6 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Punta Gorda Area
Be Carefree in our Senior Living Community
- Come and experience for yourself our stylish and convenient amenities. Both within our North Port senior living community and around it, you can expect a comfortable and convenient senior lifestyle experience that is distinctly yours!
- Proximity to Local Attractions: Scheduled trips to local attractions, residents can enjoy the beauty of the Florida Coast
- Comfortable Suites & Apartment Homes:
- Nutritious Signature Dining: Delicious dining is just one way we make everyday special
- Dedicated, compassionate team members provide attentive service 24/7 for those in our Assisted Living and Memory care neighborhoods.
Welcome Home to Bayside Senior Living
- 3501 Hancock Bridge Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33903
- Delicious meals with accommodations for nutritional needs and dietary restrictions
- Forward-thinking memory care featuring a secure, structured environment and staff specially trained in Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Bayside Senior Living offers a personalized experience that addresses physical, emotional and financial concerns through active listening and thoughtful preparation.
- Bayside Senior Living believes in purposeful living. Wise and Well (Plus) is our way of creating engaging programs for residents, family members, and associates. All community members will have the opportunity to identify programs they want to lead or participate in and take action in order to bring those to life.
- Pet-friendly environment
EXCEPTIONAL LIVING. EXCEPTIONAL VALUE.
- On-site Medical Director
- Professional Team Available 24 Hours a Day
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Health & Fitness Center
Affordable, Person-Centered Senior Living
- Beautifully appointed studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences
- Full-size refrigerator in each residence
- On-site licensed nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- All-day dining options, including seasonal menus and healthy choices
- Full calendar of engaging programs, events and activities
Enjoy A fulfilling lifestyle!
- Comfortable Studio, One and Two-Bedroom Floor Plans
- Swimming Pool and Lounge Area
- Elegant, Restaurant-Style Dining, Library, Media Room and Theater
- Spa, Including Salon, Nail and Massage Services
- State-of-the-Art Fitness and Wellness Center
Live Where Luxury Finds You Daily
- Multiple beautiful floor plans to choose from
- Tuscan Gardens of Venetia Bay is our first senior living community. Nestled on over six lush acres in the heart of Venice, Florida, it is close to the Gulf of Mexico and beaches, minutes from the historic downtown district with shopping, restaurants and services.
- Tuscan Gardens is much more than a beautiful, secure place to live. It is a warm, vibrant home filled with life! Our residents wake every day to so many opportunities to laugh, learn and love.
- Tuscan Gardens is rich with beauty, activity, laughter, and love; all combine to form our Signature Experience not found in other senior living communities.
- We put great emphasis on food – the aromas, textures, and flavors – and create Signature Senior Dining experiences worthy of our residents.
21 Memory Care Communities in the Punta Gorda Area
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- Restaurant-style dining room to enjoy three delicious, chef-prepared meals each day
- Plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beautiful weather, including our courtyard, gazebo, pool, and barbecue areas
- Daily options for staying in shape, such as yoga, Zumba, gardening club, walking club, Wii bowling or a workout in the gym
- Excursions to local errands like shopping and banking, as well as fun trips to local restaurants, destinations, and attractions
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop, and regular visits from third-party health care providers
Starting at $3,695
- Life Enrichment Program
- Progressive Wellness Programs
- Access to On-Site Medical Services
- Ambassador Program for All New Residents
- Attending Physicians and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services on the Premises
WELCOME TO THE PALMS OF PUNTA GORDA
- 2295 Shreve St, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- 24 Hour Care, Trained Staff
- Ammenities, Barber, Beauty, Social Events
- Respite Stays
- Transportation Available for Outings, Physician and Shopping
- Personalized Service To Meet Individual Needs
Love Where You Live
- 2595 Harbor Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- All-Inclusive Rates
- State-of-the-Art Security System
- Scenic Outdoor Spaces with Ducks & Water Views
- Open-Concept Neighborhood Floor Plan
- Spacious Single & Companion Suite Residences
The Experts in Assisted Living and Memory Care
- 831 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Caring associates are available 24 hours a day to assist with the activities of daily living
- Restaurant-style dining created with your nutrition needs in mind
- Education programs and Entertaining outings
- Scheduled transportation to appointments
- Common living room, game room and library
Exceptional Memory Care in Cape Coral Florida!
- 911 Santa Barbara Boulevard, Cape Coral, FL 33991-2074
- Our community offers a home like environment, which is ideal for individuals with memory loss.
