1 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Grants Pass Area
Welcome to The Suites Assisted Living and Memory Care
- 1301 SE Parkdale Drive, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Chef-prepared seasonal menus with fresh ingredients
- Light maintenance and scheduled housekeeping services
- Wellness programs to enhance mind, body and spirit
- Coordinated transportation to shopping, events, restaurants and cultural activities
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and tastefully designed living spaces
6 Memory Care Communities in the Grants Pass Area
Rediscover the Joy of Life
- 1357 Redwood Circle, Grants Pass, OR 97527
- Choice of available private or companion living senior apartments
- All utilities except basic cable and telephone included
- Three homemade meals served restaurant-style each day, in our elegant dining room
- A diverse, full-time activities program for premier senior living and elder care
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service
- 1530 Poplar Drive, Medford, OR 97504
- Care giving staff on-site 24 hours per day
- Three nutritious home-style meals per day
- Weekly housekeeping & personal laundry
- Coordination of transportation needs
- Full calendar of activities
Celebrate Life at Every Age
- 3150 Juanipero Way, Medford, OR 97504
- Expressions Memory Care Program
- Coordinated rehabilitative and home health services
- Restaurant-style dining
- Weekly housekeeping, linen and cleaning service
- Social events calendar with activities, happy hours and educational opportunities
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3400 Now Edenbower Blvd., Roseburg, OR 97470
- Life Engagement program
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Three meals and snacks
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Secure courtyard and garden
Welcome to Callahan Court Memory Care
- 1770 NW Valley View Dr., Roseburg, OR 97471
- Family-style meals served three times daily and favorite snacks throughout the day.
- Opportunities for individual and group activities, including gardening, cooking, music movies and reminiscing.
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Residents can rewind and relax with spa services like manicures and pedicures.
- Our community provides residents with a variety of clubs, including Social Club, Walking Club, Book Club, and many other choices.
Welcome to Siskiyou Springs Senior Living!
- 351 Bruce Street, Yreka, CA 96097
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.