9 Memory Care Communities in the Sun City Area
Bringing Independence to Living and Quality to Life!
- 609 East Elder Street, Fallbrook, CA 92028
- A choice of attractive apartments with spacious bathrooms
- A variety of comfortable community areas including a main living room for socializing, private dining room for personal entertaining, a library and activity rooms
- Screened porches
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Full-service beauty salon/barber shop
Resort-Style Senior Living in Menifee California!
- 28333 Valley Blvd., Sun City, CA 92586
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Meals w/ accommodations for Nutritional Needs & Dietary Restrictions
- Daily Exercise Classes, Including Water Aerobics
- Jacuzzi & Swimming Pool
- Pet-Friendly Environment
- Scheduled Transportation for Appointments & Outings
Providing Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care!
- 1001 N Lyon Avenue, Hemet, CA 92545
- One and two bedroom apartments
- Private two bedroom villas with attached single car garage
- Heated pool and jacuzzi
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Compassionate Care in the Heart of Southern California!
- 24200 Monroe Ave., Murrieta, CA 92562
- 64 private studio and one-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and private bathrooms
- Enjoy chef-prepared meals—we serve a balanced diet that’s wholesome, nutritious, and delicious
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- robust event calendar to keep our community members active—mentally and physically—and ensure everyone’s feeling social and happy
- Services include, concierge, housekeeping, transportation and amenities like an on-site beauty salon and regular physician visits
Offering Residents a Life Full of Comfort and Freedom!
- 5265 Chapala Drive, Riverside, CA 92507
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Social and educational programs for families
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
Everything You Love and Need!
- 1319 Brookside Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373
- Three nutritious meals daily, plus snacks
- Special diet accommodations
- Choice of private or companion room
- Spacious activity center, including art studio
- Stimulating, success-oriented social and recreational activities
Find Your Purpose and Plan at Vista Blue Mountain!
- 22325 Barton Road, Grand Terrace, CA 92313
- Beautiful large landscaped courtyard with citrus trees and multiple seating options
- Patios or balconies in many of the apartments
- Use of our shuttle (for shopping, doctors, or outings)
- Dining program includes three delicious meals per day, as well as snacks throughout the day
Exceptional Senior Living
- 2005 Kellogg Avenue, Corona, CA 92879
- We gather a detailed life story from you, helping us get to know your loved one when they can no longer share their own stories themselves.
- We offer recreational and social programs based on your loved one's personal preferences and abilities.
- We offer you, the family, educational programs to help you better understand what your loved one is going through and how you can best support his or her needs.
- We individualize our Alzheimer's and Dementia Service and Care Plan to help with reminders, redirection, medication, bathing and other specific needs.
Surrounded by Natural Beauty and Filled with the Comforts of a Modern Resort!
- 21952 Buena Suerte, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
- Summit Club is for those who are able to make their needs known and that need minimal to moderate support with self-care (activities of daily living)
- Three meals per day which includes a healthy, nutritional program
- Scheduled transportation with chauffeured van and town car to medical appointments and errands
- Connections is personalized for those who benefit from more attention and greater emotional support.
- State-of-the-art fitness center
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.