1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Greensboro Area
Where retirement living takes on a whole new spirit.
- Licensed nursing supervision and certified nurse assistants are available 24 hours a day
- Special attention is paid to specific resident needs, including familiar daily routines
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies available.
1 Memory Care Communities in the Greensboro Area
Dedicated To Compassionate Service Secure, Supportive, and Accepting
- 1510 Deep River Road, High Point, NC 27265
- Alzheimer/Dementia Care
- Assisted Living
- Respite Services
- Physical Therapy Occupational Therapy Speech Therapy
Other Memory Care Communities in the Greensboro Area
The Memory Care Center from Well-Spring Solutions
Take a break! Let us care for your loved one
- 2701 Henry Street, Greensboro, NC 27415
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack
- Monitoring of medical and health needs
- Daily exercise program and recreational activities
- Instruction/assistance with personal and health care needs
- Intergenerational experiences and stimulating activities for persons of all backgrounds
Abbotswood at Irving Park
Premier independent retirement living on an affordable monthly rental basis
- 3504 Flint Street, Greensboro, NC 27405
- Independent and Assisted Living
- One- and two-bedroom apartment homes
- Three meals available daily
- Full activities calendar
- Healthy Strides program
Morningview at Irving Park
- 3200 North Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27408
- In-house doctor visits
- Activity studio and game room
- Professional & courteous staff
- Activities program & daily activities
Where Senior Living Thrives
- 3823 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro, NC 27455
- Intimate, cozy, one-story memory care community with secured entry doors and courtyard
- Full-time RN on staff
- Social, recreational and educational activities
- Specialized Alzheimer's and dementia trained supportive caregivers
- Pets welcomed!
Carriage House Senior Living Community
- 3896 N. Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27455
- In-house physician and 24 hour on-site care staff
- Respite care
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Individualized care plan
- Social, educational, recreational and spiritual activities
Brookdale Lawndale Park
Exceptional Senior Living
- 4400 Lawndale Dr, Greensboro, NC 27455
- Secured Unit, Exterior Door Alarmed at All Times
- Individualized Activities Programming
- Nutritious Meals Planned by a Registered Dietician
- On Site Beauty Shop & Supervised Spa Areas
- Trained Staff On Site 24 Hours a Day
A Kisco Community
- 801 Meadowood Street, Greensboro, NC 27409
- Full-service retirement community - Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartment homes with large walk-in closets
- Flexible meal plan including 3 meals per day
- 24-hour security, emergency call system and on-site Home Health Agency
- Full events calendar, wellness program and transportation included
WellSpring Retirement Community
A Ripple of Excitement is Everywhere...at WELL-SPRING
- 4100 Wellspring Drive, Greensboro, NC 27410
- Geriatric nurse practitioner and physician who conduct regular on-site office hours
- Aquatic and fitness center
- Woodworking & hobby shop, art studios
- Comfortable, inviting common areas and courtyard
- Two dining options, a lounge and a private dining room to suit our residents’ tastes.
Brighton Gardens of Greensboro
Welcoming Brighter Days
- 1208 New Garden Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410
- Life-Enriching Activity Programs
- Wide Range of Care Available
- Specialized Program For Memory Impairment
- On-Site Nurses
- Weekend Manager On Duty
Spring Arbor of Greensboro
Visit us to SEE and FEEL the difference!
- 4008 D Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27410
- 24-hour staff and emergency response system
- Person-centered care
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- Full calendar of events, activities and outings
- Specialized, secure memory care
Brookdale High Point North
Exceptional Senior Living
- 1564 Skeet Club Rd, High Point, NC 27265
- On-Site Rehabilitation
- Life Enrichment Programs
- Respite Care Available
- Completely Secured Community
- 24-Hour Nursing Staff
Twin Lakes Community
Live, learn and grow at a place where community comes first.
- 3701 Wade Coble Dr, Burlington, NC 27215
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Fully Accredited
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Nursing
- Affordable Admission Fees
- $52,000.00 - $285,000.00
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.