11 Memory Care Communities in the Greenwood Area
- 3021 Stella Drive, Greenwood, IN 46143
- Private and Companion Apartment Homes
- Home-style food at the Family Table
- Registered Nurse Provides Care Coordination
- Life Enrichment & Support Programs
- Every customized service plan is all inclusive, with no hidden charges
The Wellington at Southport – Senior Living in Indianapolis, Indiana
- 7212 Us Highway 31 South, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Several floor plans of varying square footage
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- A diverse, full-time activities program for premier senior living and elder care
- Scheduled transportation to off-site activities and appointments
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service
Greenwood Village South is a Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis.
- 295 Village Lane, Greenwood, IN 46143
- Library / Beauty Salon / Barber Shop
- Cafe-Bistro with outside courtyard seating
- Fitness Center (including a personal trainer and senior-specific exercise equipment)
- Woodworking shop / Billiard Room / Card Room
- Convenience Store / Full-service bank
Learn more about our rich history and vibrant community by visiting our charming grounds.
- 690 State Street, Franklin, IN 46131
- Independent Living accommodations are houses, apartments, and duplexes located on IMH property that is not part of the congregate living studios and apartments.
- Residential Living accommodations are studios and apartments located in the congregate living area of the IMH property.
- The Assisted Living Center's approach is to respect your autonomy while providing you the individualized help designed just for you.
- Special Memory Care accommodations are closely associated with the Medical and Wellness Center on the IMH property.
- The Indiana Masonic Home is a premier provider of short-term rehabilitation care.
For Generations To Come...
- 75 S. Milford Drive, Franklin, IN 46131
- Spacious Resident Visiting Areas
- Nutritious Dining Program
- Health, Wellness & Medication Management
- Planned Activities & Scheduled Trips
- Inclusive Utilities
Our retirement community offers spacious apartments and top-notch amenities, making it a perfect home.
- 8800 Spoon Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- Gracious dining room featuring three meals per day
- Wellness center with space for physician visits, therapy and spa services
- Courtyards and covered porches
- Whether you prefer an intimate alcove studio, a spacious one bedroom, or a generous two bedroom, GreenTree has an apartment to suit your lifestyle
- All apartments have a private en suite bath, spacious closets, and kitchenettes.
The Harrison – Senior living in Indianapolis, Indiana
- 3060 Valley Farms Road, Indianapolis, IN 46214
- Beautiful three-story garden atrium with fireplace
- Weekly full-service housekeeping, linen service
- Daily social, educational, and recreational activities
- Restaurant and private dining room
- Complimentary manicures
Personalized Care As Unique As Those We Serve
- 182 S County Road 550E, Avon, IN 46123
- A varied menu with three nutritious meals each day served restaurant-style in the dining room
- Lounge and recreation areas
- Excursions to restaurants, theaters, museums, parks, sporting events, etc.
- Well-stocked library
- Fitness center/wellness programs
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Indianapolis, IN
- 5011 Kessler Blvd East, Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily, featuring a variety of menu choices
- Daily afternoon socials
- Social and educational programs for families
- Social, educational, devotional and recreational programs
- Private or companion suites complete with full bath and a choice of floor plans
Indiana Senior Living at its Finest
- 5354 W. 62nd St., Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Our dining program offers a choice of lunch or dinner daily prepared with only the freshest ingredients.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every other week.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to shopping and your personal appointments (pre-arranged).
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do
- Our staff is available around the clock for your peace of mind.
Explore the reﬁned brilliance that makes Marquette the place to be.
- 8140 Township Line Road, Indianapolis, IN 46260
- Indoor Pool and Spa
- Two Hair Salons
- Gift Shop/Convenience Store
- Bi-Weekly Housekeeping
- Technology Center
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.