1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Lexington Area
Live vibrantly...and do what you love.
- Voted "Best Assisted Living" by Lexington Magazine
- All of the comforts of home...and then some
- Individual climate control systems to ensure personal comfort
- Communication between facility and healthcare providers to ensure a well-rounded care plan
- Private bathrooms with walk-in showers
15 Memory Care Communities in the Lexington Area
Extended care for your recovery, in a place that feels like home.
- Post surgical recovery, ortho care, stroke rehabilitation
- 24 hour nursing
- Respiratory therapy on site, 12 hours daily
- Hospice Care
- Alzheimer's special care unit
Support, Guidance and a Shoulder to Lean on For You and Your family
- 24-hour nursing care, Exclusive Memory Care Design Features the lastest Technology safety and services
- We let our residents and their families know that we will also prioritize respect, dignity, and integrity.
- Completely secured courtyard with screened porches and walking paths
- We strive to make our residents feel meaningful, successful, and valuable each day that we have the honor and privilege of serving them.
- We provide exceptional care, hospitality, and services to our residents and their families that consistently exceed their expectations.
The first-class Alzheimer’s care your loved one deserves.
- Designed as residential and home-like as possible with an openness to create a warm, non-institutional environment
- Lounges feature bird aviaries
- All private rooms with private bathrooms (including showers),Bathrooms also feature automated lights and toilets
- Each room has a memory box, a wall display families can decorate with residents' most precious memories.
- Residents can move around the halls and gardens protected by secured access, alert chimes, automatic locking doors and our dedicated staff.
An All-Inclusive, Custom Alzheimer’s & Memory Care and Transitional Assisted Living Facility in West Columbia, SC for Your Loved One!
- Our Person-Centered Care approach is based on the resident’s lifetime routine, not ours. Additionally, we provide health monitoring, medication management, assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, and oral care.
- Our community’s leadership team includes our Executive Director, Health Services Director, and Life Enrichment Director.
- Our daily menu incorporates foods from the Rush University Medical Center MIND Diet that fosters brain health.
- Our state-of-the-art Virtual Reality Therapy enables residents to explore bucket list journeys and experiences they’ve always wanted to complete, all within the comfort of our community.
- Sensory stimulation therapy can reduce tension, agitation, anxiety, depression, and anger which are common behavioral side effects in seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Begin Your New Adventure Today
- Three delicious meals served daily, restaurant style
- On--Site Movie Theatre,
- Transportation to scheduled activities and local medical appointments
- Medications dispensed by trained staff, Coordination with physicians for medical services
- Veterans' Aid and Attendance for Senior Living
Care is our Business
- Inpatient & Outpatient rehabilitation including joint replacement & cardiac care
- 180-bed skilled nursing facility with 30-bed Specialized Alzheimer's unit
- Traditional long-term care with a team of healthcare professionals tailoring programs to meet each patient's specific needs.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation service provided by in-house licensed therapist for inpatient & outpatient needs
- 24-hour nursing care
A home-like Quality Care Alternative for seniors
- Secure Memory Care Units
- Licensed Nurses 24 hours/day
- On-site Wellness center
- Weekly house-keeping & laundry
- Variety of floor plans
An active yet comfortable lifestyle
CCRC - Entrance Fee Req'd
- More Than Secure...Specialized Memory Support
- Professional Nurses & Compassionate Caregivers
- Prescription Paws Pet Partner volunteers provides friendly pet visits on our campus
- Life Affirming Activities
- Short Term Respite Stays
To Enrich Lives and be Faithful Stewards of All Entrusted To Us.
CCRC - Entrance Fee Req'd
- To ensure exceptional care for our residents, we have an on-site Health Services Director, resident care aides and medication technicians
- Our care team is available 24/7, to ensure that our residents get the care they need.
- Luxuriously landscaped outdoor patio, gardens and walking paths.
- Bright and cheerful dining area and recreation room for crafts and community activities.
- We offer Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care
Luxury Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing in Lexington, SC
200 Wellmore Drive, Lexington, SC 29072
- Full Continuum of Care (Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Skilled Nursing, and Short-Term Rehab) means residents do not need to move from our community should healthcare needs change.
- Three (3) Million Dollar on-site Wellness Center with indoor, heated therapy pool & aerobic/fitness rooms featuring our award-winning wellness programs to enhance the quality of life for residents.
- Social and Dining Programs that are setting new industry standards to not only maintain resident dignity and engagement, but expand engagement with unique experiences.
- All-Inclusive Care Pricing in Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care. This offers our residents and their families true peace of mind that the monthly rate will not increase regardless of the care needed in these care settings.
- 24-hour emergency response system
Gracious living in a caring environment
700 DaVega Drive, Lexington, SC 29073
CCRC - Entrance Fee Req'd
- Open to people of all faiths
- Wellness programming
- Cultural and social events
- Walking Paths and boardwalks to Saluda River
- Organization with over 60 years of service in SC
It's a new day to live well
1 Still Hopes Drive, West Columbia, SC 29169
- Indoor, heated swimming pool
- Well-equipped fitness center with exercise classes
- On-campus bar and pub
- Arts and crafts room
- Four unique dining venues
We are more than assisted living, We're family
4405 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC 29206
- A choice of accommodations, with large bathrooms and carpeted suites
- An emergency call system in all bedrooms and bathrooms
- Three delicious meals served restaurant style each day ... with fresh flowers on every table
- A computer lab where residents can send and receive e-mail from friends and family
- Two comfortable vans for interesting outings, medical appointments and more
Committed to Your Health
1007 N. King Street, Columbia, SC 29223
Call for Pricing!
- 24-Hour Skilled Nursing Care and Support Services
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- Long and Short Term Rehab stays
- IV Therapy, Wound care
- Beauty Salon and Courtyard
Family Serving Families
2300 Clemson Rd, Columbia, SC 29229
- Choice of several apartments and suites
- Secure Memory Care Neighborhood
- Restaurant-style dining
- Expansive social and recreational programs
- On-site rehabilitation services
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.