- Pet Friendly,Our personalized assessment evaluates your individual needs and preferences.
- Our short term stay program is available for family vacations or just a much needed rest for family caregivers.
- Our emergency response system, complete with emergency pull cords, is monitored 24-hours-a-day, by our trained staff.
- Our community is easily navigated by individuals using wheelchairs and other assistive devices.Multi-Lingual
The Lifestyle You Want, The Choices You Need
- 1333 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Independent living / assisted living / skilled nursing
- Screened balconies / Full - equipped Kitchens
- Shuffle boards / billards room / Library / guest suites
- Private dining room
- Pool / Whirlpool / Courtyard/ Various lounges / fitness center
Now Open, Call Geraldine to schedule your personal tour
- 2117 Earl Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Affordable rental rates including utilities cable, phone and internet
- 24 Hour Staff and emergency call pendent system
- Interior and exterior security systems
- Grande Dining Hall and Private Dining for special occasions
- Wellness, Lifestyle and lots of Activities
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Venice Florida!
- 1600 Center Rd., Venice, FL 34285
- Elegant Home-style architecture
- Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
- Elegant Dining Room
- Cafe for casual dining and snacks
- Common Living room, game room and library
The Palms of Fort Myers - Finest Luxury Resort Style Retirement Living
- 2674 Winkler Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Choice of spacious apartments
- Restraurant style dining
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual
Southwest Florida Skilled Nurisng and Rehab Services
- 2310 North Airport Road, Fort Myers, FL 33907
- In-house skilled nursing and rehab services
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Beautiful courtyard / Beauty and barber services
- Competitive room rates
- Handicap equipped transportation for outside activities
Comprehensive care dedicated to outcomes
- 1600 Mathew Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33907
- 24-Hour skilled nursing care
- Restorative nursing care program
- Comprehensive rehabilitation
- Rehabilatative therapies
- Socialization / Recreation
Exceptional Senior Living in Fort Myers
- 7460 Lake Breeze Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33907
- Studio one and two bedroom apartments
- Licensed nursing personnel
- Scheduled shopping / Transportation to doctors appt.
- Full activity and social programs
- Library / Country store / Beauty and Barber shop
Surrounded by the comforts of home and more
- 950 Pinebrook Rd, Venice, FL 34285
Alzheimer's & Dementia Care in Venice, Florida
- 1200 Avenida del Circo, Venice, FL 34285
- * Choice of floor plan for private or companion suites. Decorate with your own personal furnishings
- Choice of floor plan for studio or one bedroom apartments
- Private bath, including step-in shower, safety bars and non-slip surfaces
- Window coverings
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Dedicated To Compassionate, Knowledgeable Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- 15950 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Private bath/ housekeeping and linen service
- Beauty salon / Barbershop
- Kitchenettes / 3 meals per day
- Pets allowed
- Transportation provided
The independence you want, the care you deserve.
- 200 Nassau Street North, Venice, FL 34285
- Spacious closets / Full furnished apartments / Private baths
- Daily housekeeping / 3 meals per day
- Respite care / Personal care / Short term stays
- Elegant courtyards / Beauty and barber shops
- Activities and social programs
Where Life Is Full Of Choices
- 13565 American Colony Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 334912
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times, Multi-Lingual, Pet Friendly
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Holistic approach; specific staff are responsible for assisting with all aspects of an individual's needs
- Personal living spaces that include residents' own furniture and mementos to encourage past connections and limit confusion
Let us tailor our care options to fit your unique needs.
- 9461 Health Park Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Cottage Style Community with 24 hours a day/7 days a week on-site trained and licensed personnel
- All Inclusive, no levels of care offering Veterans Discount
- Memory Support Services provided by dedicated trained staff
- Fun daily recretional and social activities, music, outings and pet therapy program
- Music and Memory Program & ECC License
Fort Myers’ Premier Non-Profit Life Plan Community!
- 10200 Cypress Cove Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Spacious One Bedroom Apartment
- Large Walk-in Closets / Handicap Bath
- Enclosed Courtyard / Pool / Spa
- Wellness Programs / Day Trips
- Bank / Library / Hair Salon
Discover the Retirement You've Always Wanted
- 9731 Commerce Center Court, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Brand new assisted living community
- 3 meals per day / transportation
- Small pets welcomed / furnished accomodations for private and semi-private occupancy
- In house rehabilitation services & nursing care
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.