10 Independent Living Communities in the Shiloh Area
Addington Place of Shiloh is the best place for your loved one at this time in their life.
- 429 S Main Street, Shiloh, IL 62269
- Three delicious home-cooked meals each day, along with a 24 hour beverage bar.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services.
- Paid utilities, except your telephone and cable television.
- Maintenance & grounds-keeping services.
- Scheduled transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping, outings and tours.
At Grand Court, our expert staff is available 24 hours a day to serve you. We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Grand Court Belleville today.
- 201 S. Belt West, Belleville, IL 62220
- Grand Court Belleville provides Exceptional Independent Living services for seniors
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients and a variety of menu options.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
- Our flat linen service provides fresh bed linens and towels weekly.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to shopping, restaurants and your personal appointments (pre-arranged).
Write your next chapter at Cedarhurst of Troy, IL
- 39 Dorothy Drive, Troy, IL 62294
- Activity program with social functions, parties, religious services, exercise sessions, community events, special interest programs, and scheduled local transportation.
- Multipurpose room for games, exercise, entertainment and more
- Nursing staff available for medication management, health assessments, regular blood pressure checks, communication with physicians, assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, mobility, and special needs.
- Weekly housekeeping, linen change, bathroom and trash service, seasonal clothing storage, personal laundry service.
- Full-service dining, three meals daily, selective menu, healthful diet options, snacks, and special theme/gala dinners.
Reserve Your New Home Today!
- 3530 Winnebago Street, St. Louis, MO 63118
- Pet-Friendly Community
- Open & Spacious Floor Plans
- Fully Equipped Community Kitchen
- Telephone Controlled Access Entry System
- Emergency Bathroom Pull-Cord
This Feels Like Home.
- 8660 Grant Rd, Crestwood, MO 63123
- Fully-equipped kitchens/balconies and walk-out patios
- Casual, yet elegant dining with restaurant-style menu choices
- State-of-the-art fitness and physical therapy center
- Cozy lounges with fireplaces
- Full service beauty salon and day spa
Award-Winning Senior Living
- 4474 Butler Hill Road, St. Louis, MO 63128
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Write Your Next Chapter at Cedarhurst of Tesson Heights, MO
- 12335 West Bend Drive, St. Louis, MO 63128
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Controlled Access
- Fitness Program
Everything You'll Ever Need in Retirement!
- 12563 Village Circle Dr., St. Louis, MO 63127
- Swimming Pool & Spa
- Superior Dining with Certified Chef
- Library & Computer lab
- Putting greens & Fishing Pond
- Shuffleboard & Horeshoe court
- 1 Pratt Place, Florissant, MO 63031
- A choice of spacious apartment styles
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Daily recreational, educational, and cultural activities
- On-site gift shop, bank, and woodworking
Welcome to the Village
- 5201 Asbury Avenue, Godfrey, IL 62035
- Fitness classes and programs
- Extensive social and recreational programs
- Beautiful scenic surroundings
- Scheduled Transportation
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.