17 Memory Care Communities in the Tavares Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- 955 S Hwy 27/441, Lady Lake, FL 32159
- Visit Our Website
Housekeeping Memory and Dementia Care Near Medical Facilities On-Call Physician Sidewalks
- Village Veranda of Lady Lake offers the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services
- At Village Veranda of Lake Lake the choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in courtyard the lounge, take a stroll in the along secure walking paths, or socialize with friends during Social Hour.
- We feature wellness programs, managed care and emergency response systems, and are fully capable of providing the most complete and appropriate care available in senior living today
- With 24-hour state-of-the-art emergency response systems, residents and family members have peace of mind that care is always available
- For those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia,our residents can be assured that they will receive the care that they need beyond what traditional assisted living communities can provide. Healthcare monitoring and management, personalized care and assistance, and much more are delivered in a safe and secure environment.
- 2450 Dora Ave, Tavares, FL 32778
- Peaceful Lake Atmosphere
- Large, Spacious Rooms
- Daily Activities
- Housekeeping and Laundry Service
- 24 Hours a Day Nursing
Our Goal is to Care, Heal and Provide Incomparable Service
- 3050 Brown Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- 24-Hour Nursing Care with Extensive Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehab & Respite Care
- Pain Management, IV Therapies & Tracheotomy Care
- Daily Activities & Transportation
- Accommodations Tailored to Meet the Needs of the Individual
Where Every Moment Matters
- 4901 Lake Park Court, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- All-Inclusive Personal Care
- As-Needed Assistance with Dressing, Personal Care, etc., with a Focus on Independence
- Daily Calendar Filled with Activities, including Fitness Classes
- Mediterranean & DASH-Style Meals
- Caregivers with Advanced Training Specializing in Alzheimer’s & Other Types of Dementia
Living Your Best Life
- 445 Waterman Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- Independent, Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing
- Housekeeping, utilities, cable for TV included
- Use of all Waterman Village recreational facilities
- Social and recreational programs
- Retiring here means you’ll never have to move again
Your Life, Your Way, Every Day!
- 600 Lake Port Blvd, Leesburg, FL 34748
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining, including snacks
- Inviting common areas and gathering spaces
- Indoor aquatic center with heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Lifelong learning, discussions, classes and outings
- Lakefront gazebo, dock and pontoon boat
Welcome to Vista Lake!
- 700/710 South Lake Street, Leesburg, FL 34748
- Choice of Floor Plans for Private and Companion Suites
- Phone & Cable Hook Up
- Assistance With Personal Needs
- Life Enrichment Programs
- Emergency Response System
Welcome Home to Lakeview Terrace
- 331 Raintree Drive, Altoona, FL 32702
- Spacious Garden Homes & Apartments
- Full Activity Program and Wonderful Library
- Pets Welcome
- Warm & Friendly Neighbors
- Peaceful Countryside Setting
Trusting Care for Your Loved Ones
- 1600 Hunt Trace Blvd., Clermont, FL 34711
- We offer the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services.
- We are a unique assisted living residence that encourages an active lifestyle and daily fun for seniors.
- We combine the comforts of home and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that a compassionate, around-the-clock staff is fully committed to serving every resident's needs.
- Our Memory Care program addresses the needs of the whole person, taking into account emotional, spiritual, mental, social needs and the physical symptoms of the disease
- Our Memory Care community is specialized and secure for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
Seniors Living to the Fullest in Clermont, FL
- 650 East Minnehaha Ave, Clermont, FL 34711
- Large Spacious Apartments With Screened Porches
- Kitchen and Private Bath
- Transportation To Outside Activities & Medical Appointments
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
- On Site Therapy Services
An Assisted Living Facility with a Family Feel
- 30 W Garden Ave, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming and dressing
- 3 homecooked meals daily, and snacks
- Daily and weekly house keeping
- Medication management or assistance
- Monitoring overall health
Exceptional Senior Living
- 203 South Wekiwa Springs Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- Emergency Alert System
- Keypad Entry
- Ice Cream Parlor and Snack Shop
- Gardening/Greenhouse and Walking Paths
Award-Winning Memory Care in Winter Garden
- 720 Roper Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Choice of private or companion floor plans
- Small neighborhood design to encourage interaction
- Open floor plans to assist with wayfinding and visual cueing to assist with orientation
- Controlled building access and double barrier exits
- Licensed nursing supervision on-site 24 hours/day
We Take Care of Moms and Dads
- 1061 Tomyn Blvd., Ocoee, FL 34761
- Maintenance-free lifestyle with superior amenities and services
- Personalized care with licensed nursing available 24/7
- Programming, cultural events and enriching activities
- Nutritious, chef-prepared meals with flexible dining hours
- Off-site outings and scheduled local transportation
Not just assisted living, better living
- 1700 El Camino Real, Lady Lake, FL 32159
- Personal Care Services depending upon assessed level of care and 3 meals daily plus snacks
- All utilities except telephone, cable TV fees and hook-up is included
- Exterior and interior maintenance, excluding your personal furnishings
- Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens
- 24-hour emergency response system
Your Life, Your Way, Every Day
- 1550 El Camino Real, The Villages, FL 32159
- Golf cart community connected to The Villages® Town Squares
- Multiple dining venues, including a formal dining room and the Pointe Pub
- Fully equipped fitness center with heated indoor pool and hot tub
- Lifelong learning, discussions, classes and outings
- Full-service salon, barbershop and spa
Other Memory Care Communities in the Tavares Area
Sumter Senior Living
Living Life Is Better At Sumter Senior Living In The Villages!
- 1490 Killingsworth Way, The Villages, FL 32162
- Luxury resort-style amenities, including an abundance of wellness activities & special events
- Individual and customized care plans, delivered with compassion
- Complimentary shuttle service, group outings & transportation to nearby shopping malls & local attractions
- Safe & secure memory care neighborhood with enrichment programs designed to help our residents thrive
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.