4 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Temple Terrace Area
16 Memory Care Communities in the Temple Terrace Area
Tampa’s finest Assisted Living and Memory Care community.
- 12110 Morris Bridge Road, Temple Terrace, FL 33637
- Professional nurses available 24-hours a day
- Robust calendar of activities and events, including movie nights, arts & crafts, music and group exercise classes
- Inviting dining room offers chef-prepared menu options
- Continuous monitoring of health-related needs, providing quality and specialized care
- Full-service beauty salon/barber shop with mani/pedi station
Do It Big. Do It Better. Do It All!
- 12401 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL 33612
- Flexible dining and award-winning, chef-prepared meals in casual buffet, formal dining and café venues
- Home maintenance, housekeeping and linen services
- Shuffleboard, horseshoes, putting green, billiards room, game room, table tennis and expansive resident-managed library
- Fitness Center and Health & Wellness Center, indoor heated lap-length pool and spa
- Woodworking shop, stocked lake with fishing pier, walking trails, landscaped grounds and courtyards
Welcome to Central Tampa Assisted Living
- 5010 N 40th St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living, Medication Supervision and Home Services
- Structured Programs Seven Days a Week
- On-Site Medical Care and Services
- Trained Staff in Specialized Care with Team Planning for Each Resident
- Secure Facilty for Alzheimer's and Dementia care
A Place You Can Call Home
- 2425 E Hanna Ave, Tampa, FL 33610
- Three meals daily, served restaurant-style in our dining room
- We inquire about how each resident enjoys spending their time and then incorporate that into our busy recreational calendar
- Our highly trained and caring staff are there to care for your ones with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- Each room is equpped with state of the art nurse call bell and individually controlled climate systems
- Transportation for planned facility activities
Quality of Life Is a Priority at Angels Senior Living
- 14712 N 42nd St, Tampa, FL 33613
- Elegant full service dining room
- Modern hair and nail salon
- Active lifestyle designed to enrich and support active seniors
- Personalized health & wellness program
- Happy hour featuring live entertainment and hors d’oeuvres
Welcome to Memory Lane Cottage
- 5175 Cypress Preserve Dr, Tampa, FL 33647
- Unique smaller scale cottage design with large safe courtyard where residents can wander and garden under the watchful electronic and individualized surveillance of staff
- 20 private suites with full bathrooms
- Nutritional meals prepared in a commercial kitchen designed for a home like environment
- Structured activities and games in the activity area
- Walking paths throughout a large, enclosed courtyard protected by a seven-foot-tall masonry wall
Welcome to Atrium Gardens, Where Memory Care Matters!
- 1513 W Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL 33612
- Planned social events and entertainment with a full-time Life Enrichment Director on staff
- Chef-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner, served restaurant-style
- Bright, spacious gathering areas for entertainment & recreation and beautiful landscaped grounds with secure walking paths
- Staffed Nursing Services - providing in-house fall management, injections and wound care
- 24-hour Resident Care Staff - providing assistance with activities of daily living, medication management, and health maintenance
A dynamic, fun and welcoming place to be!
- 2626 W Bearss Ave, Tampa, FL 33618
- Private and shared assisted living and memory care apartments
- Charming, home-like community settings
- Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
- Easy access for those with limited mobility
- Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams
Legacy Senior Living
- 18600 Highwoods Preserve Parkway, Tampa, FL 33647
- All private studio, one-bedroom apartments with private bathrooms.
- Trained professional care staff available to provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 24/7 supervising nurse on staff to monitor individual health needs, including diabetic care
- 3-Daily chef-prepared meals and snack service
- Ongoing specialized dementia training for all associates
Raise Your Expectations with Exceptional Care
- 9215 Causeway Blvd., Tampa, FL 33619
Starting at $3200 per month
- Supportive Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care community
- Elevated Dining featuring three venues and full service piano lounge
- The Meridian at Brandon's concrete construction and land elevation is built to withstand hurricane strength winds of up to 140 mph !!!
- Studio, One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom Apartments / Private and Companion Suites in Memory Care
- Conveniently located near I-75, Lee Roy Selmon Expressway, and I-4
We're dedicated to ensuring seniors live their best life.
- 320 S. Lakewood Dr., Brandon, FL 33511
- Restaurant-style dining
- Activities program and full social calendar
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Salon and spa, library and theater
- Transportation services
- 16702 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33618
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily, featuring a variety of menu choices
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Daily activities and engaging opportunities for fitness, learning and connection
- Walking trails, close to parks and pet-friendly
- Caring 24-hour staff
Charming Tampa Senior Living
- 2301 W Palm Dr, Tampa, FL 33629
- Restaurant-style dining
- Spacious community rooms
- Rehabilitation gym
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Outdoor patio and enclosed courtyard
Trusting Care for Your Loved Ones
- 1819 Providence Ridge Blvd., Brandon, FL 33511
- Superior Residences of Brandon offers the finest senior living experience for those needing memory care services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- Our community presents a just-like-home atmosphere, emphasizing the most important component of living arrangements - safety.
- Our Memory Care program addresses the needs of the whole person, taking into account emotional, spiritual, mental, social needs and the physical symptoms of the disease
- Our Memory Care community is specialized and secure for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- We combine the comforts of home and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that a compassionate, around-the-clock staff is fully committed to serving resident needs.
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.