2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Mount Dora Area
Seniors Living Their Best Years in Ocoee, FL
- Associates on site 24/7
- Beyond activities of daily living, our team is there to provide unconditional support or comfort and unlimited friendly chats
- Robust Medication Admnistration
- Chef-inspired meals daily with flexible and nutritious options
- We frequently enjoy active indoor games, outings to concerts, live music performances, car shows, arts & crafts, lunches under the sun & more
Seniors Living to the Fullest in Clermont, FL
- Large Spacious Apartments With Screened Porches
- Kitchen and Private Bath
- Transportation To Outside Activities & Medical Appointments
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service
- On Site Therapy Services
18 Memory Care Communities in the Mount Dora Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- Village Veranda of Lady Lake offers the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services
- At Village Veranda of Lake Lake the choices are numerous. Catch up with neighbors in courtyard the lounge, take a stroll in the along secure walking paths, or socialize with friends during Social Hour.
- We feature wellness programs, managed care and emergency response systems, and are fully capable of providing the most complete and appropriate care available in senior living today
- With 24-hour state-of-the-art emergency response systems, residents and family members have peace of mind that care is always available
- For those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia,our residents can be assured that they will receive the care that they need beyond what traditional assisted living communities can provide. Healthcare monitoring and management, personalized care and assistance, and much more are delivered in a safe and secure environment.
Experience the Difference
- Spacious lounges, exercise room & activity room
- Beautiful courtyard with swimming pool
- Emergency electric back-up and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refridgerator, sink & cabinets
- Close to area shopping, hospital and medical plaza's
Living Your Best Life
445 Waterman Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- Independent, Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing
- Housekeeping, utilities, cable for TV included
- Use of all Waterman Village recreational facilities
- Social and recreational programs
- Retiring here means you’ll never have to move again
Our Goal is to Care, Heal and Provide Incomparable Service
3050 Brown Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- 24-Hour Nursing Care with Extensive Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehab & Respite Care
- Pain Management, IV Therapies & Tracheotomy Care
- Daily Activities & Transportation
- Accommodations Tailored to Meet the Needs of the Individual
Where Every Moment Matters
4901 Lake Park Court, Mount Dora, FL 32757
- All-Inclusive Personal Care
- As-Needed Assistance with Dressing, Personal Care, etc., with a Focus on Independence
- Daily Calendar Filled with Activities, including Fitness Classes
- Mediterranean & DASH-Style Meals
- Caregivers with Advanced Training Specializing in Alzheimer’s & Other Types of Dementia
2450 Dora Ave, Tavares, FL 32778
- Peaceful Lake Atmosphere
- Large, Spacious Rooms
- Daily Activities
- Housekeeping and Laundry Service
- 24 Hours a Day Nursing
Welcome Home to Lakeview Terrace
331 Raintree Drive, Altoona, FL 32702
- Spacious Garden Homes & Apartments
- Full Activity Program and Wonderful Library
- Pets Welcome
- Warm & Friendly Neighbors
- Peaceful Countryside Setting
Your Life, Your Way, Every Day!
600 Lake Port Blvd, Leesburg, FL 34748
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining, including snacks
- Inviting common areas and gathering spaces
- Indoor aquatic center with heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Lifelong learning, discussions, classes and outings
- Lakefront gazebo, dock and pontoon boat
Welcome to Vista Lake!
700/710 South Lake Street, Leesburg, FL 34748
- Choice of Floor Plans for Private and Companion Suites
- Phone & Cable Hook Up
- Assistance With Personal Needs
- Life Enrichment Programs
- Emergency Response System
Exceptional Senior Living
203 South Wekiwa Springs Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- Emergency Alert System
- Keypad Entry
- Ice Cream Parlor and Snack Shop
- Gardening/Greenhouse and Walking Paths
An Assisted Living Facility with a Family Feel
30 W Garden Ave, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming and dressing
- 3 homecooked meals daily, and snacks
- Daily and weekly house keeping
- Medication management or assistance
- Monitoring overall health
INDEPENDENT BY NATURE
500 Village Pl, Longwood, FL 32779
- Restaurant-style dining
- Extensive calendar of activities and events
- Weekly housekeeping service and flat linen service
- Community-sponsored trips
- 24-hour security and gated entrance
Oakmonte Village at Lake Mary offers a state-of-the-art resort-like lifestyle with endless amenities and activities.
1021 Royal Garden Cir, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Located within easy reach of financial services, golf courses, shopping and entertainment
- Each residence includes many upscale features
- Full-size bathrooms with large cabinet vanities and linen closets
- Fine restaurant-quality dining, a bistro cafe and a state-of-the-art theater
- 24-hour reception desk to assist residents and visitors
VITALITY LIVING LAKE FOREST IS REDESIGNING SENIOR LIVING IN FLORIDA WITH YOU IN MIND.
5433 West State Road 46, Sanford, FL 32771
- 24-hour staff
- Alzheimer’s and dementia support group
- Emergency alert pendant or wristband
- Escort and transfer assistance available
- Full-service salon and spa
Trusting Care for Your Loved Ones
1600 Hunt Trace Blvd., Clermont, FL 34711
- We offer the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services.
- We are a unique assisted living residence that encourages an active lifestyle and daily fun for seniors.
- We combine the comforts of home and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that a compassionate, around-the-clock staff is fully committed to serving every resident's needs.
- Our Memory Care program addresses the needs of the whole person, taking into account emotional, spiritual, mental, social needs and the physical symptoms of the disease
- Our Memory Care community is specialized and secure for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
Caring to Exceed Expectations
3655 W. Lake Mary Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 22746
- Scheduled transportation to shopping and excursions
- Personal concierge services
- Enhanced fitness classes & wellness checks
- Landscaped grounds , courtyard and patios for relaxing
- Pets are Welcome program (PAW)
Award-Winning Memory Care in Winter Garden
720 Roper Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- Choice of private or companion floor plans
- Small neighborhood design to encourage interaction
- Open floor plans to assist with wayfinding and visual cueing to assist with orientation
- Controlled building access and double barrier exits
- Licensed nursing supervision on-site 24 hours/day
We Take Care of Moms and Dads
1061 Tomyn Blvd., Ocoee, FL 34761
- Maintenance-free lifestyle with superior amenities and services
- Personalized care with licensed nursing available 24/7
- Programming, cultural events and enriching activities
- Nutritious, chef-prepared meals with flexible dining hours
- Off-site outings and scheduled local transportation
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.