1 Featured Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Fremont Area
You Can Trust Our Family to Serve Yours
- 1111 Ulatis Drive, Vacaville, CA 95687
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard
- Located near Interstate 80 between Sacramento and San Francisco
- Enjoy retirement living in a warm, family-like atmosphere surrounded by fruit orchards, rolling hills and farmland
- Wide range of activities each month, including exercise programs and off-site excursions
- Residents live in a secure, personalized and familiar setting that feels comfortable for them
15 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Fremont Area
Friendship, Community and Security
- 21966 Dolores Street, Castro Valley, CA 94546
- Restaurant style dining with gourmet and special diet menu selections
- A variety of activities, programs, and meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Woodworking Shop
- The Baywood Court Computer Lab enables residents to write their autobiography, trace their genealogy, research topics of interest, or simply surf the Internet.
We embrace a reverence for life, and a heart for caring.
- 709 N Street, Newman, CA 95360
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Daily Activities Program
- Wi-Fi Enabled
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Exceptional Senior Living
- 38035 Martha Avenue, Fremont, CA 94536
- 20 suites all on one level for easy access; some furnished
- All utilities except basic cable and telephone included
- 3 meals a day, served restaurant-style
- Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
- Our package price includes all services and care.
Enjoy the active retirement lifestyle of upscale independent living
- 21000 Mission Boulevard, Hayward, CA 94541
- Set on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and two lovely garden areas with many large trees and birds
- 97 apartments on three floors
- Yard work, housekeeping, meal preparation, even transportation, is taken care of for you
- With its warm, family-friendly atmosphere, Emeritus at Landmark Villa feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
- Wide range of activities each month, including exercise classes and community outings to the Oakland Zoo
Our Personalized Approach to Care Helps Us Meet Your Changing Needs.
- 23500 Cristo Rey Drive, Cupertino, CA 95014
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
An innovative approach to caring for residents with memory loss
- 400 West El Pintado Boulevard, Danville, CA 94526
- We gather a detailed life story from you, helping us get to know your loved one when they can no longer share their own stories themselves.
- We offer recreational and social programs based on your loved one's personal preferences and abilities.
- We offer you, the family, educational programs to help you better understand what your loved one is going through and how you can best support his or her needs.
- Through our family-to-family connections, we offer the opportunity for you to share and learn from other families experiencing similar situations through Alzheimer's and Dementia support groups, family gatherings and meetings.
- We individualize our Alzheimer's and Dementia Service and Care Plan to help with reminders, redirection, medication, bathing and other specific needs.
Warm, Loving Care for Seniors
- 3431 Foothill Boulevard, Oakland, CA 94601
- Comfortable and supportive senior housing accommodations that puts our residents' living needs front and center
- Three balanced, nutritious daily meals
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Weekly laundry and housekeeping
- Art classes led by our Artist-In-Residence
Welcome to Saratoga Retirement Community, Silicon Valley's finest destination for extraordinary senior living.
- 14500 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
- Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change.
- Beautiful dining room with a cheerful waitstaff, a fitness center and indoor pool and spa, a club lounge, a library, a bocce ball court, a putting green, colorful gardens, surrounding residential neighborhoods to walk in and so much more.
- We have apartment homes in one-, two-, and two-bedroom-plus-den styles. We also have several spacious two-bedroom cottages.
- You'll also delight in the fine dining prepared each day by our executive chef and the culinary team.
- You'll have the peace of mind that comes only from living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
New Friends, New Beginnings
- 355 West Grant Line Road, Tracy, CA 95376
- Enjoy the active retirement lifestyle of upscale independent living
- Should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services
- Our community also offers an innovative memory care program, Join Their Journey®, for seniors affected by Alzheimer's or dementia
- With its family-friendly atmosphere, Emeritus at Heritage Place feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
The Retirement Community With A European Heritage Situated In An Intimate, Garden Setting.
- 326 Mission Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
- The immaculately maintained 3 and a half acre Aldersly garden campus is situated just a few minutes north of San Francisco
- Independent Living - Private, garden apartments offer a range of floor plans, many suitable for couples.
- Assisted Living - Rosenborg Assisted Living Center offers 30 state-of-the-art private apartments designed to provide more responsive, personalized assistance for its residents.
- Health Care & Rehabilitation Center - Professional nurses provide daily oversight in our Health Care and Rehabilitation Center in the Kronborg Building.
- The entire Aldersly staff is dedicated to the idea of providing the highest level of appropriate, knowledgeable, and personalized care.
Caring Skilled Nursing in Stockton
- 537 East Fulton St., Stockton, CA 95204
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Nutritional support services
- Recreational activities
- Social services / case management
- Hospice care
Luxury Retirement Living in Stockton
- 877 East March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207
- Gated community with intercom system
- Luxury apartments with balcony or patio, plus private bathroom
- 3 nutritious meals daily, served restaurant-style, plus snacks
- Weekly housekeeping, including linen and laundry service
- Kitchenettes in all apartments
Exceptional Senior Living
- 2150 West Kettleman Lane, Lodi, CA 95242
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails
- As a beautiful, small community rich in local history, Lodi is surrounded by scenic country vineyards on all sides
- Austin Gardens is a pleasant Alzheimer's care community comprised of 4 private units, and 36 friendship suites
- Our team is comprised of individuals who are totally committed to providing compassionate, kind, understanding and respectful care to the seniors entrusted to our care
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3255 Villa Lane, Napa, CA 94558
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard and nestled in the heart of the Napa Valley
- 83 apartments on two floors
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, library and TV room, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- Convenient to shopping, with Safeway, Lucky's, Marshalls, Wal-Mart, Target, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods
- State-of-the-art computerized resident evaluation program called wE Care
We embrace a reverence for life, and a heart for caring.
- 1900 Coffee Road, Modesto, CA 95355
- Computer use so you may email your friends and family to let them know how you are doing
- Enchanting Candlelight Dinners monthly
- Special Menus to fit your needs
- Beauty / Barber services on site
- Activity / Entertainment Schedule where you can select what you enjoy
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.