1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Lancaster Area
BEST SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY IN CHARLOTTE, NC
- Restaurant-Style Dining with Tableside Service
- Daily Activities, Recreation & Social Events
- Professional Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Pet-Friendly Community
- Move-In & Pharmacy Coordination
12 Memory Care Communities in the Lancaster Area
Redefining Retirement Living!
- Our goal is to assist residents with daily activities in a compassionate and dignified environment.
- Our on-site nurse manager consistently monitors resident service plans, and coordinates care needs with outside health care providers to support health and wellness goals.
- Extensive Community Amenities & Services including a Movie Theatre, Forever Fit Program , Craft Room, Fitness Rooms and so much more!
- We offer Fall Prevention Programs, Hydration Programs, Wellness Checks throughout the night, Sensory Retreats
- Montessori-based Dementia Program
A new retirement lifestyle created for YOU.
- All-day dining with chef-prepared meals in a variety of venues
- Cutting-edge technology and safety features to ensure overall health and wellness
- A wide variety of cultural, social, recreational, and educational activities and events
- Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping and off-site recreational outings
- Priority access to on-site assisted living and memory care services
A Community Focused on Family
1004 Hardin St, Lancaster, SC 29720
- 24-Hour Security
- Emergency Response System
- Daily Programming
- Complete Dining Program
Exceptional Senior Living
919 Fitzgerald Street, Monroe, NC 28112
- Clare Bridge is a Brookdale Senior Living community dedicated to serving the special care needs of individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. From our building design to our carefully selected staff and specialized programming and management, we focus on the individual needs of each resident and family we serve.
- Maintaining familiar daily routines is important for our Alzheimer's, dementia and memory care residents. Physical and behavioral needs, as well as life history each play integral roles. Each resident receives an individualized service plan designed to meet their unique needs and to help them feel safe while adding meaning to their day.
- Individuals working with Alzheimer's and dementia residents must have compassion and understanding. Our staff are carefully selected and trained to manage the challenges associated with dementia, which can sometimes be difficult. The Clair Bridge Daily Path provides a gentle structure to each day that targets specific needs of those with Alzheimer's and various types of levels of dementia.
- Our Clare Bridge community features peaceful surroundings and a home-like setting designed to re-create environments people have enjoyed throughout their lives. Interior spaces are scaled and decorated like those of a private home and enclosed walking areas give residents the opportunity to safely explore their surroundings.
A Retirement Community where life revolves around you!
- Elegant residences span a full continuum of lifestyle choices and services that cater to every need.
- enjoy a class at our fitness center, an evening at the pub with friends, or a movie with the grandchildren.
- No entrance fee; no buy in fee; no property purchase
- Offering a variety of dining options.
- Close proximity to refined shopping and recreation.
11230 Ballantyne Trace Ct, Charlotte, NC 28277-2791
- Card and game rooms, library
- Beauty salon
- Bistro and happy hour
Premier Assisted Living and Memory Care in Rock Hill, SC
1800 India Hook Road, Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Comfortable and spacious room options that include full, handicapped-equipped bathrooms; weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Wireless emergency response system available in each apartment.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting dining room.
- 24-hour access to personalized care services.
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
Welcome to the Karizma Infinities Family Care Home!
5601 Poplin Road, Indian Trail, NC 28079
- 1:6 Staff Ratio
- Individualized, Centered Care
- Monthly Medical Director Access
- 3 Delectable Home Cooked Meals/3 Appetizing Snacks Per Day
- Daily Activities, Trips, Shows and Concerts
Exceptional Senior Living
5515 Rea Road, Charlotte, NC 28226
- Emergency Alert System
- Wi-Fi Access Throughout
- Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Parlor, Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
13180 Dorman Road, Pineville, NC 28134
- On-site Ageility gym and speech, physical and occupational therapy
- 24/7 Front desk concierge and nursing staff
- Lifestyle360 activities, group trips and clubs
- Team members who focus on helping you thrive and stay engaged
- Three prepared, nutritious meals a day, served restaurant-style
Live Your Best Life in the Queen City
5800 Old Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226
- Four Level Care Community
- Rental Community
- Complete Therapy Department
- Spacious Apartments
- Support Services and Amenities Included
Welcoming Brighter Days
5114 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC 28226
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.