1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Mesquite Area
Resident-Focused Assisted Living and Memory Care
- 3 delicious restaurant style meals served daily
- Scheduled transportation
- Covered veranda with rocking chairs
- Fireside library & Bridge room
- Daily housekeeping
19 Memory Care Communities in the Mesquite Area
Experience the Best in Senior Living
4847 West Lawther Drive, Dallas, TX 75214
- Our beautiful 20 acre campus provides a superb setting for our three distinct residential opportunities
- With 108 apartments, many of The Overlook apartments feature fantastic views of White Rock Lake, downtown Dallas and the surrounding park
- The Asbury building has 78 apartments in a three story mid-rise setting
- The Julian Thomas Center has 53 apartments in a one story garden setting
- Our Vision...is to provide a community where every life and every age is valued and enriched
Friends and Savings Never Felt So Good
711 Matador Lane, Mesquite, TX 75149
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Three delicious meals served daily
- Planned group activities and special events.
- Apartment maintenance, weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping, outings and tours
Exceptional Senior Living
9715 Plano Road, Dallas, TX 75238
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and walking trails
- 75 apartments on one floor, built around a square, which makes getting around easy and convenient
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- A diverse, full-time activities program for premier senior living and elder care
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
Exceptional Senior Living
9271 White Rock Trail, Dallas, TX 75238
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard
- 30 apartments on one floor for easy access
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- Housekeeping and linen service
- All utilities paid
Where Beauty is Just the Beginning.
5850 E Lovers Lane, Dallas, TX 75206
- 24-Hour Concierge service
- Weekly housekeeping
- Spa services in beauty/barber salon
- Elegant Dining Room serving New American cuisine with global influences, and select wines and spirits. Enjoy three meals a day.
- Fitness center with heated indoor swimming pool, weight room, group exercise and Pilates room, and locker rooms
We’re ready to welcome you home. Because everyone is family here at Monticello West.
5114 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75205
- Private residence in a choice of floor plans
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLS) to include assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, eating; medication administration and management; and one-person transfer
- Active event calendar, including social, cultural and recreational programs
- Personal laundry service, Bed linen service, Housekeeping service (weekly)
- Dedicated Memory Care Director
BEST IN CLASS SENIOR LIVING IN DALLAS
3535 N Hall St, Dallas, TX 75219
- Licensed nurse on-site 24/7
- Chef-prepared dining with 24 daily choices, exterior dining patio and garden terrace, bistro with daily refreshments
- Indoor, heated salt-water pool. professionally supervised fitness center
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy services on-site
- Short-term respite and transitional stays
Quality, compassionate care in a retirement community you’ll love.
5515 Glen Lakes Dr, Dallas, TX 75231
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and other personal care, including medication management.
- 24/7 nursing, caregiving and medication aides
- Full calendar of educational, cultural and recreational events and activities, including daily morning exercise
- Utilities, including water/sewage, Wi-Fi/internet, electricity and basic cable
- Weekly personal laundry, linen and housekeeping services
Make your next chapter next level at The Legacy Midtown Park.
8240 Manderville Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
- At the Aaron Towers Independent Living Building, you’ll enjoy your sleek, modern apartment home along with a robust social calendar, 40,000 square feet of communal spaces, fine dining, and a long list of high-end amenities.
- We’ll offer a helping hand with daily activities, which include dressing, bathing, dining, and medication management.
- Memory Care residents will receive nurturing care along with the latest technologies and programming designed for those with cognitive impairment, as well as staff-guided arts and crafts and physical activities.
- Our highly trained staff take all aspects of wellness into account in creating personalized, comprehensive care programs for each individual.
LUXURY SENIOR LIVING IN DALLAS, TEXAS
8523 Thackery St, Dallas, TX 75225
- Spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom residences with a balcony or patio
- Well-appointed residences feature washer and dryer, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, crown molding, wood-blind window coverings
- Fully modern fitness center and indoor heated pool
- High-end, full-service salon, spa and barbershop
- Gated community, assigned underground parking
Lake Pointe’s Premier Location for Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
9300 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett, TX 75088
- 162-bed facility, offering short-term rehab and long-term nursing care
- The new Abri all female memory care unit is a Geriatric Special Care Unit for Alzheimer's/Dementia residents in which it provides a loving, safe, and secure environment.
- Communication with our families is a top priority
- Located by Lake Ray Hubbard and 1 block from Lake Point Medical Center.
Living & Thriving. Enriching lives in every way we can imagine.
8600 Skyline Dr, Dallas, TX 75243
- Gated campus with professional security 24/7, wireless 24/7 emergency call system in each residence
- Two full-time chaplains and weekly worship services
- More than 50 different weekly classes, one-on-one personal training
- Life enrichment activities
- Resident clinic with full-time wellness nurse, on-campus pharmacy
Best-in-Class Senior Living
5917 Sherry Ln, Dallas, TX 75225
- 24/7 Concierge, 24/7 Associate Support, Short-Term Stays
- Bar, Bistro & Cafe
- Complete Building, Residence, and Grounds Maintenance, Housekeeping Services, Laundry Services, Dry Cleaning Services
- On-Site Spa, Fitness Center, Personal Training, Library, Movie Theater
- Rooftop Terrace Garden, Beautiful Outdoor Spaces
POST ACUTE REHABILITATION & SENIOR LIVING
550 Ann Arbor Ave, Dallas, TX 75216
- We provide a full-time in-house therapy team—no outside contractors or agencies—so our guests get to know their therapists, and vice-versa.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Wound Care and Healing, Neurological Conditions, Electrical Stimulation for Swallowing Dysfunction, Lymphedema, Pulmonary Programs
- Social programs, outings, and frequent special events and parties
- No buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease
Welcoming Brighter Days
13001 Hillcrest Road, Dallas, TX 75240
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
Discover the uniqueness of Rockwall Nursing Care Center
206 Storrs St., Rockwall, TX 75087
- Rowlett Lakeshore Times presented us with the 2012 Readers' Choice Best Physical Therapy Rehab award
- Three dining rooms are pleasantly decorated and offer independence at an individual level while maintaining dignity
- A Geriatric Special Care Unit for Alzheimer's/Dementia residents provides a loving, safe, and secure environment
- Our goal is to encourage, protect and achieve the highest level of independence by offering our years of knowledge with a helping hand to a generation most deserving
Vibrant Senior Living
12400 Preston Rd, Dallas, TX 75230
- Private Beauty Parlor & Barber Shop
- Multiple Fitness Centers, Exquisite Game Room, Community Kitchen, Arts & Crafts Studio, Extensive Library, General Store
- Irresistible Social Events & Entertainment
- Relaxing Courtyard & Quiet Garden
- 24-Hour Security System
Considering Texas Senior Assisted Living or Independent Living Communities near Dallas and Fort Worth, TX?
1493 Richardson Drive, Richardson, TX 75080
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Vibrant assisted living and memory care boasting unmatched resident satisfaction.
870 W Arapaho Rd, Richardson, TX 75080
- Comfortable Living Rooms and Sitting Areas
- Beautiful Main Dining Room, Café for All-Day Snacks and Beverage Selections
- Theater Room with Frequent Showings, Arts and Crafts Studio, Activity Room with Full Kitchen, Full-Service Salon and Barbershop
- Outside Patio Areas with Gazebo, Gardens, and Walking Paths
- Resident-Led Community Groups and Monthly Town Hall Meetings
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.