1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the New Braunfels Area
Promoting Wellness for a Vibrant Life!
- 10790 Toepperwein Road, Converse, TX 78109
- Spacious studio suites
- Emergency call system monitored by on-site staff
- Social, recreational, spiritual and educational programs
- Scheduled transportation to appointments and shopping
- Restaurant-style dining room with varied menus
8 Memory Care Communities in the New Braunfels Area
Experience personalized care in an active and intimate community.
- 1207 Jackson Keller Road, San Antonio, TX 78213
- We provide Personalized Assisted living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care services for seniors
- Three nutritious, freshly prepared meals per day
- Exercise and fitness programs
- Housekeeping and linen services
- Regularly scheduled life-enriching activities
Welcome to Rio Terra
- 2294 E Common Street, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Variety of apartment styles and sizes with month to month rental and no buy-ins or long term leases
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
- Fitness programs such as exercise classes and walking groups
- A wide variety of enticing social, recreational, educational, and cultural programs
- Art classes and craft workshops
Exceptional Senior Living
- 14595 Nacogdoches Road, San Antonio, TX 78247
- Morning Mental Workout - Daily late morning mental exercises including discussions, brain stimulating games, and reminiscing.
- Daily Physical Activity - A variety of exercise opportunities including group exercises, walking programs and dancing.
- Daily Life Skills - Individual or group activities that provide a sense of purpose, meaning, and belonging.
- Person Centered Life Enrichment Programming - Activities are designed using the resident's own social history information as a foundation.
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
Exceptional Senior Living
- 16911 San Pedro, Hollywood Park, TX 78232
- 235-sq.-foot studios, 337-sq.-foot one bedrooms, 389-sq.-foot two bedrooms, one bath; some furnished
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Off-site excursions, including community fishing trips and nature walks
- 3 delicious homemade meals a day, served restaurant-style
- Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3360 Oakwell Court, San Antonio, TX 78218
- 410-sq.-foot and 510-sq.-foot deluxe studios, some furnished
- Refrigerator and microwave
- All utilities except basic cable and telephone included
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
The Laurels & The Haven in Stone Oak
- 511 and 575 Knights Cross Drive, San Antonio, TX 78258
- Our residents enjoy nutritious gourmet dining
- Variety of on-site and off-site activities
- Personalized care services such as medication management
- Assisted Living and Alzheimer's care on one beautiful campus
The Forum at Lincoln Heights in San Antonio
- 311 Nottingham West, San Antonio, TX 78209
- A variety of floor plans, all with full kitchens
- Elegant restaurant-style dining with menu options
- Heated & covered pool
- Comfortable and tastefully-appointed community areas
- A full complement of recreational, social, and cultural activities
Welcome to Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX
- 2702 Cembalo Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78230
- Meal packages are included to match your lifestyle and floorplan
- Heated Swmming Pool
- Wellness Room/Spa
- Beauty & Barber Shop
- Access to the on-site Clubhouse featuring a Living Room with Fireplace, Game Room and a Swimming Pool with Spa and Cabana
Other Memory Care Communities in the New Braunfels Area
Swans Landing Assisted Living
Affordable Living Solutions for Seniors who need help with daily living.
- 4154 Swans Landing, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Veteran and Family owned by a Registered Nurse
- Working compassionately with Geriatric for more than 20 years
- We have an RN and a Nurse Practitioner on site as needed to supervised, monitor and provide a higher level of care
- Medication Administrations and assistant also include Diabetes Management, glucometer monitoring and recording, insulin injection, Intramuscular Injection
- Higher level of care: PEG (Tube Feeding), Foley, Colostomy, Tracheostomy Care (Please Call and Check With Us for Special Care)
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.