2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Lantana Area
Discover the Most Exquisite Senior Living Community in Palm Beach County
- 14313 Sims Rd, Delray Beach, FL 33484
- Visit Our Website
Pets Welcome Sidewalks Transportation Various Levels of Care Virtual/Video Tour
- Multiple beautiful floor plans to choose from
- Tuscan Gardens of Delray Beach is located on approximately 7.57 acres in Palm Beach County.
- Tuscan Gardens is much more than a beautiful, secure place to live. It is a warm, vibrant home filled with life! Our residents wake every day to so many opportunities to laugh, learn and love.
- Tuscan Gardens is rich with beauty, activity, laughter, and love; all combine to form our Signature Experience not found in other senior living communities.
- We put great emphasis on food – the aromas, textures, and flavors – and create Signature Senior Dining experiences worthy of our residents.
Welcome to Symphony at Delray Beach
- 4840 West Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33445
- Visit Our Website
Pets Welcome Restaurant Style Dining
- All Utilities are Included (including telephone & Wifi)
- Limited Nursing License
- Transportation Included
- All Day Dining
- Housekeeping and Laundry Included
18 Memory Care Communities in the Lantana Area
Assisted Living & Memory Care in Boynton Beach, FL
- From the fresh homemade bread baked daily to the healthy snack options at the bistro, you’re sure to find something to satisfy your cravings.
- Sit back and relax, or visit our manicured courtyard while our housekeeping staff keeps your apartment in perfect shape.
- With our licensed nurses available around-the-clock, assistance is always within reach no matter where you roam.
- Through rain, sleet, or shine, we keep our residents protected through advanced security measures and community-wide generators built to withstand the harshest storms.
- Wake up to beautiful views of the ocean in our apartments overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway and the beach.
Live a Lifestyle You’ll Love at The Carlisle at Palm Beach
- 450 E. Ocean Ave, Lantana, FL 33462
- Spacious one and two-bedroom apartment homes and penthouse suites
- Wide array of sophisticated programs and activities
- Comprehensive Wellness Center providing access to on-site health care programs
- Scheduled chauffeured transportation
- Housekeeping services
RETIRE TO GOOD COMPANY
- 2792 Donnelly Drive, Lantana, FL 33462
- Housekeeping, home maintenance and repairs, lawn care and landscaping
- Casual and fine-dining options, both with full table service
- Game and card rooms, library, computer center, art studio and salon and spa
- Indoor swimming pool, exercise classes and fitness center
- 24-hour concierge, on-site care and rehabilitation
A Pacifica Senior Living community
- 3061 Donnelly Drive, Lantana, FL 33462
- Beautiful Indoor Atrium, 3 Enclosed Courtyards, Theater, Library and Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Meals
- Emergency Call Systems in Every Apartment
- Dedicated, Tenured Staff on Duty 24-Hours a Day
- Personal Care Services, Including Help w/ Bathing, Dressing, Medications & More
The Best Choice in Senior Living
- 4735 NW 7th Ct, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- On-site Medical Director
- Professional Team Available 24 Hours a Day
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Health & Fitness Center
Serve | Care | Heal
- 2501 North A Street, Lake Worth, FL 33460
- Dementia care
- PT, OT and Speech therapies
- Social services, psychiatric and psychological services
- Cardiac care, post-stroke care, orthopedic care, bariatric care, pulmonary care
- Wound care, IV medication administration, dialysis, gastroenterology care
Dementia Care with Dignity
- 1613 SW 3rd Street, Boynton Beach, FL 33435
- An Apartment of Their Own With Visual & Distinctive Features
- Open Floor Plan for Easy Navigating and Resident Monitoring
- Homelike Atmosphere
- Dayroom That is the Centerpiece of Community Interaction
- Full Range of Activities
Inspiring a New Culture of Care
- 2939 South Haverhill Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
- Skilled Nursing
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically complex patients
Apartment-Style Living with Extraordinary Levels of Senior Care
- 5100 Cresthaven Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
- Medicaid & Veterans Benefits Accepted
- Restaurant Style Meals - Kosher & Regular
- Medical Alert System
- Full Time Activites
Your life, your way, every day.
- 1425 S. Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- 24/7 nursing
- Three meals included
- Social events
- Card and game room, activity studio, library, fitness center and gazebo
- Pet therapy
Specialized Memory Care
- 4760 Jog Road, Greenacres, FL 33467
- Encore Rediscovery Program and dementia-specific activities
- 24-hour professional staffing seven days a week
- Lifetime Fixed Pricing
- Furnished private or companion accommodations w/ private bath
- Group residents of cognitive ability in cottage environments
Compassionate Care in a Home-Like Community
- 3400 S Jog Rd, Greenacres, FL 33467
- 24-Hour Nursing & Care
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Delicious & Healthy Dining
- Private Suites with Kitchenette
- Housekeeping & Laundry Service
Specializing in memory care & assisted living
- 3005 S Congress Ave, Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Elegantly appointed high end architecturally designed apartments, with free TV and WIFI, call systems, and motion sensor night lighting designed to not interfere with nocturnal sleep patterns
- Gourmet Restaurant-style dining with indoor and outdoor seating under the covered loggia overlooking the courtyard and gardens, with specialty nutritional diets tailored to your needs are prepared by a skilled dietitian
- Secure courtyard with lush landscaping, destination pathways, sitting areas, putting green and croquet courts
- Assistance with daily living tasks on request (bathing, dressing, medications, etc.)
- Organized outings, planned educational, and live entertainment activities, as well as special planned celebrations of life
Inspiring a New Culture of Care
- 6414 13th Rd South, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
- Skilled Nursing
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
Exquisite Senior Living, Exceptional Value
- 9130 Hypoluxo Road, Lake Worth, FL 33467
- Two restaurants with full service and a bistro for more peaceful, no-frills dining
- Fitness-club-quality fitness center for your loved ones
- Wide-screen movie theater with digital background sound and an 80-seat auditorium for live shows and performances
- Picturesque, outdoor walking trail
- Around the clock emergency alert system
SENIOR LIVING IN LAKE WORTH, FLORIDA
- 9948 Woodwind Lane, Lake Worth, FL 33467
- Spacious studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments
- Kitchenettes with a microwave and refrigerator (in assisted living apartments)
- Bathrooms designed for safety and comfort
- Health and wellness team (including RN and certified caregivers)
- Calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
SUN'S OUT. FUN'S OUT.
- 2000 Lowson Boulevard, Delray Beach, FL 33445
- Three updated dining venues with a variety of fresh menu choices
- Full calendar of cultural, social, educational and recreational opportunities
- Research-based health and wellness program
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, medical appointments and local events
- Gated community offers safety and 24-hour security
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.