2 Featured Memory Care Communities in the Atlantic Beach Area
It’s Been Called “The First Choice for Senior Living” But We Just Call It “Home”
- Desirable open concept design with 7 distinct models available
- Restaurant-quality Sensations Dining
- High-tech, senior-specific fitness center & beauty salon & barbershop
- Pet-friendly with enclosed courtyard and walking paths
- Tiki bar and fishing pier
Bilingual in Spanish and English
- 6856 St. Augustine Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32217
- 3 Nutritious, and Well Balanced Meals and Diets
- Everyday Laundry and House Keeping Services
- Recreational Activities
- Monitoring and Assistance of Health
- Professional, Trained Staff With More Than 20 Years Experience
15 Memory Care Communities in the Atlantic Beach Area
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- We offer the finest senior living experience for those needing assisted living or memory care services.
- We are a unique assisted living residence that encourages an active lifestyle and daily fun for seniors.
- We combines the comforts of home and the peace of mind that comes from knowing that a compassionate, around-the-clock staff is fully committed to serving resident needs.
- Our Memory Care program addresses the needs of the whole person, taking into account emotional, spiritual, mental, social needs and the physical symptoms of the disease
- Our House's Memory Care community is specialized and secure for residents who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Almost Home Beaches Offers Assisted Living & Memory Care in Atlantic Beach, FL
- 100 W. 1st Street, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Personal care for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory impairment disorders (Lewy Body, Parkinson's, frontal-temporal lobe dementias)
- A positive environment focused on daily enjoyment filled with love and the human touch
- Gentle care tailored to meet the specialized needs of your loved one
Dockside Assisted Living in the Atlantic Beach Area of Jacksonville, FL
- 905 Assisi Lane, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- Family owned and operated with over 100 years of combined industry experience.
- Paved natural walking areas.
- Award winning chef onsite who combines exquisite taste and quality nutrition.
- 15 acre property surrounded by nature views from every window!
- Best of all, a team of warm, caring and compassionate staff dedicated to our seniors.
ACTIVE . VIBRANT . DOWNTOWN . COASTAL.
- 1315 2nd Ave. North, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Private residential suites including all utilities, television, phone and internet
- Extended Congregate Care services provided by licensed clinical professionals
- Spacious dining, living and recreational areas include a library and arts and craft studio
- Three nutritious meals, prepared daily
- Scheduled transportation to and from appointments, shopping and more
CREATING MEANINGFUL MOMENTS
- 3455 San Pablo Road, S., Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Wide Variety of Experiences and Excursions
- Discreet and Respectful 24/7 Attention
- Nutrient-Dense, Chef-Prepared Meals
- Pet-Friendly Community (Additional Fees Apply)
- Less Than 10 Minutes from Jacksonville Beach
Welcome to The Windsor at San Pablo
- 4000 San Pablo, Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Elegant homestyle architecture
- Five distinctive apartment styles
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Common living room, game room, and library
- Uptown Theater
Assisted senior living and memory care in Jacksonville, FL
- 14199 Wm Davis Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32224
- 3 Chef-Prepared Meals Per Day
- Daily Educational, Social, Cultural, and Fitness Opportunities
- Scheduled Bus and Sedan Transportation
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Support Group
- Emergency Alert System
YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY, EVERY DAY
- 4600 Middleton Park Circle East, Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Cypress Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care for seniors.
- Our dining program offers resort stylelunch and dinner daily prepared with only the freshest ingredients.
- In independent living, light housekeeping is performed weekly. In assisted living, housekeeping will clean every day.
- In independent living, we launder your linens and towels weekly.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provide service to shopping and restaurants as well as your personal destinations.
Jacksonville Senior Living at its Finest
- 9960 Atrium Way, Jacksonville, FL 32225
- The Atrium at Jacksonville offers Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care services for seniors.
- Our full service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients and a variety of menu options.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment every week.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door to door services to shopping, restaurants, and your personal appointments (pre-arranged).
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
It's not like home. It is home.™
- 10061 Sweetwater Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes
- Housekeeping and maintenance, including linen service
- Theater, library and billiards room
- True restaurant dining featuring seasonal menus and healthy choices
- Beauty salon and day spa
Exceptional Senior Living
- 8929 R.G. Skinner Parkway, Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville
- Sun-filled private residential suites with private baths
- Enclosed screen patio and covered porch for outdoor enjoyment
- Comfortably furnished and beautifully decorated dining, living and recreational areas
- Personalized Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Daily activity programming that meets the unique physical, social and spiritual need of our residents.
Exceptional Senior Living
- 9601 Southbrook Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Weekly housekeeping
- Cultural, social and or educational programs daily
- Priority access to on-site assisted living accommodations
- Scheduled transportation provided
- Health and wellness services
Exceptional Senior Living
- 6895 Belfort Oaks Place, Jacksonville, FL 32216
- With assisted living, our trained caregivers can help with daily living tasks like medication management, mobility and coordination with outside healthcare providers.
- Memory care offers specially designed environments and associates trained to care for seniors living with cognitive challenges, including Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- We invest in getting to know you, so our calendars reflect our residents’ unique interests and abilities. No matter what you’re in the mood to try, there’s something for everyone.
- Our memory care activity calendar offers fun activities, too, like big band music, cupcake socials, trivia games and manicures.
- Restaurant-style dining in our spacious, sunlight-filled dining room with healthy and delicious meals made with seasonal ingredients.
Welcoming Brighter Days
- 4870 Belfort Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Access to our family engagement app, allowing family members to see photos and videos of their loved one, as well as the community’s activities calendar, dining menu, announcements, and more
- Sunrise CareConnect, an electronic health record system that promotes highly individualized care.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
A dynamic, fun and welcoming place to be!
- 7620 Timberlin Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Studio and one-bedroom apartments
- Full-time Activity Director creates engaging live entertainment, off-site outings, and group activities
- 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day served restaurant-style in our dining room
- Weekly housekeeping, including linen laundering, and daily changing and making beds
- Professional and trained clinical staff available 24-hours a day
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.