2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Pawleys Island Area
An Upscale Senior Living Community in Murrells Inlet, SC
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Chef-prepared meals & Private dining available
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Outdoor swimming pool, Fitness center & wellness spa
- Media room/theater Arts and crafts areas
Welcome to Indigo Carolina Forest An Upscale Senior Living Community NOW Open in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Artful Dining® The Myrtle Beach, SC area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary. Imagine dining on perfectly prepared chicken, and then sharing tall tales over desserts like homemade pecan pie. The best meals start with the best ingredients, but always end with good friends and family around the table.
- Zestful Activities® What’s on the itinerary today? Tomorrow? We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area. Painting, Bingo, and even a corn hole tournament is likely to start up during the week. We haven’t even mentioned the afternoon walking club or social hour! These are just a few of the activities certain to keep your days full. There is no shortage of ZESTFUL Activities® here to keep the body healthy and the mind sharp.
- Heartful Care® Everyone who stays at Indigo Carolina Forest is unique, and we know it. When you walk through our doors, you’re not a resident, you’re family. We treat you like we’d treat any family member – with compassion and respect. We call it HEARTFUL Care®. From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- Offering Independent Living, Residential Villa Homes, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- We would love to meet you and share everything Indigo Carolina Forest has to offer. Please contact us for an appointment or more information.
5 Memory Care Communities in the Pawleys Island Area
Arbor Landing at Pawleys is the newest option for exceptional assisted living in northeastern South Carolina.
- 7419 Ocean Hwy, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Three Restaurant-Style Meals a Day
- Two-Hour Wellness Checks
- Scheduled Transportation to Professional Appointments
- Social Activities & Outings
- Housekeeping & Maintenance
Luxury Senior Living Community on Pawleys Island, SC
- 120 Lakes at Litchfield Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Nestled conveniently in the quiet beaches of Pawleys Island
- Featuring a nationally recognized, award-winning wellness program and dining services equal to any high-end restaurant
- Members of The Lakes at Litchfield enjoy a clubhouse designed to facilitate fun and spur an active life
- From watching movies to surfing the Internet,from painting a canvas to sculpting a creation,.from before dinner drinks to after dinner cocktails,the Clubhouse at The Lakes at Litchfield offers a venue for almost any occasion
- The Lakes at Litchfield is the preferred choice for people who want to live long, live well and live independently
Upscale Assisted Living and Memory Care Community
- 5087 US Highway 17 Bypass South, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
- Assisted Living, Memory Care for those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, and short-term Respite Care
- All Inclusive Pricing-Meals, Snacks, entertainment, transportation, housekeeping, laundry services are all included in your monthly bill
- Conveniently located on Highway 17 Bypass near Tidelands Health Waccamaw Community Hospital
- Nearby many medical facilities including Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital, Tidelands Georgetown Community Hospital, Grandstrand Regional Medical Center, Conway Medical Center
- Minutes from shops, restaurants and the beach for convenient community outings
A Community Focused on Family
- 3620 Happy Woods Court, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
- Specially trained staff to assist with daily living skills such as bathing, dressing and medication supervision
- Care staff available 24 hours a day and a licensed nurse on staff
- Three nutritious meals served daily with special diets available
- Furnished linens and routine laundry and housekeeping
- Full-service beauty salon
A Place To Call Home
- 219 Middleburg Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Spacious Resident Rooms & Common Areas
- Secured & Monitored Residence
- Specialized Memory Care
- Gardening and Outdoor Activities
- Music, Movies, Family Visits and so much more
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.