2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Rockledge Area
Exceptional Living. Exceptional Value.
- On-site medical director and 24-hour nursing
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Fitness & Wellness Center
- Luxurious apartment homes
Enjoy Life with Dignity
- Eligible residents that qualify for the Long Term Care Medicaid program receive funding for our services
- Bethesda on Turkey Creek assisted living and memory care is about more than providing assistance and nursing care in a home-like environment; it's about providing programs that promote overall wellness.
- Bethesda on Turkey Creek Assisted Living and Memory care program can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one with Alzheimer's or other forms of memory loss while embracing their strengths and promoting independence.
- Skype Video Conference, Personalized Care Plans, Rooms with view of the Turkey Creek Sanctuary Available
- We lean heavily on our Activites Department who offers Entertianment,Classes and workshops,Field trips and most importanly dancing.
7 Memory Care Communities in the Rockledge Area
Waterfront Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Now Offering Memory Care
- Nursing And Care Staff available 24/7
- Family Owned and Operated and Live On Site
- Resort Style Assisted Living
- Apartment Living & Pet Friendly
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- Spacious lounges, exercise room and activity room
- Courtyards with gardens
- Beautiful swimming pool with outdoor patio
- Emergency electric and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and cabinets
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
- Ongoing Monitoring of Health and Wellness Needs
- Sun-Filled Private and Friendship Suites
- Exercise Programs
- Music Lessons
- Delivering Person-Centered Care to Residents
Say Hello to home - Crafting a new standard in Senior Living
- Independent, Assisted, & Memory Care Living
- High Standards of safety and hopsitality
- Heartful Care
- Zestful activities
- Artful Dining
Assisted Living Facility With Memory Care Services In Rockledge, FL
- 3821 Sunnyside Court, Rockledge, FL 32955
- All of our 9 cottages are single-story buildings with cutting-edge security and safety, to include emergency call system.
- Each cottage has private entrances, patios, and screened-in front porches.
- Each of our residents may receive assistance with the administration of their medications, and with the help of our partner pharmacy, we will also order and manage the delivery of their medications.
- We offer assistance with hygiene, grooming, bathing, and toileting, as well as weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Palm Cottages has a beauty salon, a movie theatre, and optional medical services. Additionally, we offer daily recreational activities, lunch outings, and trips.
Melbourne Senior Living - The Brennity at Melbourne
- 7300 Watersong Lane, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals
- Community outings, social events and educational classes
- Spa, salon and barber shop provided by a third party vendor
- Heated indoor saltwater swimming pool AND Outdoor pool
- Full-time nursing and care associates (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1765 W. Hibiscus Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Private Dining Room
Other Memory Care Communities in the Rockledge Area
World Class Senior Living in Eastern Central Florida
- 205 Hardoon Lane, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Licensed nurse & caregivers on staff 24-hours-a-day
- Three-chef prepared meals per day in our formal Suntree Harvest Dining room where we focus on fresh farm-to-table nutritious dining
- A robust calendar of activities and entertainment
- Quick Silver Lounge for Happy Hour and conversation
- Acoustically sound at Majestic Movie Theater with daily movies and popcorn
Discover A Place Where Hospitality Is A Way Of Life.
- 540 East Hibiscus Boulevard, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Graciously appointed community, specifically designed to meet the needs of seniors.
- Choice of several spacious floor plans.
- Separate activity rooms, library, meeting room and television lounges.
- Comprehensive dining program including three daily meals with snacks and beverages available at all times.
- State-of-the-art emergency response system.
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.