3 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Kings Mountain Area
3 Memory Care Communities in the Kings Mountain Area
A new retirement lifestyle created for YOU.
- All-day dining with chef-prepared meals in a variety of venues
- Cutting-edge technology and safety features to ensure overall health and wellness
- A wide variety of cultural, social, recreational, and educational activities and events
- Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping and off-site recreational outings
- Priority access to on-site assisted living and memory care services
WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR LOVED ONE, EVERYTHING MATTERS
- 101 Park Court, Gaffney, SC 29341
- The location provides a lifestyle with endless amenities and activities including a dedicated theater, salon, and plenty of activities to stimulate the body, mind and soul of each resident
- Located in a quiet setting, the campus is well-situated for its residents to enjoy its expansive offerings and take advantage of its manicured landscaping and picturesque scenery
- Gourmet dining options
- Our dedicated caregivers are specially trained to provide individualized, personal care that focuses on your specific needs
- Offering a newly updated boutique-like feeling!
Premier Assisted Living and Memory Care in Rock Hill, SC
- 1800 India Hook Road, Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Comfortable and spacious room options that include full, handicapped-equipped bathrooms; weekly housekeeping and laundry services.
- Wireless emergency response system available in each apartment.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting dining room.
- 24-hour access to personalized care services.
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
Other Memory Care Communities in the Kings Mountain Area
Summit Place of Kings Mountain
WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR LOVED ONE, EVERYTHING MATTERS.
- 1001 Phifer Road, Kings Mountain, NC 28086
- Assistance with grooming, bathing, and nail care
- Daily wellness checks
- Meals prepared by our Executive Chef
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary transportation for group activities
Morningside of Gastonia
- 2755 Union Road, Gastonia, NC 28054
- Private & Companion Suites
- Caring Well-Trained Staff
- 24-Hour Security Service
- Respite Stays Available
- Medication Management
Wickshire Steele Creek
Welcome to Wickshire Steele Creek
- 13600 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28278
- 24/7 Access to a Nurse
- Personalized Activities and Community Events
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Arts and Crafts Studio and Wellness Center
- Maintenance of Apartment, Community and Grounds
The Haven & The Laurels in the Village at Carolina Place
- 13180 Dorman Road, Pineville, NC 28134
- On-site Ageility gym and speech, physical and occupational therapy
- 24/7 Front desk concierge and nursing staff
- Lifestyle360 activities, group trips and clubs
- Team members who focus on helping you thrive and stay engaged
- Three prepared, nutritious meals a day, served restaurant-style
Brookdale South Park
Exceptional Senior Living
- 5326 Park Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209
- Comfortable, Intimate, Home-Like Setting with Interactive Life Stations
- Activities Involving the Senses, Music and Aromatherapy
- Specialized Staff Receive Ongoing Training for Dementia Care
- Four Separate Neighborhoods to Accommodate the Progressive Stages of Memory Loss
- In-Depth Team Approach to Optimize Health and Independence
The Cypress of Charlotte
The Perfect Place To Have The Time Of Your Life
- 3442 Cypress Club Drive, Charlotte, NC 28210
- The Cypress clubhouse features lakefront fine dining, casual dining in the veranda.
- Members purchase their homes and enjoy the equity build-up and other advantages of home ownership.
- Sixteen different floor plans offering sizes from 800 to 3,100 square feet
- Garages and covered parking are available
- A health center providing assisted living, Alzheimer's and skilled nursing care is also part of the community.
Brighton Gardens of Charlotte
Welcoming Brighter Days
- 6000 Park South Drive, Charlotte, NC 28210
- Senior living community in Charlotte, NC, offering assisted living, memory care, coordination of hospice care and short-term stays
- Situated in the heart of South Park near the Tyvola Senior Center, the South Park Mall, the Park Road Park and an abundance of local stores and restaurants
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
Summit Place of South Park
- 2101 Runnymede Lane, Charlotte, NC 28209
- Restaurant-style dining
- Emergency Pendant System
- In-house doctor visits
- Beauty salon/barbershop
Exceptional Senior Living
- 9108 Reames Road, Charlotte, NC 28216
- Specialized training for staff in Alzheimer's and memory care, which may include techniques like validation therapy, reminiscence and personal history, behavior management, and life enrichment activities, and others
- Specially designed and secured physical environments, intended to help residents remain oriented and comfortable in their surroundings
- Structured and unstructured activities throughout the day, for groups or individuals
- Therapeutic menus and dining assistance to ensure proper nutrition and hydration, which can help minimize the symptoms of dementia and maintain overall health
- Secured entrances and courtyards, to help protect residents who may display exit-seeking behavior
Charter Senior Living of Charlotte
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Charlotte, NC
- 3610 Randolph Road, Charlotte, NC 28211
- Beautiful home-like setting
- Convenient location
- Social, educational, devotional and recreational programs
- Personal hygiene and grooming, medication monitoring
Memory and Movement Charlotte
Navigating Complexities. Together.
- 411 Billingsley Road, Suite 103, Charlotte, NC 28211
- A small, intimate practice dedicated to a different kind of care
- Careful and thoughtful evaluation of your medical history, current symptoms and challenges
- Comprehensive physical exam and neurological testing
- Help to keep you safely at home as long as possible if this is your preferred environment
- Family meetings and education to support you and your caregivers on this journey
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.