3 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Tarpon Springs Area
16 Memory Care Communities in the Tarpon Springs Area
Upscale Assisted Living and Memory Care in Trinity, FL
- 2300 Welbilt Blvd, Trinity, FL 34655
- Visit Our Website
Memory and Dementia Care Near Medical Facilities Restaurant Style Dining Sidewalks Transportation
- Sunflower Springs offers the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services.
- Sunflower Springs the choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in the lounge, take a stroll in the courtyard along secure walking paths, or socialize with friends during Social Hour.
- We feature wellness programs, managed care and emergency response systems, and are fully capable of providing the most complete and appropriate care available in senior living today
- With 24-hour state-of-the-art emergency response systems, residents and family members have peace of mind that care is always available
- For those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia,our residents can be assured that they will receive the care that they need beyond what traditional assisted living communities can provide. Healthcare monitoring and management, personalized care and assistance, and much more are delivered in a safe and secure environment.
Looks Like Home Feels Like Family
- 6120 Congress St., New Port Richey, FL 34653
- Visit Our Website
Arts and Crafts Studios Housekeeping Memory and Dementia Care Restaurant Style Dining Sidewalks Various Levels of Care
- Daily opportunities to stay fit, such as Zumba and yoga classes, walking group and Wii bowling.
- Restaurant-style dining with fun events such as Tasty Traditions and the Passport Dining Experience.
- Hobby groups and making arts and crafts, a big hit around the holidays!
- Parties and celebrations for every occasion, including birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, even Elvis’ birthday!
- Activities for the mind and spirit, including guest lecturers, classes, and Bible study.
All-Inclusive Memory Care Offering Peace of Mind
- 833 East Lake Rd N, Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
- Nationally Certified Dementia Practitioner on-site
- Dynamic calendar of activities, outings and wellness programs, regularly scheduled family events
- On-site wellness services including lab, therapy, pharmacy and specialty physician visits
- Chef-prepared meals daily served on specialized dining ware to promote healthy appetite
- Visual cueing throughout community to assist with orientation
"Your Home Away from Home"
- 501 S Walton Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
- Spacious private and companion rooms
- Restaurant-style dining, 24-hour snack and beverage service
- Individualized plans of care for safety, health and lifestyle enrichment
- Weekly laundry and housekeeping
- Large social rooms with large screen TV, quiet reading rooms, beauty salon
Yes, You Can Live the Good Life - and Retire Without Worry!
- 2655 Nebraska Ave., Palm Harbor, FL 34684
- As a Non-Profit, Continuing Care, Life Care Community, the Village provides gracious living for adults 62 and older and the full continuum of care, if the need arises.
- We offer all levels of care licensed in Florida on one campus: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center.
- Elegant restaurant-style dining, weekly housekeeping and scheduled transportation 7 days a week
- Swimming Pool/ Wellness Center/ Library/ Card Shop/ Chapel/ Beauty Shop/ Greenhouse/ Garden
- 24-hour security
A member of the St. Mark Village family
- 2655 Nebraska Ave, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
- Private and semi-private suites with 3 meals a day in our lovely dining room
- Cozy garden room, parlor, screened porch, courtyard and beauty shop
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services
- Licensed nursing professionals 24/7 and medication administration
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, mobility, continence care and more
The affordable alternative for long-term care!
- 7220 Baillie Dr, New Port Richey, FL 34653
- Emergency Call System in Every Studio and Suite
- Full Dining Room Service with Selective Menu
- On-Premise Hair Salon
- A Variety of Social Activities and Community Outings
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies On Site
- 2275 Nebraska Ave, Palm Harbor, FL 34683
- Bright, airy and spacious common areas including two entertainment centers with generous seating
- Three delicious meals served daily plus snacks prepared under licensed dietitian guidelines
- Daily activities and monthly events
- Staffed with licensed Certified Nurse Assistants and trained caregivers to provide our residents with the assistance they need. Our caring team is always laughing, singing and loves to have fun!
- Located outside of flood / hurricane evacuation zone
UNSURPASSED HOSPITALITY & CARE
- 2960 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
- Just 10 Minutes from the Florida Coast and Less Than 30 Miles from Both Tampa and St. Petersburg
- Nutritious and Seasonal Chef-Prepared Cuisine
- Elegant Community Spaces
- Life Enrichment Program with Over 21 Experiences to Choose from Every Day
- Full Spectrum of Memory Care Experiences
Live Carefree in Our Senior Living Community
- 11330 Countryway Blvd, Tampa, FL 33626
- Stylish, open concept design with six different floor plan options
- Restaurant-quality Sensations Dining featuring all-day dining
- Legends Bar and cocktail lounge
- High-tech, senior-specific fitness center
Inspiring Purposeful Living
- 5539 Charles Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652
- Dozens of monthly events, workshops and activities to enjoy with friends
- Delicious meals shared with friends in the dining room three times daily
- Purposeful design and personalized care that promotes independence and dignity
- Scheduled transportation, 24-hour staffing and weekly housekeeping
- PCP, Optometry, Podiatry & Dermatology all on-site
An Inspirit Senior Living Community
- 3260 North McMullen Booth Rd., Clearwater, FL 33761
- Personalized healthcare management, assistance with all daily activities and medication management
- Home-cooked meals and snacks
- Housekeeping and laundry, transportation
- Professional 24- hour supervising staff; nightly, hourly room checks
- Social events, recreational activities, special outings and shopping trips, daily exercise programs
Caring is our Business
- 6630 Kentucky Ave, New Port Richey, FL 34653
- Long Term Care, Physical Therapy and Wound Care
- Secure Special Needs Unit (Tuscan Garden)
- Special Cardiac Precautions Training
- Respite Care
- Daily Social Activities including Wii Therapy
Discover the Retirement You've Always Wanted
- 13810 Sheldon Road, Tampa, FL 33626
- Delicious and nutritious meals expertly prepared by our team of dedicated chefs
- Our concierge services offer quick and easy access to nearly anything you could need or want
- On-site fitness center and on-site therapy and rehabilitation partnerships
- Weekly housekeeping and personal linen and laundry services
- Scheduled transportation services and engaging events, trips and activities
Exceeding Expectations Every Day
- 5905 Pine Hill Rd, Port Richey, FL 34668
- Restaurant-style dining
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Resident-run and community-sponsored activities
- A close-knit community feel
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.