20 Memory Care Communities in the Altamonte Springs Area
Experience the Difference
- Spacious lounges, exercise room & activity room
- Beautiful courtyard with swimming pool
- Emergency electric back-up and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refridgerator, sink & cabinets
- Close to area shopping, hospital and medical plaza's
High above the rest
- One complimentary meal daily. Select from new menu options each day, served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- Weekly maid service including: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom and general housekeeping.
- General maintenance: repairs and replacement of appliances; heating; air conditioning; plumbing; fixture and equipment maintenance; and improvements.
- A host of scheduled social, recreational, educational, cultural and spiritual programs, including: guest speakers; receptions; field trips; entertainment; games; movies; and a variety of special events.
- Transportation to/from medical appointments, shopping and errands.
We're here when you need us
- 24/7 security provided by Orlando Lutheran Towers' own expertly trained personnel
- Transportation to/from medical appointments, shopping and errands
- A holistic wellness program that includes: Nautilus equipments, fitness classes, Thai Chi, Yoga, walking groups and a full-time personal trainer
- Other available services include: massage therapy, 24-hour emergency assistance and home health care
Intimate Retirement Living
Starting from $3595 per month
- Calm, Friendly Environment
- Well-trained & Caring Staff
- Indoor Atrium, Bright Hallways
- Well Appointed Dining Room & Activities Center
- Separate Dining Room & Activities Center
Intimate Retirement Living
Starting from $2695 per month
- Resturant Style Dining
- Pets Welcome
- Lush Landscape
- Step In Showers
- Individual Climate Control
Exceptional Senior Living
- 217 Boston Ave, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Coffee Shop
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Outdoor Pool
- 24-Hour Staff
Our team strives so your family thrives
- 7255 Strive Place, Fern Park, FL 32730
- Chef-prepared dining, served restaurant-style
- Salon and barber shop
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Full calendar of educational, social and cultural activities/Wi-Fi access
- Licensed nurse on site 24/7
Quality Assisted Living
- 201 Sunset Drive, Casselberry, FL 32707
- 24-hour staffing
- Three meals daily with meal reminders
- Social and Recreational Programs
- Bathing assistance twice a week, grooming & personal hygiene assistance
- Scheduled transportation to local medical appointments and shopping
Award-Winning Memory Care in Longwood, Florida
- 425 S. Ronald Reagan Blvd., Longwood, FL 32750
- Choice of private or companion floor plans
- Small neighborhood design to encourage interaction
- Open floor plans to assist with wayfinding and visual cueing to assist with orientation
- Controlled building access and double barrier exits
- Licensed nursing supervision on-site 24 hours/day
INDEPENDENT BY NATURE
- 500 Village Pl, Longwood, FL 32779
- Restaurant-style dining
- Extensive calendar of activities and events
- Weekly housekeeping service and flat linen service
- Community-sponsored trips
- 24-hour security and gated entrance
Experience Your Own Personal Oasis
- 1620 Mayflower Court, Winter Park, FL 32792
- Elegant apartments to suit every need
- Waterfront Villas in a picturesque setting
- Amenities of a luxury resort
- Fine and casual dining options
- Housekeeping service (biweekly)
- 4711 Beggs Road, Orlando, FL 32810
- Three meals daily
- Private and companion rooms with free cable TV, private decks and garden areas
- Emergency response system
- Medication management
- Wi-Fi/high-speed internet
Oakmonte Village at Lake Mary offers a state-of-the-art resort-like lifestyle with endless amenities and activities.
- 1021 Royal Garden Cir, Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Located within easy reach of financial services, golf courses, shopping and entertainment
- Each residence includes many upscale features
- Full-size bathrooms with large cabinet vanities and linen closets
- Fine restaurant-quality dining, a bistro cafe and a state-of-the-art theater
- 24-hour reception desk to assist residents and visitors
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Winter Springs, FL.
- 1016 Willa Springs Dr, Winter Springs, FL 32708
- Individual Climate Control
- Fitness Program
- Extensive Daily Activity Program Includes a Wide Variety of Community Outings and Events
A ProMedica Memory Care Community
- 1057 Willa Springs Drive, Winter Springs, FL 32708
- 24-hour supervision by staff specially trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Professional nurses available 24-hours a day
- Structured programs and activities seven-days-a-week
- Three meals per day and snacks
- Assistance with personal hygiene, dressing, mobility—help with walking, transferring from bed, and dining, if necessary
Exceptional Senior Living
- 203 South Wekiwa Springs Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- Emergency Alert System
- Keypad Entry
- Ice Cream Parlor and Snack Shop
- Gardening/Greenhouse and Walking Paths
Caring to Exceed Expectations
- 3655 W. Lake Mary Blvd., Lake Mary, FL 22746
- Scheduled transportation to shopping and excursions
- Personal concierge services
- Enhanced fitness classes & wellness checks
- Landscaped grounds , courtyard and patios for relaxing
- Pets are Welcome program (PAW)
Our Goal is to Care, Heal and Provide Incomparable Service
- 2000 North Semoran Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32807
- 24-Hour Nursing Care with Extensive Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehab & Respite Care
- Pain Management, IV Therapies & Tracheotomy Care
- Daily Activities & Transportation
- Accommodations Tailored to Meet the Needs of the Individual
Comfortable and affordable retirement for Lutherans since 1948!
