16 Memory Care Communities in the Pittsburgh Area
Nuturing the spirit of life
- 107 Fall Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- Delicious restaurant-style all-day dining, snacks and guest meals prepared by our chef.
- Connections Activities program, offering exciting and diverse recreational and leisure activities, personalized to our resident’s interests and desires.
- Innovative Connect4Life program which provides on-site access to primary care, physical, occupation, and speech therapy, as well as outside care coordinated by our medical concierge.
- Scheduled transportation services for shopping, dining and special events.
- Daily housekeeping and weekly laundry and linen services plus cable TV and Wi-Fi throughout the community.
Senior Residence in Pittsburgh, PA
- One Windsor Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Complete Personal Care Services - Our Person-Centered Care approach is based on the resident’s lifetime routine, not ours. Additionally, we provide health monitoring, medication management, assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, and oral care.
- Safety and Comfort - Ionized air filtering removes 99% of viruses, bacteria, and other airborne particulates while staff clean throughout the community multiple times a day. New residents are admitted after providing a negative COVID-19 test result.
- MIND Diet - Our daily menu incorporates foods from the Rush University Medical Center MIND Diet that fosters brain health.
- Sensory Spa - Sensory stimulation therapy can reduce tension, agitation, anxiety, depression, and anger which are common behavioral side effects in seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Extraordinary Location - It’s easy to get the most out of life when you spend it at our community, located just minutes from hospitals, parks, and shopping malls.
What’s Next Is Extraordinary.
- 900 Lincoln Club Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- With a variety of accommodations and floor plans, couples can continue living together in companion suites
- Highly trained chefs seek regular input from residents to understand what menu items should be featured
- Resident-inspired clubs, like the Poker, Walking, Rosary, and Doc-U-Club, headline our activity calendar
- Trained team members available 24 hours a day
- Short-term stays available
Vibrant Senior Living
- 1320 Greentree Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant style
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Multi-purpose Great Room
- Pet friendly
Everything You Need... And More!
- 700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15243
- 24-hour security, an on-site medical center and other important amenities
- Residents can take advantage of our minibuses to visit other parts of the campus or to enjoy scheduled trips to local attractions, supermarkets, shopping malls and restaurants
- Our wide variety of floor plans and apartment options gives you the freedom to select the unit that best meets your needs
- There's no reason to leave our campus when our indoor, skylight mall has all you need to feel at home!
- Asbury Heights offers non-denominational services in each of our two campus chapels and provides transportation to neighborhood churches
It's The Little Things That Make The Difference
- 1537 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15228
- Three nutritious meals cooked fresh daily
- Fun filled calendar of social, religious, recreational and educational programs
- Weekly housekeeping
- Full-service salon and wellness center
- 24-hour staffing
Something For Everyone
- 30-32 Heckel Road, Kennedy Township, PA 15136
- Breakfast and Dinner prepared daily by our chefs for Independent Living; Three meals daily for Personal Care and Memory Care
- Frequently scheduled outings to concerts, casino, movies and restaurants; Visits to historic and cultural destinations
- Weekly apartment housekeeping service; Maintenance services
- Baking, gardening, exercising, reading and card clubs
- Fitness program
Welcome to Concordia of Fox Chapel
- 931 Route 910, Cheswick, PA 15024
- Additional safety options, including secure and alarmed exterior doors
- More activity hours with additional one-on-one activity opportunities
- Three nutritious meals daily, including the preparation of special nutritional requirements or diets
- Bathing and personal hygiene, mobility assistance
- A full calendar of activities, special events and outings
- 5250 Meadowgreen Drive, Whitehall, PA 15236
- Nursing care available 24-hours a day
- Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
- Warm and pleasant living areas
- 3 meals daily
- Physician services available
What’s Next Is Extraordinary.
- 500 Village Drive, Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
- Enjoy private living with a studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite or live with a friend in our companion suite
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Short-term stays available
Vibrant Senior Living
- 2589 Mosside Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146
- Concierge Services, 24-Hour Security System
- Multi-purpose Great Room, Library and Game Room, Community Kitchen
- On-Site Primary Care and Therapy Services
- Beautician & Barber Services
Discover Real Retirement
- 5850 Meridian Road, Suite 1, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Indoor mall featuring full-service bank, post office, beauty shop, convenience store, restaurant and much more
- Deluxe apartments featuring cherrywood cabinetry, new bathroom vanities, new wallpaper, new lighting and more.
- Maintenance-free 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments
- Continuing education classes, culinary demonstrations, arts & crafts
- Panoramic view of rolling countryside
Living Assistance in Greater Pittsburgh
- 5847 Meridian Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Assistance as needed available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to our nursing staff, specialty physicians and therapists
- Numerous activities such as exercise classes, games, and free shows and entertainment at Kean Theatre
- Nutritious meals prepared by our on-site chef
- Beauty/barber shop so you don’t have to leave campus, manicured courtyards and trails to explore and stroll
Exceptional Senior Living
- 5300 Old William Penn Highway, Export, PA 15632
- Morning Mental Workout - Daily late morning mental exercises including discussions, brain stimulating games, and reminiscing.
- Daily Physical Activity - A variety of exercise opportunities including group exercises, walking programs and dancing.
- Daily Life Skills - Individual or group activities that provide a sense of purpose, meaning, and belonging.
- Person Centered Life Enrichment Programming - Activities are designed using the resident's own social history information as a foundation.
Freedom, Fun & Financial Security
- 100 Norman Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
- Gated community and security personnel are on duty 24 hours a day
- 84-acre campus, 3 miles from Cranberry Highlands Golf Course; on-site putting green, Wimbledon croquet, bocce court, playground for children
- Retirement homes ranging from 579 to 1,773 square feet
- On-site personal care and nursing
- Pets are welcome
A Secure Memory Care Community
- 7990 Route 30, North Huntingdon, PA 15642
- Movie Theater, Chapel, In-House Salon, Courtyard
- General Store & Ice Cream Parlor, Coffee Shop & Country Kitchen
- Weekly Physician Visits
- Onsite Therapy Services
- Licensed Nurses Onsite/On Call 24 Hours
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.