11 Memory Care Communities in the Kentfield Area
The Premier Memory Care Community in Marin County
- 1111 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Kentfield, CA 94904
- 36 studio suites (private or semi-private)
- Family-style dining room with convenient dining hours
- Freshly prepared meals and snacks three times daily
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- On-site hair salon
Embrace Engaging Senior and Assisted Living in Novato, CA, at Atria Tamalpais Creek!
- 853 Tamalpais Avenue, Novato, CA 94947
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
Where Caring People Do Make The Difference
- 750 North McDowell Boulevard, Petaluma, CA 94954
- Monthly Rental (no buy-ins or large upfront fees)
- Registered Nurse on duty
- Administrators and Resident Assistants have extensive training in all aspects of caring for those living with dementia
- Life Enrichment Program designed specifically to engage the each resident in meaningful activities.
- Respite care for short stays as well as hospice for end-of-life care
From Our Home Cooked Meals to Our Community Cat & Dog, You'll Feel Right at Home.
- 815 Wood Sorrel Drive, Petaluma, CA 94954
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
The kind of living you’ll love.
- 300 Fountaingrove Parkway, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Set on 15 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds
- 162 apartments on three floors
- Feels like home the moment you walk through the doors
- Lovely dining room, TV room and library
- Wide range of activities each month, including wine country tours and tastings, shopping and dining outings
Take a tour, enjoy a gourmet meal on us and experience the premier lifestyle awaiting you at Oakmont.
- 4200 Thomas Lake Harris Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Our common areas include luxurious accommodations for comfort and memory care success.
- Our outdoor areas provide a natural setting to engage the senses and bring back fond memories.
- Our movie theatre provides familiar voices, images, and even the smell of fresh popcorn to engage residents.
- At The Terraces our residents will find activity areas to draw upon previous hobbies and interests.
- Our residents will also enjoy music stations with pre-programmed selections just for them.
We are the LGBT & Friends Retirement Community you have been searching for...
- 4210 Thomas Lake Harris Dr., Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Fountaingrove Lodge provides luxury living that cannot be explained but must be experienced
- Full time concierge, health & fitness programs, world class chefs, and even chauffeur service
- Swimming Pool, Orchard, Bocce Court, Pet Park, Lanai Dining, and Resident Gardens
- Residents feel peace of mind knowing they have the option of Fountaingrove Lodge's Signature in-home continued care services
- Schedule a tour today to experience the luxury
Luxury Senior Living in Santa Rosa
- 1397 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Villa Capri offers an unrivaled continuum of care plan.
- Our Executive Chef makes each meal a fine dining experience.
- Complimentary Concierge Service makes daily tasks easier than ever.
- Complimentary Transportation Service makes getting around town a breeze.
- Professional and Courteous staff that is here to serve you 24/7.
We are the Luxury Retirement Community you have been searching for...
- 1401 Fountaingrove Parkway, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Each of our floor plans offer a luxurious aesthetic and unrivaled amenities for maximum comfort.
- Our Private Theater is complete with Popcorn Machine, Luxurious Leather Seating, and Surround Sound.
- Our fitness center has the latest exercise equipment and a layout that makes working out enjoyable.
- Our elegant restaurant-style dining along with our Executive Chef make each meal an experience.
- Additional Resident Meals, Guest Meals & Catering, Meals Delivered to Your Home, Day Trips & Excursions, Personal Assistance, Chauffeured Transportation Beyond Ten Miles, Grocery Shopping, Errands, Guest Suites, Pet Care, Dry Cleaning, Personal Laundry, and more.
The Best Value in Emeryville Senior Living
- 1440 40th Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
- Three delicious chef-prepared meals per day
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Dynamic calendar of classes, activities and outings
- Coordination with health care providers
- Best Move move-in coordination service
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3255 Villa Lane, Napa, CA 94558
- Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with an outdoor courtyard and nestled in the heart of the Napa Valley
- 83 apartments on two floors
- Our common areas, including our lovely dining room, library and TV room, give residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another
- Convenient to shopping, with Safeway, Lucky's, Marshalls, Wal-Mart, Target, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods
- State-of-the-art computerized resident evaluation program called wE Care
Other Memory Care Communities in the Kentfield Area
Brookdale Paulin Creek
California Senior Living at its Finest
- 2375 Range Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Emergency response system for added peace of mind
- Basic cable included
- Patio/balcony for private outdoor living space
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.