11 Memory Care Communities in the North Chili Area
Leading the Way in Memory Care
- 48 Cottage Grove Cir, North Chili, NY 14514
- 24-hour Support from care partners and nurses
- Assistance with all personal care and mobility
- Private bedroom, central living rooms
- On-site Hair salon, ice cream parlor and country store
- Secure patio courtyard with vegetable and flower gardens
SENIOR LIVING IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK
- 1471 Long Pond Rd, Rochester, NY 14626
- Activity & Games Room, Arts & Crafts Studio, Chapel, Bocce Ball Court, Gardens
- Concierge Services
- Robust Calendar of Daily Activities
- Travel by Leisure Care
- Daily Check-in System
Leading the Way in Memory Care
- 256 Thurston Rd, Rochester, NY 14619
- Main dining room, private dining area
- Don & Norma’s, our old-fashioned ice cream parlor
- Assembly room, chapel, and living room
- Fitness center, arts and crafts room, and beauty salon
- Secured patio, outside walking path, and vegetable and flower gardens
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Brockport, NY
- 90 West Avenue, Brockport, NY 14420
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
- Card Club, Bible Club and the Treasures from Our Hearts Club
- 3 meals a day, served restaurant-style
- Off-site excursions, including community outings to the Lilac Festival, local casinos, the George Eastman House and many other local attractions
Experience a lifestyle that offers everything you want and more than you can imagine at a place where your heart and soul will feel at home.
- 1350 Westfall Rd, Rochester, NY 14618
- Daily expert assistance
- Modern living spaces
- Expanded programs and activities
- Technology that keeps you connected
- Pet-friendly living
Caring for the most important people on earth!
- 1500 Portland Avenue, Rochester, NY 14621 $$
- Assisted Living Care - The extra help seniors need with the tasks of everyday life.
- Independent & Retirement Living - Great options for a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Memory Care Services - Special care for seniors who are suffering from dementia.
- Skilled Nursing Care - An exceptional level of skill and compassion from some of the area's top nurses.
- Rehabilitation Services - Advanced care to help seniors recover quickly.
Find Care Beyond Compare, Assisted Living & Memory Care
- 1 Wheatley Terrace, Pittsford, NY 14534
- 24-hour staffing on premises
- Weekly housekeeping, daily bed making, personal laundry service
- Country kitchen for informal resident and family gatherings
- Private assisted bathing spa with whirlpool tub
- Preferred consideration for admission to the Friendly Home
Where delightful living and leisure meet a vibrant city spirit.
- 300 Cranberry Landing Dr, Rochester, NY 14609, Rochester, NY 14609
- 24/7 Associate Support
- Dynamic Community Life Calendar
- Delicious, Healthy Meals
- Complete Building, Residence, and Grounds Maintenance
- Short-Term Respite Stays
Award-Winning Nursing Home
- 3156 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14618
- Physician, social work and pharmacy services
- Personal care
- Dentistry, psychiatry, podiatry, ophthalmology
- Transitional rehabilitation care
- Hospice care
Exceptional Senior Living
- 159 Sullys Trail, Pittsford, NY 14534
- Brookdale Pittsford offers Alzheimer's and Dementia Care services for seniors.
- Our personalized assessment evaluates individual needs and preferences. Then we customize a service plan to meet those needs and preferences. The personalized plan is based upon the amount of time it takes to provide quality services. Therefore, residents only pay for what they need and want.
- Our trained staff is there to assist with personal needs, in the privacy of the resident's suite/apartment. We provide assistance with, Bathing or showering, selection of clothing, dressing assistance, grooming, hygiene, mobility and transferring and dining assistance.
- We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. All menu options are selected by a registered dietician to optimize nutritional value. Understanding that many individuals with memory loss have special dietary needs, we offer a full menu of finger foods and adaptive devices and document food preferences for every resident. Resident seating is pre-selected to insure a pleasurable dining experience.
- Professional nurses oversee the delivery of health care services and behavior management to our residents. Our nurses are on-site 24 hours a day.
Leading the Way in Memory Care
- 20 Crossing Creek Dr, Fairport, NY 14450
- Four ranch-style family homes, each with an accessible kitchen, large living/dining area and 14 bedrooms
- Shahbazim are the key staff members of each residence. The Shahbazim assist Elders with their personal care and offer opportunities for Elders to connect and build relationships. They also make the meals and maintain the home.
- Front porch and secure courtyard
- Residence Guides include the administrator and two nurse/care-managers provide clinical support to the family of Elders in each of the homes.
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.