two enticing entree options to ensure that you get the food you love.
- Our activities specialists excel in providing therapeutic programs that are meaningful and are patient-centered.
Brian Center Health and Retirement Cabarrus
Restore. Resume. Recover.
- 250 Bishop Lane, Concord, NC 28025
- 24 Hour Licensed Skilled Nursing
- Medical Management
- Long & Short-Term Care
- Stroke recovery, cardiac and wound care
Pelican Health at Charlotte
Comforts, Care, Cure
- 2616 East Fifth Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
- Short-term care: Providing intense rehabilitation or transitional care between hospital and home
- Long-term care: Offering a new home when extended care is needed
- Hospice care: Providing supportive services in the final phase of a terminal illness
- Respite care: Helping when a caregiver is unable to be available
- Medicare certification
The Citadel at Myers Park
Reinventing Healthcare in Nursing Homes
- 300 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC 28207
- Short-term care: Providing intense rehabilitation or transitional care between hospital and home.
- Long-term care: Offering a new home when extended care is needed
- Hospice care: Providing supportive services in the final phase of a terminal illness.
- Respite care: Helping when a caregiver is unable to be available.
- Medicare certification
Pelican Health Randolph
Comforts, Care, Cure
- 4801 Randolph Rd, Charlotte, NC 28211
- Short-Term Rehab & Long-Term Care
- Rehab Suited For Skills Training
- Home Assessment Prior To Discharge
- Well Trained & Caring Staff
- Community Outings
Olde Knox Commons
Your Family Member Deserves the Best Care
- 13825 Hunton Lane, Huntersville, NC 28078
- Our 14 private room short-term rehabilitation unit is designed for residents in need of therapeutic stay. Residents receive specialized intensive therapies and nursing services to assist them in reach their rehabilitative and physical function goals.
- Skilled nursing care unit beds are dedicated to the residents in need of long-term skilled nursing care. The unit is designed to enhance the quality of care for residents with long term debilitating conditions.
- Specializing in orthopedic rehab with 'Home In 10 Days' program for post-surgery patients. Available 7 days a week.
- We offer respite and hospice care.
- We offer 24-hr skilled nursing.
Atrium Health Sardis Oaks
Get Back to Life...Faster
- 5151 Sardis Rd, Charlotte, NC 28270
- 24-Hour Physician Coverage
- 24-Hour Professional Nursing
- Licensed Dietician
- Certified Recreational Therapists
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.