11 Memory Care Communities in the Greendale Area
Welcome to Harbour Village - Senior Living in Greendale
- 5700 Mockingbird Lane, Greendale, WI 53129
- Three chef-inspired meals each day, served restaurant style
- Wellness Center featuring onsite physical, occupational and speech therapies
- A variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Pet Friendly
New Friends are Just Around the Corner
- 9200 W. Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI 53228
- Independent - The choices range from studio apartments to large two bedroom apartments with balconies and luxury amenities.
- Assisted Living - Choices range from studio apartments featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to large two bedroom apartments with balconies.
- Dementia Care - Both studio and one bedroom apartments with private bathrooms are available.
- Three delicious meals are freshly prepared in our kitchen daily.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
Friendship and Support for Enjoying Every Day
- 5301 West Lincoln Avenue, West Allis, WI 53219
- Three delicious meals offered per day, served restaurant-style (Two meal included per day)
- Choice of spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Relaxation spa with whirlpool
- Library, beauty parlor and barbershop and country store
- Computer Center and Library
Live life to the fullest at St. Rita Square
- 728 E Pleasant Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- 9-foot ceilings with floor to ceiling windows
- Heat & air conditioning, controlled by individual thermostats
- Water, electricity, cable TV, Wi-Fi and landline phones included in rent
- Stainless steel appliances and in-unit washer & dryer
- Restaurant-style dining room
Faith is the Heart of Our Home
- 3800 North 92nd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Chef prepared,like home cooked meals' are served modified restaurant style in our three dining rooms
- Lounges and porches are located throughout the building to offering opportunities for residents to socialize, visit with friends and family, spend some quiet time out of their room or apartment or enjoy our beautiful grounds.
- Located next door to the other, the Inglenook and,Country Store' are places to visit, share an ice cream sundae or root beer float, pick up toiletries, cards or a candy treat.
- Our licensed hairdressers and barbers provided services onsite four days per week.
- Our outdoor areas of parks, walking paths with outdoor Stations of the Cross, the pond, gardens can be seen from every resident room.
A Life Plan Community
- 4545 North 92nd Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53225
- Daily dining options
- Beauty & barber shops & ice cream parlor
- Life enrichment opportunities & trips
- Guest rooms for visitors
- A full continuum of care
Be Inspired. Everyday!
- 100 W. River Woods Parkway, Glendale, WI 53217
- Brand-new community offering Assisted Living and A Knew Day Memory Care
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- VIVA!SM programming designed around the seven dimensions of wellness: social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, occupational and environmental
- All-day dining available in the Grand View Dining room, featuring delicious, farm-to-table selections using fresh, flavorful and nutritious ingredients
- Luxurious amenities, including the Silver Spring theater, Glen Library, Bayside Piano Lounge and Sundara Salon and Spa
The Best Decision You Can Make For Your Loved One
- 9350 West Fond Du Lac Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53225
- Formal dining area, three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Healthy, personalized menus that meet food preferences and are medically appropriate
- Attentive caregivers who will get to know you and your loved one, and listen closely to your needs
- Highly-skilled and trained nurses
- A wide range of activities, including arts and crafts, movie night, games and more
Retirement for the Young at Heart
- 1805 Kensington Drive, Waukesha, WI 53188
- Independent - The choices range from cozy studio apartments, with a full kitchen and private bath, to large two bedroom apartments.
- Assisted Living - Apartment choices range from studios to two bedroom apartments all featuring a complete kitchen and private bath.
- Three delicious home-style meals are offered daily and served in a restaurant-style setting for pleasurable dining experiences.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation to pre-planned outings, and the use of Oak Hill Terrace's complete facilities (country store, bank, chapel, hair salon, wellness center, and more) are also included.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can also be arranged as desired.
Designed Around an Active Lifestyle
- 1700 W. Bender Road, Glendale, WI 53209
- Independent - The choices range from elegant studios to large two bedroom apartments all with a full kitchen and private bath, some with balconies.
- Assisted Living - Choices range from studios featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to large two bedroom apartments.
- Dementia Care - Both studio and one bedroom apartments with private bathrooms are available.
- 24-hour staffing and emergency response, scheduled transportation and use of Laurel Oaks' complete facilities are available at no additional cost.
- Three freshly prepared and delicious meals are served daily in our lovely dining room.
Welcome to The Auberge at Oak Village
- W128 N6900 Northfield Drive, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Large Private and Semi Private Suites
- Walk In Showers
- Individualized Health Care Plans
- Outdoor Walking Paths
Other Memory Care Communities in the Greendale Area
Brookdale of Brookfield
Quality Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Community in Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 15100 West Capitol Drive, Brookfield, WI 53005
- Morning Mental Workout - Daily late morning mental exercises including discussions, brain stimulating games, and reminiscing.
- Daily Physical Activity - A variety of exercise opportunities including group exercises, walking programs and dancing.
- Daily Life Skills - Individual or group activities that provide a sense of purpose, meaning, and belonging.
- Person Centered Life Enrichment Programming - Activities are designed using the resident's own social history information as a foundation.
- We provide you with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. All of the meals we offer are selected by a registered dietician to ensure optimal nutritional value.
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.