16 Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Altamonte Springs Area
Boutique Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Starting from $200 Per Day
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Coordination of physician services & pharmacy services
- Individualized care planning & regular health assessments
- Social and recreational activities
- Specialized nutritional services
High above the rest
- One complimentary meal daily. Select from new menu options each day, served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- Weekly maid service including: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom and general housekeeping.
- General maintenance: repairs and replacement of appliances; heating; air conditioning; plumbing; fixture and equipment maintenance; and improvements.
- A host of scheduled social, recreational, educational, cultural and spiritual programs, including: guest speakers; receptions; field trips; entertainment; games; movies; and a variety of special events.
- Transportation to/from medical appointments, shopping and errands.
Where passion and care live.
- 989 Orientqa Ave, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- 24/7 easy admissions
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Discharge planning
- Infection management
- IV therapy
Let our family take care of your family.
- 1520 S. Grant St., Longwood, FL 32750
- Located on beautiful Lake Fairy with a courtyard facing lake and close to churches with weekly participation in services
- Private bathrooms in all rooms & Private and semi-private rooms
- Active social schedule with wide variety of activities to meet individual needs
- Entertainment provided on site and in the community
- Satellite TV in all rooms as well as Internet accessibility
INDEPENDENT BY NATURE
- 500 Village Pl, Longwood, FL 32779
- Restaurant-style dining
- Extensive calendar of activities and events
- Weekly housekeeping service and flat linen service
- Community-sponsored trips
- 24-hour security and gated entrance
The Trusted Choice
- 831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- Our stroke rehabilitation program has earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
- Our hip fracture rehabilitation program has earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
- Our brain injury rehabilitation program has earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission.
- We remain dedicated to guiding each patient through recovery and are committed to changing their life for the better
- Superior Amenities
Geriatric Excellence … Close to Home
- 550 West Morse Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32789
- 24-hour nursing services by licensed nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nurse assistants
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Gated courtyard and gazebo
- Special diets available, as ordered by physicians
- A variety of activities including music, movies, computers and group reading
Experience Your Own Personal Oasis
- 1620 Mayflower Court, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Elegant apartments to suit every need
- Waterfront Villas in a picturesque setting
- Amenities of a luxury resort
- Fine and casual dining options
- Housekeeping service (biweekly)
What’s best for you is what really matters
- 558 North Semoran Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32791
- At Regents Park, a customized plan of care is designed for every patient
- Regents Park offers a wide variety of therapy services, with therapy up to seven days a week.
- Respite stays in skilled and assisted care settings
- Social Services and discharge planning
- Structured activity programs
Choosing the Road to Recovery...
- 2075 Loch Lomond Drive, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Parkview Rehab Center at Winter Park offers a customized plan of care is designed for every patient
- We also offer a wide variety of therapy services, with therapy up to seven days a week.
- Respite stays in skilled and assisted settings
- Social Services and discharge planning
- Structured Activity Programs
Choosing the road to recovery...
- 1024 Willa Springs Drive, Winter Springs, FL 32708
- Inpatient & outpatient rehabilitation services
- Subacute, long-term and respite care
- Recreational activities provided daily
- 4,200 sq ft state-of-the-art rehabilitation department
- Religious services & spiritual support provided for residents and family members
Where being happy never gets old.
- 1111 South Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Exclusive My W Life wellbeing program, emphasizing wellness of body, mind, and soul
- Fitness center
- Heated, outdoor swimming pools with lakeshore views
- Restaurant-style dining all day long: delightful gourmet fare in the main dining room, a casual bistro menu at Westminster Baldwin Park or homemade grab-and-go café fare
- Lounge, pub and other common areas for entertaining
Our Goal is to Care, Heal and Provide Incomparable Service
- 2000 North Semoran Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32807
- 24-Hour Nursing Care with Extensive Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehab & Respite Care
- Pain Management, IV Therapies & Tracheotomy Care
- Daily Activities & Transportation
- Accommodations Tailored to Meet the Needs of the Individual
Comfortable and affordable retirement for Lutherans since 1948!
- 2041 West State Road 426, Oviedo, FL 32765
- A faith based community offering a supportive environment where an emphasis is placed on spiritual, physical, intellectual and social wellness
- Our Life Lease Apartment Homes offer a simplified, maintenance-free independent living lifestyle with many extras
- Healthcare Services from Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care and Home Care
- You can be as busy as you want to be with a wide variety of activities
- Assisted Living services are available to all members of the community, regardless of religious affiliation and we have a dedicated Admissions Counselor and Social Worker to assist with the medical and insurance paperwork.
