4 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Simpsonville Area
17 Memory Care Communities in the Simpsonville Area
Welcome to Harmony at Five Forks Senior Living in Simpsonville SC!
- 345 Five Forks Road, Simpsonville, SC 29681
- No large, upfront entrance fees
- Spacious one & two-bedroom apartments, some with balconies
- Full kitchen
- Washer and Dryer in all apartments
- Elegant Dining Room
A community that feels like home.
- 1 Hoke Smith Blvd, Greenville, SC 29615
- All Levels of Care
- Studios - 3 Bedrooms
- A Christian & Mission-Oriented Environment
- Non-Profit Accredited Facility
- Situated On 175 Acres of Land
Ready to Get the Most Out of Life?
- 1101 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC 29615
- Staff available round the clock and concierge services available, including transportation
- Assistance with toileting, bathing, and dressing
- Scheduled reminders and medication management
- Nutritious chef-prepared meals
- Onsite activities, classes, entertainment and more
Discover the Retirement You've Always Wanted
- 275 Commonwealth Drive, Greenville, SC 29615
- Senior-Friendly Design
- Kind and Passionate Staff
- Personal Linen and Laundry Services, Regular Housekeeping Services
- Scheduled Transportation Services
- Engaging Activities and Events
Make The Gables on Pelham Home Today!
- 1306 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens
- Tastefully appointed apartment-style living
- 3 meals daily, served restaurant-style
- Concierge service
- Scheduled group trips
Discover Your Best Self
- 20 Hawthorne Park Court, Greenville, SC 29615
- 24-hour care team, 24-hour security
- 3-meals served daily
- Daily activities and social events
- Respite care
- Reflections Memory Care
Living Your Best
- 12 Boyce Avenue, Greenville, SC 29601
- We offer personalized Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care, as well as Day Care services
- 24-Hour Staffing
- Elegant Dining and Chauffeured Transportation
- Weekly Housekeeping and Laundry
- Planned Social Activities and Beauty Salon On-site
A Community You Will be Happy to Call Home
- 1560 Thornblade Boulevard, Greer, SC 29650
- Private & Semi Private Apartments
- Life Enriching Activities
- State of the Art Medication Management Program
- Resident Care Services including Supported, Assisted, Alzheimer's, Demenia and Respite Care
Senior Care with Small Town Charm
- 205 Bud Nally Drive, Easley, SC 29642
- Full-service dining room; private dining areas available
- Multi-purpose areas
- Gifts and sundries shopping area
- Chapel, library and media center, salon, fitness room, pool & hot tub
- Walking paths, gardens and courtyards
Experience the best in senior living
- 701 Simpson Road, Anderson, SC 29621
- Secure home-like setting
- 3 nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Medication and continence management
- Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
Senior living in Anderson, South Carolina
- 107 Perpetual Square Drive, Anderson, SC 29621
- 24-hour staffing
- Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily
- Large, elegant dining room
- 16 private cottages at Summit Court Independent Living
- Small pets welcome
We Care For You Like Family
- 850 John B. White Sr. Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- 24/7 Staff, Concierge Service
- Maintenance Free - Exterior, Electrical, Plumbing, Appliance Repair
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- On-site Activities - Classes, Entertainment, Games and Social Events
- Scheduled Transportation, Weekly Housekeeping
WELCOME TO THE RENAISSANCE, a Retirement Community.
- 5 Frank Pressly Drive, Due West, SC 29639
- Concierge services available, including transportation
- Nutritious chef prepared meals
- Onsite activities, classes, entertainment, games and social events
- Assistance with daily activities
- Specialized services catered to caring for dementia and Alzheimer's
Welcome to RoseCrest
- 200 Fortress Drive, Inman, SC 29349
- Wellness Center with equipment and custom programs
- Library and business center, beauty shop/barber
- Chef-prepared meals (one meal per day), weekly housekeeping and trash pick-up
- Social, recreational, educational, spiritual, and cultural opportunities
- Health Care Center and Rehabilitation Center
- 500 Downs Loop, Clemson, SC 29631
- Genesis Rehab Services provides on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- All residents receive a vital call pendant, and there are certified nursing assistants on-site 24 hours a day.
- Basic cable and wifi are included, as well as communal laundry rooms with complimentary washer and dryers.
- Interior storage space, covered hallways with assist rails, breezeways, spacious lobbies and wide doorways for ease of mobility benefit residents.
- Independent Living Residents have a dedicated full-time activities director and are provided shuttle service to local stores.
We offer senior living options to fit your needs.
- 1705 Skylyn Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29307
- Beautiful 18-acre campus, with wooded areas, professional landscaping, and lovely walking trails
- Spacious Independent Living apartments with one- two- and three-bedroom units.
- Assisted living apartments for those who need a little extra help with everyday activities.
- Dedicated Memory Care apartments to serve residents with Alzheimer's, dementia and other memory impairments.
- A skilled nursing facility to provide the highest level of care to residents who need it most.
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.