3 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Poquoson Area
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- Private and Semi-private rooms with private bath - Daily Activities
- Trips and Social Programs - Individualized Care Plans
- 24-hour Available Staff - Weekly Housekeeping/Linens
- Medication Management - Specialized Memory Care Wing
- Short Term Respite stays - Pets Welcome - No Entrance Fees - Award Winning Memory Care
We listen. We love. We care. We serve.
- Private and Suite rooms with private bath - Daily Activities
- Individualized Care Plans - 24-hour Available Staff
- Weekly Housekeeping/Linens - Trips and Social Programs
- Medication Management - Short Term Respite stays
- Pets Welcome - No Entrance Fees * Award Winning Memory Care
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Farm to Table Dining and nutritional meals and snacks are served in one of our elegant dining rooms
- Thanks to two enthusiastic Activities Directors on staff and many caring volunteers, Churchland House is bustling with activity for residents of all abilities
- Residents can enjoy time in the property's new Solarium, which exits onto to a furnished courtyard - perfect for energizing fresh air and peaceful reflection
- For those looking for the front-porch comforts of home, Churchland House offers a sunroom full of warmth and views of the outdoors
- Award Winning Memory Care
11 Memory Care Communities in the Poquoson Area
An Upscale Senior Living Community Coming Soon to Yorktown, VA
- Artful Dining®: The Yorktown, VA area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary.
- Zestful Activities®: We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area.
- Heartful Care®: From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- HEARTS® Welcome Program: One of our signature programs, is your grand entrance into the community stress free.
- Nothing is more important to us than making sure your decision to move into our community meets your expectations and satisfaction.
Welcome to The Hidenwood, Nestled in the Woods of Newport News
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- A Variety of Social, Educational, and Cultural Opportunities are Available Every Day
- Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant-Style
- Walking Trail with LifeTrail Equipment. Individual Raised Gardening Areas
- Spacious, Apartment Style Living
Because People Make the Place
- Independent and Assisted Living, Secure Memory Care and Respite Stays.
- 24-hour Team Including LPN Supervision, Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Individualized Service Plans for Each Assisted Living Resident
- Social Activities and a Full Time Life Enrichment Director
- Transportation to Doctor's Appointments and Other Activities
Senior Living in Newport News Virginia
- 955 Harpersville Road, Newport News, VA 23601
- Full service Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Offers true Life Care and Fee for Services financial arrangements
- Nursing care center has received zero deficiencies in 11 of the last 12 annual surveys
- Located on 35 spacious acres convenient to City Center of Newport News and I-64
- Promotes a healthy and active lifestyle through classes, fitness center, swimming pool, and one-on-one personal consultation
Experience the Harmony Difference
- 3540 Victory Boulevard, Yorktown, VA 23693
- No costly buy-in/No long-term leases
- Affordable monthly rent
- Farm-to-table dining
- Pet friendly
- Large spacious apartments
Nursing, Rehabilitation and Memory Care Services in Newport News
- 12997 Nettles Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
- Skilled and Long Term Care
- Rehabilitative Service-Physical, Occupational and Speech
- Respite and Hospice Care
- Secure Memory Unit
- Admissions 7 Days a Week/24 Hours a Day
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Newport News, VA
- 655 Denbigh Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23608
- Choice of suite layouts
- Comfortable common areas, tastefully decorated
- Assistance with activities of daily life
- Complete dining program with snacks
- Regular individualized needs assessment
A Hampton Roads full-service Continuing Care Retirement Community.
- One Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23510
- Restaurant style dinning, 3 meals daily
- Personalized activities program with organized outings/Holistic fitness program
- 24-hour nursing coverage/Medication administration
- Utilities included (except telephone)/Emergency response system
- 33 private spacious apartments/Daily housekeeping
A fresh approach to assisted living...the neighborhood concept
- 6403 Granby St, Norfolk, VA 23505
- Assisted Living, Private one and two Bedroom Suites
- Respite Care for up to 30 days
- Specialized Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Neighborhood
- Activities led by licensed Recreation Therapist
- 24 hour supervision by nursing staff
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Suffolk Virginia
- 6860 Harbour View Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23435
- Private Apartments with Maintenance Free Living
- Registered Nurse Provides Care Coordination for Individualized Service Plans
- Specialized Memory Care Program
- We Love Your Pets and Provide Pet Care
Independent Living | Assisted Living | Memory Care
- 5871 Harbour View Blvd, Suffolk, VA 23435
- No large, upfront entrance fees / Spacious one & two-bedroom apartments
- Washer and Dryer in all apartments / Elegant Dining Room / Theater / Pub
- Three hospitals located within seven miles
- Adjacent to small retail center, featuring Starbucks Located across the street from Harbour View West Shopping Center
- As a Harmony Senior Services community, you can expect a caring, passionate, and professional staff committed to creating an active environment at The Crossings at Harbour View
Other Memory Care Communities in the Poquoson Area
Dominion Village At Poquoson
Beautiful Assisted Living in Poquoson
- 531 Wythe Creek Road, Poquoson, VA 23662
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Restaurant-style dining
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
Colonial Manor at Williamsburg
Welcome to Colonial Manor at Williamsburg Assisted Living & Memory Care
- 8679 Pocahontas Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Spacious Apartments with Optional Patio Enclosure
- Full-service dining
- Activity center with movies, crafts and game area
- Gracious gathering hall with fireplace
- Beauty salon / barber shop
Charter Senior Living of Williamsburg
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Williamsburg, VA.
- 440 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Licensed nurses and caregivers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Three delicious meals and snacks served restaurant-style daily
- Planned social, educational, and recreational activities daily
- Scheduled local transportation available
- Respite stays
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.