9 Memory Care Communities in the Tracy Area
Welcome Home to Pacifica Senior Living in Modesto, CA
- 2325 St. Pauls Way, Modesto, CA 95355
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Two Large, Lovely Patio Areas
- Meals, Snacks and Some Special Diets
- Music Therapy, Singing, Live Entertainment and Dancing
- Scheduled Transportation
New Friends, New Beginnings
- 355 West Grant Line Road, Tracy, CA 95376
- Enjoy the active retirement lifestyle of upscale independent living
- Should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services
- Our community also offers an innovative memory care program, Join Their Journey®, for seniors affected by Alzheimer's or dementia
- With its family-friendly atmosphere, Emeritus at Heritage Place feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
Discover the rewards of a life well lived!
- 430 North Union Road, Manteca, CA 95337
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Full kitchens in every apartment
- Month to month rental, no buy-in required
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
A Legacy of Caring...
- 1130 Empire Avenue, Manteca, CA 95336
- 24-hour Room Service
- Personal Exercise Program
- Lifetime Enrichment Program
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Expressions Memory Care
Warm & Friendly Alzheimer's Care in Stockton
- 3530 Deer Park Drive, Stockton, CA 95219
- Cottage-style homes that overlook an adjoining landscaped courtyard
- Backyard, patio, and guided pathways allow residents a sense of freedom in a secure setting
- We focus on maximizing each resident's quality of life by understanding and meeting his or her individual needs.
The Best Value in Livermore Senior Living
- 35 Fenton Street, Livermore, CA 94550
- 81 private studio and 1 bedroom apartments
- Spacious and intimate common living areas
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with rose garden and squirrel filled Oak trees
- Restaurant-style dining room with a variety of meal choices each day
- Activities and game rooms including 52” LCD TV's for viewing pleasure
Memory Care at Sunol Creek in Pleasanton, CA
- 5980 Sunol Boulevard, Pleasanton, CA 94566
- A familiar daily routine
- Family-style meals served three times daily and favorite snacks throughout the day
- Opportunities for individual and group activities, including gardening, cooking, music, movies and reminiscing
- Dementia-specific activities, such as memory boxes and scrapbooks
- Exercise programs including stretching, walking and balance
Experience The Stratford Spirit and the Lifestyle you deserve!
- 3529 Forest Glenn Dr, Modesto, CA 95355
$2195 - Apartments
- Chef designed menus featuring anytime menu selections and daily specials at each meal
- All kitchenettes include microwaves and refrigerators
- Rhett & Scarlett Movie Theater
- Cut-N-Curl Beauty/Barber shop
- Scheduled transportation to doctors appointments and planned activities
Exceptional Senior Living
- 2150 West Kettleman Lane, Lodi, CA 95242
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard, lovely gardens and walking trails
- As a beautiful, small community rich in local history, Lodi is surrounded by scenic country vineyards on all sides
- Austin Gardens is a pleasant Alzheimer's care community comprised of 4 private units, and 36 friendship suites
- Our team is comprised of individuals who are totally committed to providing compassionate, kind, understanding and respectful care to the seniors entrusted to our care
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.