5 Independent Living Communities in the Springfield Area
Guided by Goodness, Loyalty, Faith, and Fun
- 4865 Main Street, Springfield, OR 97478
- 3 delicious meals served daily
- 24-hour specially-trained on-site staff
- Engaging activities
- Apartment maintenance
- Housekeeping and linen service
All-Inclusive Independent Retirement Community in Beautiful Eugene!
- 175 South Garden Way, Eugene, OR 97401
- Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.
- Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, movies and many more fun weekly events.
- Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor's appointments and other scheduled activities and events!
- Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.
- Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You'll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.
Friendly senior living and active retirement community in rustic Eugene, OR
- 2525 Cal Young Road, Eugene, OR 97401
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Welcome to retirement as it was meant to be!
- 600 Waterford Way, Eugene, OR 97401
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Indoor pool with river view
- Full-service salon and spa
- Restaurant and on-site executive chef
- State-of-the-art fitness center
The Perfect Lifestyle Fit for You
- 500 E. 6th Street, Junction City, OR 97448
- Chef-prepared seasonal menus with fresh ingredients
- Light maintenance and scheduled housekeeping services
- Purpose-driven life-enriching programs tailored to a variety of interests
- Coordinated transportation to shopping, events, restaurants and cultural activities
- Wellness programs to enhance mind, body and spirit
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.