2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Largo Area
28 Memory Care Communities in the Largo Area
Looks Like Home, Feels Like Family
- 2750 Drew St, Clearwater, FL 33759
- Visit Our Website
Housekeeping Memory and Dementia Care Near Medical Facilities Restaurant Style Dining Sidewalks Transportation
- Comfortable, well-appointed apartments that range in size from studios to one and two bedroom apartments
- Restaurant-style dining room to enjoy three delicious, chef-prepared meals each day
- Plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beautiful weather, including our courtyard, gazebo, and barbecue areas
- Daily options for staying in shape, such as yoga, Zumba, gardening club, walking club, Wii bowling or a workout in the gym
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop, and regular visits from third-party health care providers
When You Are Home,You Are Home
- 333 16th Ave SE, Largo, FL 33771
- Individualized Care in a Home-Like Atmosphere
- Specialized Memory Care Neighborhood
- Licensed Nurse On-Site 24 Hours A Day with Extended Congregate Care (ECC) License
- On-Site Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Pet Friendly Community
I say age is only a state of mind.
- 300 Lake Avenue NE, Largo, FL 33771
- Three chef-inspired meals per day
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and towel services
- Scheduled transportation
- Life Enrichment programs
- Personal pendant, 24-hour on-site staffing
Rehabilitation & Nursing at The Palms of Largo
- 499 Alt. Keene Road, Largo, FL 33771
- Skilled nursing care
- Swallowing issues treated with Vital Stim (R) by our Speech Therapists (SLP)
- Spacious rooms with natural light, assuring the well-being of each person
- Individualized therapy sessions & same therapist ensure highest level of success
- Part of the Palms of Largo Continuing Care
Moments Matter. Live Them Well.
- 400 Lake Ave. NE, Largo, FL 33771
- Medication Management and Administration
- Personal Assistance (grooming, dressing, bathing, incontinence care)
- Arrangement for local medical appointments
- Enhanced programs for Memory Care
- Parkinson's Programming
DESIGNED FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND
- 2050 East Bay Drive, Largo, FL 33771
- Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Restaurant-style dining
- Exclusive twice a day hydration program
- Furnished apartments
- Diabetic management program
Family style Community in Pinellas County
- 750 Starkey Rd., Largo, FL 33771
Starting From : $1995
- Large Studio and one bedroom apartments
- Medication Management
- Alzheimer's Care featuring memory enhancement life stations
- Art, Music and pet therapy
- Ask about our FREE 3 day / 2 night GET-AWAY!
We Welcome You Home!
- 455 Belcher Road S., Largo, FL 33771
- Room options based on preferences and needs, with optimized floor plans for comfortable living
- Revolutionary security technology and safety systems
- Fresh, personalized cuisine with healthy and great tasting menu options, and fruit-infused water and hydration stations in common areas
- Fun engagement programs to do all day and into the evening, and family invitations to parties, outings and performances
- In-house therapy with Fusion Healthcare
Touch. Move. Inspire. State Of The Art Fun...State Of The Art Love..
- 4175 East Bay Drive, Largo, FL 33764
- All-Inclusive Pricing for Assisted Living & Memory Care
- Nutritious mediterranean dining options available daily
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies available
- Live Music Daily
- Furniture provided at no extra cost
Specialized Memory Care Featuring Small, Homelike Cottages
- 620 Belleair Road, Clearwater, FL 33756
- 24-Hour Staff, Assistance w/ Activities of Daily Living and Personal Hygiene
- Activities Programs That Are Dementia-Specific
- Personal Culinary Experience
- Engaging Daily Social Programs
- Fully Secure Grounds w/ Walking Paths
Touch. Move. Inspire. State Of The Art Fun...State Of The Art Love..
- 1145 Ponce DeLeon Blvd, Belleair, FL 33756
- Complimentary 8-Hour private duty care for transition of new residents
- Physical, Occupational and speech therapies available
- Nutritious Mediterranean dining options available daily
- All-inclusive Pricing
- Dementia trained staf with memory centered activities all day, every day; Daily live music!
All inclusive Waterfront Retirement Community
- 420 Bay Ave., Clearwater, FL 33756
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing
- 3 Chef prepared meals, served in a restaurant setting
- Semi-Private, studios, One-Bedrooms, One-Bedroom Deluix, Two-Bedrooms
- Daily activities & Social Programs including Special Events and Outings
- Livrary with computer access, Fitness Room, Waterfront walking path, & full service beauty & barber shop.
