3 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Simpsonville Area
14 Independent Living Communities in the Simpsonville Area
Welcome to Harmony at Five Forks Senior Living in Simpsonville SC!
- 345 Five Forks Road, Simpsonville, SC 29681
- No large, upfront entrance fees
- Spacious one & two-bedroom apartments, some with balconies
- Full kitchen
- Washer and Dryer in all apartments
- Elegant Dining Room
A community that feels like home.
- 1 Hoke Smith Blvd, Greenville, SC 29615
- All Levels of Care
- Studios - 3 Bedrooms
- A Christian & Mission-Oriented Environment
- Non-Profit Accredited Facility
- Situated On 175 Acres of Land
Senior living community eight minutes from downtown Greenville, SC
- 1180 Haywood Road, Greenville, SC 29615
- 3 Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
- Light Linen Service and Weekly Housekeeping
- Numerous Community and Outdoor Areas to Enjoy
Senior Care with Small Town Charm
- 205 Bud Nally Drive, Easley, SC 29642
- Full-service dining room; private dining areas available
- Multi-purpose areas
- Gifts and sundries shopping area
- Chapel, library and media center, salon, fitness room, pool & hot tub
- Walking paths, gardens and courtyards
- 3501 North Hwy 81, Anderson, SC 29621
- Ageility Physical Therapy Solutions
- Three Meals Included
- Library, Movie Theater, Bar/Cocktail Lounge
- Beauty Salon/Barbershop, Fitness Center
- Covered Parking
It's not like home. It is home.™
- 105 Willow Place, Easley, SC 29640
- Planned activities and social events
- All-inclusive, restaurant-style dining
- Housekeeping and maintenance, including linen service
- Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
- Many utilities included, with individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Senior living in Anderson, South Carolina
- 107 Perpetual Square Drive, Anderson, SC 29621
- 24-hour staffing
- Three restaurant-style meals and snacks served daily
- Large, elegant dining room
- 16 private cottages at Summit Court Independent Living
- Small pets welcome
Tucked Away Doesn’t Have to Mean Far Away
- 311 Simpson Road, Anderson, SC 29621
- 76 independent living cottages, a 30-room assisted living area and a 44-bed skilled nursing facility
- We offer restaurant-style dining with many options to choose from each day, including a full salad bar.
- Whether it's leisurely walks throughout the community, playing cards with their neighbors, attending Bible study, swimming in our salt water pool, or celebrating a birthday with close friends, residents always find something fun and interesting to do.
- Our goal is to offer interactive activities that stimulate residents mentally, physically and spiritually to create the best quality of life possible.
- We hold annual community events for family and friends, such as our luau in May and Festival of Trees during the holiday season.
We Care For You Like Family
- 850 John B. White Sr. Blvd, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- 24/7 Staff, Concierge Service
- Maintenance Free - Exterior, Electrical, Plumbing, Appliance Repair
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- On-site Activities - Classes, Entertainment, Games and Social Events
- Scheduled Transportation, Weekly Housekeeping
WELCOME TO THE RENAISSANCE, a Retirement Community.
- 5 Frank Pressly Drive, Due West, SC 29639
- Concierge services available, including transportation
- Nutritious chef prepared meals
- Onsite activities, classes, entertainment, games and social events
- Assistance with daily activities
- Specialized services catered to caring for dementia and Alzheimer's
Senior Care with Small Town Charm
- 801 Musgrove St., Clinton, SC 29325
- Full-service main dining room
- Multi-purpose activities building, social areas, fitness center, library, chapel, billiards room, salon
- Cultural and social events
- Walking paths, gardens and courtyards
- Health and wellness clinic
Welcome to RoseCrest
- 200 Fortress Drive, Inman, SC 29349
- Wellness Center with equipment and custom programs
- Library and business center, beauty shop/barber
- Chef-prepared meals (one meal per day), weekly housekeeping and trash pick-up
- Social, recreational, educational, spiritual, and cultural opportunities
- Health Care Center and Rehabilitation Center
- 500 Downs Loop, Clemson, SC 29631
- Genesis Rehab Services provides on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- All residents receive a vital call pendant, and there are certified nursing assistants on-site 24 hours a day.
- Basic cable and wifi are included, as well as communal laundry rooms with complimentary washer and dryers.
- Interior storage space, covered hallways with assist rails, breezeways, spacious lobbies and wide doorways for ease of mobility benefit residents.
- Independent Living Residents have a dedicated full-time activities director and are provided shuttle service to local stores.
We offer senior living options to fit your needs.
- 1705 Skylyn Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29307
- Beautiful 18-acre campus, with wooded areas, professional landscaping, and lovely walking trails
- Spacious Independent Living apartments with one- two- and three-bedroom units.
- Assisted living apartments for those who need a little extra help with everyday activities.
- Dedicated Memory Care apartments to serve residents with Alzheimer's, dementia and other memory impairments.
- A skilled nursing facility to provide the highest level of care to residents who need it most.
Other Independent Living Communities in the Simpsonville Area
A GRAND LIFESTYLE
- 25 Brookside Circle, Greenville, SC 29609
- AGES 55+ active resident services
- Energy Star features, apts with designer colors
- Controlled building access
- Computer business center, media room, library,gazebo, nature trails & more!
- Pet friendly
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.