12 Independent Living Communities in the Valencia Area
Enjoy An Active Retirement with Maintenance-Free Living at The Woodlands!
- 100 Laurel Oak Drive, Valencia, PA 16059
- Gorgeous grounds with gardens, trails, fishing ponds, a putting green, and a pavilion
- Unlimited golf at two courses
- Active recreation calendar with many different activities every week, including parties and entertainment
- Nutritious meals delivered twice a day from Arbors Valencia
- Crystal Conservatories heated pool is available year-round and is ideal for aquatic exercise and recreation; Exercise center for all levels of fitness; Gaming areas for group sports; Library
Independent Retirement Living at The Village in Greater Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 5850 Meridian Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Three interconnecting buildings with 252 apartments
- One-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans
- Library, billiards room, bank, hair salon and more in our indoor mall
- Wide variety of social and recreational activities, including parties, entertainment, fine dining, and a pub with happy hour every day
- Gardens, fishing pond, walking trails, putting green, and gaming areas for sports such as bocce
Discover Real Retirement
- 5850 Meridian Road, Suite 1, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Indoor mall featuring full-service bank, post office, beauty shop, convenience store, restaurant and much more
- Deluxe apartments featuring cherrywood cabinetry, new bathroom vanities, new wallpaper, new lighting and more.
- Maintenance-free 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments
- Continuing education classes, culinary demonstrations, arts & crafts
- Panoramic view of rolling countryside
Luxury Retirement Community in the Greater Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Area
- 1005 Paul Revere Dr, Gibsonia, PA 15044
- Scenic grounds with upscale homes
- Full access to the facilities and programs at St. Barnabas’ nearby campuses in Gibsonia and Valencia
- Housekeeping services available
- Private security staff on duty 24 hours a day to ensure your safety
- Access to St. Barnabas Medical Center for primary care, specialty care and dental services
Freedom, Fun & Financial Security
- 100 Norman Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
- Gated community and security personnel are on duty 24 hours a day
- 84-acre campus, 3 miles from Cranberry Highlands Golf Course; on-site putting green, Wimbledon croquet, bocce court, playground for children
- Retirement homes ranging from 579 to 1,773 square feet
- On-site personal care and nursing
- Pets are welcome
A Community to Embrace.
- 105 Burgess Drive, Zelienople, PA 16063
- Maintenance-free residential (independent) living
- Personal care and Memory support
- Nursing care
- Rehabilitation services
- My Day Out adult day care services
- 811 Village Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- No buy-in fees or long-term leases
- Each apartment is furnished with complete kitchen appliances
- Many units have a private balcony or patio
- Light housekeeping is provided
- Daily chef-prepared dinners are served in our formal dining room
Something For Everyone
- 30-32 Heckel Road, Kennedy Township, PA 15136
- Breakfast and Dinner prepared daily by our chefs for Independent Living; Three meals daily for Personal Care and Memory Care
- Frequently scheduled outings to concerts, casino, movies and restaurants; Visits to historic and cultural destinations
- Weekly apartment housekeeping service; Maintenance services
- Baking, gardening, exercising, reading and card clubs
- Fitness program
Pennsylvania Senior Living at its Finest
- 1050 McNeilly Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15226
- We provide Exceptional Independent Living and Assistive Senior Living services for seniors
- Our restaurant-style dining program offers expanded continental breakfast with cold and hot items, and dinner daily. Each meal is prepared fresh and served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every other week.
- We launder and change your bed linens bi-weekly.
- There's always something fun and exciting to do here. Our diverse programs, outings and events offer something for everyone.
Everything You Need... And More!
- 700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15243
- 24-hour security, an on-site medical center and other important amenities
- Residents can take advantage of our minibuses to visit other parts of the campus or to enjoy scheduled trips to local attractions, supermarkets, shopping malls and restaurants
- Our wide variety of floor plans and apartment options gives you the freedom to select the unit that best meets your needs
- There's no reason to leave our campus when our indoor, skylight mall has all you need to feel at home!
- Asbury Heights offers non-denominational services in each of our two campus chapels and provides transportation to neighborhood churches
Live Your Best Life.
- 5300 Clairton Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- Concierge desk for warm welcomes and assistance
- 24-hour care staff on-site, assistance with daily living activities (i.e., bathing, dressing, etc.)
- 3 Chef-prepared meals a day with restaurant-style dining, daily plus snacks
- Social events and opportunities to meet new people
- On-site beauty salon and spa services, weekly housekeeping and laundry services
Active, award-winning senior living community in Bethel Park, PA, just minutes from Pittsburgh.
- 2960 Bethel Church Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Lounge Area, Activity Room, Game Room, Billiards Lounge, Chapel, Country Store, Barber/Beauty Salon
- Light Linen Service and Weekly Housekeeping
- Pets Welcome
- Most Utilities Included
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.