A ProMedica Memory Care Community - Memory Care Is All We Do
- 9300 Antilles Street, Seminole, FL 33776
- 24-hour supervision by staff specially trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, professional nurses available 24-hours a day
- Structured programs and activities seven-days-a-week
- Management of challenging behaviors
- Three meals per day and snacks, plus assistance with dining and eating, if necessary
- Assistance with ADLs, weekly housekeeping and linen services
YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY, EVERY DAY
- 8333 Seminole Blvd., Seminole, FL 33772
- Luxury Resort Living
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- Distinctive Dining Rooms
- Sports and Recreation
- Maintenance-Free Lifestyle
YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY, EVERY DAY
- 7800 Liberty Lane, Seminole, FL 33772
- Beautifully designed gardens and courtyards, bridges and ponds, and shaded walking paths
- Multiple dining options, including a café/bistro and pub
- Fully equipped fitness center, indoor heated pool and spa
- Arts and crafts studio, game room and extensive libraries, full-service salon and barbershop, business center with computers and gGeneral store and postal services
- Daily cultural, social and/or educational programs, outings and more
A Caring and Creative Environment to Stimulate the Mind, Body & Soul
- 7821 Seminole Blvd, Seminole, FL 33772
- Quarterly care plan including weekly weights/vitals & monitoring at all times
- Field trips twice a month to museums, plays, theaters, parks & restaurants
- Special space for PT, OT, & Speech Therapy to follow up if needed and monitor progress
- Beauty Salon, Licensed Massage Therapy ($10 for a 20-minute massage), Library/Lounge Area
- Brain Fitness Program, Arts & Crafts Room, Built-in garden
Senior Living in Seminole, Florida
- 9000 86th Ave North, Seminole, FL 33777
- Gourmet Dining Menu
- Private Rooms with Half Bath
- Private Rooms with French doors to Sun Deck
- Beauty Center
- Library and Reading Room
THE MAGNOLIA AT MEASE LIFE
- 603 Virginia Street, Dunedin, FL 34698
- 32 private suites that form two 16-suite neighborhoods
- Communal areas for socialization with other residents and staff and secure, thoughtfully landscaped patio areas for safe outdoor exploration
- Licensed nursing staff available 24/7
- Three meals daily, plus snacks
- Daily and weekly housekeeping, including flat linens and towels
Senior Living Beyond Expectations - ASSISTED LIVING & MEMORY CARE IN CLEARWATER, FLORIDA
- 2010 Greenbriar Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33763
- Delicious chef-prepared meals, featuring fresh, local cuisine, served restaurant-style in the dining room
- A variety of daily activities, programs and events
pool, arts and cooking studios and beauty/barbershop
- Pond viewing area with fire pit, landscaped gardens and scenic walking path
- Dignified, personalized care
Connect. Grow. Thrive.
- 700 Mease Plaza, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Smoke-free campus just minutes away from beautiful downtown Dunedin and Dunedin waterfront
- Activities to keep your mind, body and spirit active and engaged
- Screened private balconies in each apartment
- Restaurant-style dining
- 24-hour emergency nursing services
- 880 Patricia Avenue, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Full calendar of social and recreational activities/ Escercise programs
- FREE scheduled local transportation, Housekeeping and laundry service
- Delicious restaurant-style meals, Beauty/Barber Salon
- Medication Management, Visiting physicians
- All -inclusive pricing
- 8980 49th Street North, Pinellas Park, FL 33782
Starting From : $2195
- All-inclusive pricing with FREE scheduled local transportation
- Delicious restaurant-style meals
- Beauty/Barber Salon/ Housekeeping and Laundry Service
- Full calendar of social and recreational activities and Exercise Programs
- Medication Management/Visiting Physicians
We Take Care of Moms and Dads
- 7179 40th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33709
- With our All-Day Dining menu, delicious and nutritious dishes are available throughout the day, allowing residents the freedom to eat when they want to.
- Engagement and personal connection builds confidence, increases brain and physical function, and puts smiles on faces.
- We offer a wide range of activities designed to promote active aging, including fitness classes, aquatics, strength training, yoga, tai chi, and balance classes.
- We take a holistic approach to resident health, inviting rehabilitation partners to also provide long-term therapy including physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
- Home Sweet Home is a program designed to ensure that all new residents receive a warm and inviting welcome when moving into our community.
Live Well in a Home-Like Community
- 1701 68th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710
- 24-Hour Nursing & Care, Assistance with ADLs
- Three Meals Served Daily, Plus Snacks
- Daily Exercise Classes, Planned Social Activities and Scheduled Transportation
- Housekeeping & Laundry Service
- Pet-Friendly Senior Living
Other Memory Care Communities in the Largo Area
Engaging the whole person, body, mind and spirit.
- 9797- Bay Pines Blvd, St. Petersburg, FL 33708
- Zero Entry Showers
- 24 Hour Professional Supervisory Staff
- Extensive Social Events, Planning and Recreational Activities
- Personalized Healthcare Management
- Transportation Services
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.