5 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Plant City Area
Make the Rest of Your Life, the Best of Your Life.
- Choice of floor plans: Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments available with housekeeping services included
- Chef-prepared meals served in a stately dining room overlooking the historic theater
- Gated property with personal building entry codes and 24-hour staff
- A variety of activities and amenities, including heated swimming pool, dog park and pontoon boat cruises on Lake Gibson
- Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility under construction - opening Fall 2020
Living Your Lifestyle
- Spacious. Modern. Secure. Senior Living at Tessera of Brandon is designed with your every move in mind. Choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments and furnish them to match your distinctive style.
- Enjoy chef-prepared, healthy meals in one of many restaurants – The Palm, Sago or The Palmetto Restaurant where you have the option to dine inside or outside on our patio.
- Tessera of Brandon has been designed to be beautiful and inspiring inside and out, including our gorgeous courtyards near both assisted living and memory care neighborhoods, a lovely place to meet friends or greet guests.
- The on-site gym has been designed to accommodate residents receiving physical and occupational therapy as well as those aiming to stay fit and active. We also have a beautiful outdoor fitness path as an option.
- Shaded areas and water stations give your dog a safe place to exercise and enjoy the fresh air. It also serves as a great place to socialize with neighbors and their dogs.
Discover the New Community That's Right in Your Neighborhood
- 67 Assisted Living apartments and 33 Private Memory Care Residences
- Maintenance-Free Community Living
- Health &Wellness Programs
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Extended Congregate Care (ECC) License
EXCEPTIONAL LIVING. EXCEPTIONAL VALUE2.
- On-site Medical Director
- Professional Team Available 24 Hours a Day
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Health & Fitness Center
Where Quality of Care Comes First
- Independent Living that offers 24 hour access to nursing and home health services
- Assisted Living with 24 hour nursing services, an on site physician, and therapy access
- Skilled Nursing offering Short Term Rehab and Long Term Care Placement- We accept Medicaid
- Freshly prepared meals and on site entertainment 7 days per week
- Need Short Term Placement For Your Loved One? We welcome respite stays as short as three days.
21 Memory Care Communities in the Plant City Area
Say Hello to home - Crafting a new standard in Senior Living
- Independent, Assisted, & Memory Care Living
- High Standards of safety and hopsitality
- Heartful Care
- Zestful Activities
- Artful Dining
The Best Memory Care Lakeland Has to Offer!
Starting from $3495 per month
- Intimate Retirement Living Specifically Designed to Provide A Comforting Environment For Our Residents
- Outside Activities
- Lush Landscape
- Separate Dining
- Activities Center
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- Studio, One and Two Bedroom Apartment Homes
- Residents may bring their well behaved pets under 20 pounds to live with them
- Join a Yoga class or the walking club
- All of our activities are fun, and help our residents stay in shape - socially, mentally and physically
- If you or your family member want a care free, active, and social senior lifestyle, then there's no better option in the Lakeland area than Grand Villa
Providing Retirement Apartments, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Rehabilitation at Hawthorne Village
Starting From : $75 per day
- Now providing message therapy in our newly expanded Rehabilitation building!
- Elegant, intimate community for those 55 or better continuing through all levels of care.
- Providing an alternative lifestyle to nursing home care. Live independently and still have assisted care day or night.
- On site rehabilitation to rebuild lives after being hospitalized for a major illness or severe trauma.
- We strive to keep and maintain the highest standards in quality care and safety.
Welcome to Your New Home
- Delicious, Creative and Healthy Chef-Prepared Meals
- Full-Service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Exercise Gym, Private Dining Room & Media Room
- Diverse Social, Recreational and Cultural Programming
- Well-Appointed Studio, One and Two Bedroom Apartment Homes
Compassionate Memory Care in Florida’s Heartland
- 610 E. Lime Street, Lakeland, FL 33801
- Inviting parlors and day areas
- Emergency response system
- Landscaped courtyards and walking paths
- Activity rooms for crafts and community events
- Therapeutic care and custom programs
We're dedicated to ensuring seniors live their best life.
- 320 S. Lakewood Dr., Brandon, FL 33511
- Restaurant-style dining
- Activities program and full social calendar
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Salon and spa, library and theater
- Transportation services
Exceptional Senior Living
- 4250 Lakeland Highlands Road, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Game Room, Fitness Center, Fireside Living Room, Beauty/Barber Shop, Ice Cream Parlor and General Store
- Courtyard and Garden, Walking Paths
- Emergency Alert System
Exceptional Senior Living
- 4250 Lakeland Highlands Rd, Lakeland, FL 33813
- Emergency Alert System
- Fitness Center
- Concierge Service
- Beauty/Barber Shop
Tampa’s finest Assisted Living and Memory Care community.