- 2041 West State Road 426, Oviedo, FL 32765
- A faith based community offering a supportive environment where an emphasis is placed on spiritual, physical, intellectual and social wellness
- Our Life Lease Apartment Homes offer a simplified, maintenance-free independent living lifestyle with many extras
- Healthcare Services from Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care and Home Care
- You can be as busy as you want to be with a wide variety of activities
- Assisted Living services are available to all members of the community, regardless of religious affiliation and we have a dedicated Admissions Counselor and Social Worker to assist with the medical and insurance paperwork.
VITALITY LIVING LAKE FOREST IS REDESIGNING SENIOR LIVING IN FLORIDA WITH YOU IN MIND.
- 5433 West State Road 46, Sanford, FL 32771
- 24-hour staff
- Alzheimer’s and dementia support group
- Emergency alert pendant or wristband
- Escort and transfer assistance available
- Full-service salon and spa
Other Memory Care Communities in the Altamonte Springs Area
The Palms of Longwood
A Place to Call Home
- 480 E. Church Ave., Longwood, FL 32750
- On-site Physician & Nursing Oversight
- Housekeeping, Laundry and Linen Service
- 3 Meals Daily
- Assistance Bathing, Dressing, and Grooming
- Private and Companion Suites
What is Dementia, Alzheimer’s, & Memory Care?
Memory Care is a long-term residential care option in senior housing that provides specialized, around-the-clock care to older adults living with all types of dementia. Memory Care, also referred to as Alzheimer’s Care or Dementia Care, may become necessary once cognitive disorders reach a stage that makes living at home or receiving care at home too difficult. It’s common to find a Memory Care unit within an Assisted Living community, often in a specialized building or neighborhood. Memory Care housing may also be found in a Continuing Care Retirement Community, a Skilled Nursing Facility, Nursing Home or as a standalone entity or community.
Dementia vs Alzheimer’s
Dementia is a broad term applied to a group of symptoms related to a decline in mental function that is severe enough to interfere with daily living. Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injuries are all linked to dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific brain disorder, and the most common form of dementia, that destroys memory and cognitive skills over time. Both dementia and Alzheimer’s may result in memory loss, mood swings, speech impairment, confusion/hallucinations and incontinence.
When Might Memory Care be Necessary?
It may be time to look into a memory care community if you’re concerned for your loved one’s health and safety due to one or more of the following issues:
- Wandering from home or getting lost on familiar routes
- Forgetting to turn off stoves or other appliances
- Changes in personality, such as aggression or hostility
- Misplacing items and forgetting important dates and names
- Incoherent thoughts and speech
- Impaired judgment
- Physical changes, including weight loss, poor hygiene and falls or unexplained bruises
- Unpaid bills, insufficient or spoiled food in the home, pets and/or housekeeping are neglected
- Changes in health and behavior that are beyond your family’s ability to manage
What is the Difference between Memory Care and Assisted Living?
Memory Care and Assisted Living communities both providing housing, meals, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, toileting and walking. However, Memory Care communities offer additional features that are specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, in the following areas:
- Safety: Memory Care communities typically have locked entrances and exits with keypad codes, door alarms and enclosed outdoor spaces. Staff will also escort residents to and from meals and activities.
- Layout: Soothing spaces, color-coded walls and common rooms clearly marked with pictures to help reduce confusion.
- Activities: While both Assisted Living and Memory Care communities both offer activities that encourage socialization, Memory Care communities often include therapies and exercises that help maintain cognitive skills and increase relaxation, such as occupational, art or music therapies. They also have predictable schedules and follow set routines.
- Staff and Training: The staff in a Memory Care community are trained to manage wandering, and to redirect behaviors common to dementia, such as agitation, confusion, aggression and anxiety. There is 24/7 care, a higher staff-resident ratio and personalized care plans.
A Memory Care community can offer your loved one more independence, engagement, safety and specialized support, along with peace of mind for you. Begin your search for a Memory Care community using our US map above. Our search results include facility pictures, descriptions, floor plans and pricing where available.