Where being happy never gets old.
- 70 West Lucerne Circle, Orlando, FL 32801
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Your choice of delightful dining options, with restaurant-style dining in the main dining room and casual fare in the Crossroads Café
- Heated, outdoor swimming pool
- Exclusive My W Life wellbeing program, emphasizing wellness of body, mind and soul
- Library and computer center
Experience The Life Care Difference
Starting at $237 per day
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing
- Hospice & Respite Care Available
- Out Patient Programs
- Physical, Occupational, Speech & IV Therapies
- Alzheimer's Specialty Care
Other Nursing & Rehab Communities in the Altamonte Springs Area
Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte
Briding The Gap Between Hospital & Home
- 1099 West Town Parkway, Altamonte Springs, FL 03271
- Elegant Family Rooms
- Screened Patio
- Large Dining Room
- Case Management Services
- Patient/Family Education
What is Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation?
Skilled Nursing Facilities, or SNFs, offer a high level of in-patient medical treatment and rehabilitation. SNFs provide 24/7 care to patients who no longer need hospitalization but still require complex nursing and therapy in order to recover from acute injury, illness or surgery. The staff providing the care have received advanced training and licensing, and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, all working under doctor supervision. Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities can operate as standalone businesses or they can be part of a nursing home or assisted living facility, in a separate unit, wing or floor.
The goal of SNFs is to help patients regain sufficient function and health to return home or transition to another housing option that requires a lower level of care, such as a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because patients enter a skilled nursing facility after a hospital stay, SNFs often describe the care provided as “post-acute care”. This post-acute care often requires some form of rehabilitation for sufficient recovery, so skilled nursing and rehabilitation go hand-in-hand. The types of care provided include:
• Cardiac care
• IV Therapy
• Wound care
• Pulmonary rehabilitation
• Post-stroke recovery
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Speech-language pathology
• Physical therapy
• Occupational therapy
What is the Difference between a Skilled Nursing Facility and a Nursing Home?
SNFs and nursing homes do share some overlap, which can make differentiating between the two somewhat difficult. And again, a nursing home may offer skilled nursing and rehab in a separate wing or area. But they both assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting and eating. They also manage minor medical tasks, like monitoring medication or oxygen, but beyond that, the types of medical care offered by SNFs and nursing homes differ tremendously.
As described above, SNFs offer “skilled care” – specialized medical care and therapy that can only be safely provided by professionally-trained staff for post-acute recovery and rehabilitation. Care frequently involves the use of hospital-quality medical equipment, which is not available in nursing homes. Nursing homes provide “custodial care”, or care that can be provided by non-licensed staff, often nurse aides. This includes assistance with ADLs, cooking, laundry, and administration of medication. Residents of nursing homes are usually medically stable but have chronic or ongoing conditions that require 24-hr supervision as opposed to 24-hr medical care, such as mobility or cognitive issues. Nursing homes don’t need to have registered nurses in-house, around-the clock and can have RNs or doctors on call.
The duration of care is another major difference between SNFs and nursing homes. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the average length of stay in a SNF is 28 days. In contrast, a nursing home is a home, rather than a clinical setting, and is designed to be more permanent. A nursing home has residents instead of patients. Nursing homes focus on daily, non-medical care, with an emphasis on social engagement and building a sense of community. Meals are served in a communal setting, and planned activities and neighborhood excursions are a regular part of life.
The final major difference between Skilled Nursing Facilities and nursing homes is cost. Medicare does not cover the costs for custodial care, which is what nursing homes provide. SNF stays in a semi-private room may be partially covered by Medicare Part A if certain criteria are met, including but not limited to:
• The stay is ordered by a doctor
• A qualifying hospital stay of at least 3 days preceded the order
• Care is complex enough that it can only be performed by professional personnel, such as nurses or therapists
• The services are received in a Medicare-certified SNF
If these and other criteria are met, Medicare will cover stays of up to 100 days as follows:
• Days 1-20: 100%
• Days 21-100: copay
• Days 101+: 0%
What are the Benefits of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
• Skilled nursing is available 24/7, under the supervision of a doctor
• A specialized therapy and care plan involving a variety of treatment methods
• Lower chance of rehospitalization
• On-site tests and procedures
• Dietary assistance
• Medicare coverage for qualifying cases
Begin your search for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Facilities and Nursing Homes by using our US map above. Your search results will include community pictures, descriptions, floor plans, direct contact information and pricing where available.