- 12110 Morris Bridge Road, Temple Terrace, FL 33637
- Professional nurses available 24-hours a day
- Robust calendar of activities and events, including movie nights, arts & crafts, music and group exercise classes
- Inviting dining room offers chef-prepared menu options
- Continuous monitoring of health-related needs, providing quality and specialized care
- Full-service beauty salon/barber shop with mani/pedi station
Trusting Care for Your Loved Ones
- 1819 Providence Ridge Blvd., Brandon, FL 33511
- Superior Residences of Brandon offers the finest senior living experience for those needing memory care services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- Our community presents a just-like-home atmosphere, emphasizing the most important component of living arrangements - safety.
- Our Memory Care program addresses the needs of the whole person, taking into account emotional, spiritual, mental, social needs and the physical symptoms of the disease
- Our Memory Care community is specialized and secure for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- We combine the comforts of home and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that a compassionate, around-the-clock staff is fully committed to serving resident needs.
Honoring your past. Brightening your future.
- 13470 Boyette Road, Riverview, FL 33569
- From the moment residents wake up in the morning until they go to bed at night, they know that they're going to get whatever assistance they need throughout the day
- They also know that they're going to enjoy three delicious meals in the company of friends and have the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of suitable activities.
- From wellness classes to bridge, gardening to travel, Twin Creeks offers endless programs and opportunities to stay fit and engaged, connect with new friends or relax with loved ones
- Our restaurant offers delectable and nutritious meals, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week
- Happiness is our goal and we provide the environment and staff to help make happiness happen
Raise Your Expectations with Exceptional Care
- 9215 Causeway Blvd., Tampa, FL 33619
Starting at $3200 per month
- Supportive Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care community
- Elevated Dining featuring three venues and full service piano lounge
- The Meridian at Brandon's concrete construction and land elevation is built to withstand hurricane strength winds of up to 140 mph !!!
- Studio, One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom Apartments / Private and Companion Suites in Memory Care
- Conveniently located near I-75, Lee Roy Selmon Expressway, and I-4
We're dedicated to ensuring seniors live their best life.
- 37411 Eiland Blvd, Zephyrhills, FL 33542
- Eight floor plans including studios and one-bedroom apartments
- Assisted living accommodations are pet-friendly
- Dedicated, 24-hour onsite staff including LPNs and caregivers
- Dining program with delicious, nutritious meals
- In-house visits from physicians, physical therapists, podiatrists, optometrists, etc., available
Riverview's Premier Senior Living Community
- 8451 U.S. Highway 301 South, Riverview, FL 33578
- Spacious apartments, many with river views
- Restaurant-style meals in fine dining atmosphere
- Specially designed environment for both assisted living and memory care
- Licensed, professional staff and trained health care associates to assist with medication and activities of daily living
- Scheduled social, recreational, educational wellness and spiritual programs
Welcome to Memory Lane Cottage
- 5175 Cypress Preserve Dr, Tampa, FL 33647
- Unique smaller scale cottage design with large safe courtyard where residents can wander and garden under the watchful electronic and individualized surveillance of staff
- 20 private suites with full bathrooms
- Nutritional meals prepared in a commercial kitchen designed for a home like environment
- Structured activities and games in the activity area
- Walking paths throughout a large, enclosed courtyard protected by a seven-foot-tall masonry wall
Legacy Senior Living
- 18600 Highwoods Preserve Parkway, Tampa, FL 33647
- All private studio, one-bedroom apartments with private bathrooms.
- Trained professional care staff available to provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 24/7 supervising nurse on staff to monitor individual health needs, including diabetic care
- 3-Daily chef-prepared meals and snack service
- Ongoing specialized dementia training for all associates
Welcome to Central Tampa Assisted Living
- 5010 N 40th St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living, Medication Supervision and Home Services
- Structured Programs Seven Days a Week
- On-Site Medical Care and Services
- Trained Staff in Specialized Care with Team Planning for Each Resident
- Secure Facilty for Alzheimer's and Dementia care
Quality of Life Is a Priority at Angels Senior Living
- 14712 N 42nd St, Tampa, FL 33613
- Elegant full service dining room
- Modern hair and nail salon
- Active lifestyle designed to enrich and support active seniors
- Personalized health & wellness program
- Happy hour featuring live entertainment and hors d’oeuvres
A Place You Can Call Home
- 2425 E Hanna Ave, Tampa, FL 33610
- Three meals daily, served restaurant-style in our dining room
- We inquire about how each resident enjoys spending their time and then incorporate that into our busy recreational calendar
- Our highly trained and caring staff are there to care for your ones with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- Each room is equpped with state of the art nurse call bell and individually controlled climate systems
- Transportation for planned facility activities
Do It Big. Do It Better. Do It All!
- 12401 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL 33612
- Flexible dining and award-winning, chef-prepared meals in casual buffet, formal dining and café venues
- Home maintenance, housekeeping and linen services
- Shuffleboard, horseshoes, putting green, billiards room, game room, table tennis and expansive resident-managed library
- Fitness Center and Health & Wellness Center, indoor heated lap-length pool and spa
- Woodworking shop, stocked lake with fishing pier, walking trails, landscaped grounds and courtyards
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.