3 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Melbourne Area
Exceptional Living. Exceptional Value.
- On-site medical director and 24-hour nursing
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Fitness & Wellness Center
- Luxurious apartment homes
Opt Out of Average Senior Living
- With Independent Living including Cottages, Assisted Living and Memory Care options available, we’re here to assist residents in all walks of life.
- Heated indoor saltwater pool and Outdoor pool, offering Aquatics program
- We offer many enjoyable classes such as Arts and Crafts, Baking and Cooking, Fitness classes and more
- Meal packages included to match your lifestyle
- Full-time nursing and care associates (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
Enjoy Life with Dignity
- Eligible residents that qualify for the Long Term Care Medicaid program receive funding for our services & Veterans Benefits
- Bethesda on Turkey Creek assisted living and memory care is about more than providing assistance and nursing care in a home-like environment; it's about providing programs that promote overall wellness.
- Bethesda on Turkey Creek Assisted Living and Memory care program can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one with Alzheimer's or other forms of memory loss while embracing their strengths and promoting independence.
- Skype Video Conference, Personalized Care Plans, Rooms with view of the Turkey Creek Sanctuary Available
- We lean heavily on our Activites Department who offers Entertianment,Classes and workshops,Field trips and most importanly dancing.
15 Memory Care Communities in the Melbourne Area
Waterfront Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Now Offering Memory Care
- Nursing And Care Staff available 24/7
- Family Owned and Operated and Live On Site
- Resort Style Assisted Living
- Apartment Living & Pet Friendly
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
- Ongoing Monitoring of Health and Wellness Needs
- Sun-Filled Private and Friendship Suites
- Exercise Programs
- Music Lessons
- Delivering Person-Centered Care to Residents
Life at our community is like nowhere else
540 East Hibiscus Boulevard, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Graciously appointed community, specifically designed to meet the needs of seniors.
- Choice of several spacious floor plans.
- Separate activity rooms, library, meeting room and television lounges.
- Comprehensive dining program including three daily meals with snacks and beverages available at all times.
- Respite and short-term stays available
Stewardship at Heart
964 S. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
- Spacious lounges, exercise room and activity room
- Courtyards with gardens
- Beautiful swimming pool with outdoor patio
- Emergency electric and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and cabinets
Exceptional Senior Living
1765 W. Hibiscus Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Private Dining Room
Exceptional Senior Living
4001 Stack Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Three Meals Monday thru Saturday, Sunday Brunch Buffet and Dinner
- Arts & Crafts Room, Nature Observation Area
- Health & Safety Emergency Response System
- 24-Hour Monitored Security
- We also offer specialized Catered Services at an additional charge: Beauty/Barber Shop, Personal Valet Laundry Service, Pets, Respite Care
World Class Senior Living in Eastern Central Florida
205 Hardoon Lane, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Licensed nurse & caregivers on staff 24-hours-a-day
- Three-chef prepared meals per day in our formal Suntree Harvest Dining room where we focus on fresh farm-to-table nutritious dining
- A robust calendar of activities and entertainment
- Quick Silver Lounge for Happy Hour and conversation
- Acoustically sound at Majestic Movie Theater with daily movies and popcorn
Our care focuses only on Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
7999 Spyglass Hill Rd, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Expertise and Experience — we do “one” thing and we do it exceptionally well – the exclusive practice of memory care
- Specialized Licensure and Staff — able to support and actually promote “aging in Place”
- Comprehensive Care — transition and comfort throughout the progression of cognitive loss or dementia
- Real Time Care — cares and concerns are addressed immediately, not scheduled for an appointment
- Accessibility — staff are always available due to our open-door policy
A Memory Care Residence
6845 Murrell Rd, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Nationally Certified Dementia Practitioner on-site
- Individualized Service Plan (ISP) created and maintained for each resident identifying specialized needs and preferences
- On-site Wellness services including lab, therapy, pharmacy and specialty physician visits
- Chef Prepared Meals daily served on specialized dining ware to promote healthy appetite
- Visual cueing throughout community to assist with orientation
Three Lifestyle Options. One Viera Campus.
4206 Breslay Dr, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Convenient, all-inclusive monthly rental fee
- 24-hour staff and overnight security personnel
- Movie theatre, arts studio, library & computer lab
- Game room, outdoor fire pit & picnic pavilion, bocce ball court, off-leash dog park
- Covered parking, golf cart parking & charging stations
PREMIER ASSISTED LIVING AND MEMORY CARE IN MELBOURNE, FLORIDA.
5700 Lake Andrew Dr, Melbourne, FL 32940
- Great Floor Plans: A variety of suites offers flexible floor plans to meet your needs.
- 24/7: 24-hour nursing care, seven days a week - we don't rest, so that you can rest.
- Active Living: Our Active Living program offers social, emotional and physical engagement.
- Delicious Meals: Our delicious chef-prepared meals are served restaurant-style daily. We also offer healthy snacks available throughout the day.
- Housekeeping: Daily and weekly housekeeping services are available.
ITS YOUR LIFE. DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE IT YOUR WAY AT ZON BEACHSIDE.
1894 S Patrick Dr, Satellite Beach, FL 32937
- Always Available Menu Options, The Compass Pub with Daily Happy Hour
- The Chart Room Reading Library
- Multi Faith Worship Center
- Routine Housekeeping Services, Weekly Laundry and Linen Service
- Resident Wander Management System
The Waterfront Lifestyle Seniors Deserve
3490 Gran Avenue, Palm Bay, FL 32905
- Three chef-prepared meals and snacks daily
- Weekly housekeeping and bed linen service
- 24-hour access to caregiving and nursing staff
- Full activity schedule and concierge services
- Round-the-clock security and emergency system
Exceptional Memory Care
350 Malabar Rd SW, Palm Bay, FL 32907
- Specialty memory care programs like Music & Memory, Life History Boxes, Art Therapy and the ItsNever2Late System, Palm Bay Memory Care provides programming and function to the day-to-day experience of our Residents.
- We strive to serve residents with Alzheimer's and related dementias in a way that honors their unique habits, passions, and history
- Nationally Certified Dementia Practitioners to meet the personalized needs of our residents available 24 hours a day
- Community design encourages resident independence and supports wellbeing
- Secured courtyard with beautifully manicured walking paths and raised gardens with fresh herbs and fragrant flowers
Family Caring for Families, Improving the Lives of All Who Enter
3081 Eldron Blvd SE, Palm Bay, FL 32909
- Three balanced meals and snacks
- Emotional security and support
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Dementia care
- Owned and operated by an experienced RN
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.