1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Stafford Area
Experience the Finest Senior Luxury Apartments in Fredericksburg, VA
Prices Starting at $1310 - Ask about Our Specials!
- Seasonal Salt Water Pool, Walking Trail, and Community Garden
- 9-Foot Ceilings with Extended Crown Molding
- Open Kitchens That Include Built-in Microwaves, Bistro Bar, and Storage Pantry
- Convenient Trash Chutes on Every Floor
- Washer and Dryer Included
7 Independent Living Communities in the Stafford Area
Welcome to Heatherwood
- Life Enrichment Programs and Personalized Care Plans. Physician Office with an Internist, a Dentist, and a Podiatrist
- Unlimited Local and Long Distance Telephone Service and Basic Cable Television
- Beautiful Landscaping with Walking Trails and Seating Areas
- Bistro with a Full ABC License, Three Meals Daily and a Fine Dining Experience
- Fire and Safety Systems Including Generator Backup
Welcome to The Wellington at Lake Manassas
- Bistro with Full Bar and Liquor License. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Prepared by our Executive Chef
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds and Seating Areas
- Progressive Wellness Programs and Access to On-site Medical Services, Including Attending Physicians and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services on Premises
- Full Life-Enrichment Calendar of Programs, Activities and Outings
- Scheduled Transportation In and Around the Gainesville Area
Welcome to Harper's Station An Upscale Senior Living Community in Gainesville, VA
- ARTFUL Dining: Our chefs demand meals be as exciting to the eyes as they are appetizing to the palate.
- There is no shortage of ZESTFUL Activities® here to keep the body healthy and the mind sharp.
- From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- We provide Independent Living, Assisted Living, Residential Cottage Homes and Memory Care
- We would love to meet you and share everything Harper's Station Gainesville has to offer. Please contact us for an appointment or more information.
Welcome to Aarondale
- All apartments feature wall-to-wall low-pile carpeting, closets, windows with custom window treatments, and individual climate control
- All apartments are barrier free throughout, wheelchair accessible, and are equipped with an emergency call system linked to the Aarondale 24-hour Nursing team
- Three meals served daily in our warmly decorated dining room
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and gardens
- Ambassador Program for all new residents
- 3500 Meekins Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
- Private or companion suites complete with full bath and a choice of floor plans.
- Café designed for mid-day snacks and coffee breaks.
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy as needed
- Durable Medical Equipment such as: hospital beds, wheelchairs, walkers, bedside commodes, etc.
- Beautifully manicured landscaping and gardens. Outdoor areas to walk and relax. Comfortable quality furnishings and artwork. Fire safety system. Full-service beauty barbershop.
Bealeton's New Best Kept Secret...Affordable housing for Seniors!
- 4475 Bacon St., Bealeton, VA 22712
- BRAND NEW COMMUNITY- ONE AND TWO BEDROOMS LEASING VERY FAST....COME VISIT US TODAY!!! GORGEOUS INCOME RESTRICTED SENIOR COMMUNITY
- NO Application fees, $99 Security Deposit (restrictions apply)
- Controlled access, alarm, elevators
- Community gardens, trail for biking, hiking or jogging, fitness center, recreation room
- Senior, income restricted housing
Our Personalized Approach to Care Helps Us Meet Your Changing Needs.
- 9140 Belvoir Woods Pkwy, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
Other Independent Living Communities in the Stafford Area
The Gardens of Stafford
- 2195 Mountain View Road, Stafford, VA 22556
The Evergreens at Smith Run
- 2700 Cowan Boulevard, Richmond, VA 22401
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.