3 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Shallotte Area
Upscale Senior Living & Care in Little River, South Carolina. New Haven will proudly offer the finest senior living experiences for those seeking independent living, assisted living or memory care services.
- 2585 Hwy. 179 , Little River, SC 29566
- Visit Our Website
All Inclusive Pets Welcome Various Levels of Care Virtual/Video Tour
- Artful Dining. The lowcountry is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients that our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring the craveable dishes that made our region legendary. Imagine feasting on softshell crab or perfectly prepared shrimp and grits. Or, sharing tall tales around a lowcountry boil, finished off with a slice of Mint julip pie.
- Zestful Activities. Pickup a mallet and try your luck on a manicured croquet lawn. Enjoy an afternoon stroll on a scenic trail. Find your bliss in a Yoga class. Or, bait up a hook and show the grandkids how it’s done – fishing for sheephead and drum from a nearby dock.
- Heartful Care. Everyone who stays at New Haven is unique, and we know it. When you walk through our doors, you’re not a resident, you’re family. We treat you like we’d treat any family member – with compassion and respect. We call it HEARTFUL Care®. From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
Welcome to Indigo Carolina Forest An Upscale Senior Living Community NOW Open in Myrtle Beach, SC
- 176 Village Center Blvd. , Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Visit Our Website
Pets Welcome Various Levels of Care
- Artful Dining® The Myrtle Beach, SC area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary. Imagine dining on perfectly prepared chicken, and then sharing tall tales over desserts like homemade pecan pie. The best meals start with the best ingredients, but always end with good friends and family around the table.
- Zestful Activities® What’s on the itinerary today? Tomorrow? We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area. Painting, Bingo, and even a corn hole tournament is likely to start up during the week. We haven’t even mentioned the afternoon walking club or social hour! These are just a few of the activities certain to keep your days full. There is no shortage of ZESTFUL Activities® here to keep the body healthy and the mind sharp.
- Heartful Care® Everyone who stays at Indigo Carolina Forest is unique, and we know it. When you walk through our doors, you’re not a resident, you’re family. We treat you like we’d treat any family member – with compassion and respect. We call it HEARTFUL Care®. From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- Offering Independent Living, Residential Villa Homes, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- We would love to meet you and share everything Indigo Carolina Forest has to offer. Please contact us for an appointment or more information.
High-Quality Independent Senior Living in an Ideal Coastal Setting
- 3736 Robert M Grissom Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Visit Our Website
Arts and Crafts Studios Housekeeping Pets Welcome Restaurant Style Dining
- kick off mornings with an invigorating exercise class, or sip coffee or a refreshing sweet tea from the comfort of your own private balcony or patio
- Break a sweat in our senior fitness center, get in on a spirited billiards or card game, be creative with arts and crafts, or sign up for local day trips and excursions to area beaches, attractions and more.
- Independent senior living in our community gives you the option to cook for yourself, entertain friends in your apartment home, or join friends and neighbors for delicious, chef-made meals in our dining room.
- We offer a range of stylish suites and one- and two-bedroom apartment homes, all of which are part of a delightful, maintenance-free lifestyle
- Enjoy classic comfort favorites, regionally inspired dishes, and flavors from around the world, all made from scratch daily by a professional culinary team.
3 Independent Living Communities in the Shallotte Area
You have options in aging
- Wireless emergency response systems to summon assistance with the touch of a button.
- Three restaurant-style meals served daily in our elegant and inviting grand dining
- Diverse daily social activities planned by a full-time social director, including wellness programs, card clubs, and outings to area attractions, restaurants, and community events.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services.
Luxury Senior Living Community in Myrtle Beach, SC
- 101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Situated on 60 acres, backed by the Lewis Bay Ocean Tract and fronted by wetlands
- very close to the shops, restaurants and excitement of Myrtle Beach
- Wellness and social activities
- Featuring single-family homes, villa homes, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation
- enjoy a burden-free, fun-filled and invigorating life
The Time of your Life
1695.00 per month
- On-Site Bistro
- Saltwater Pool with Sun Deck
- Creative Arts Center & Theater Room
- Fitness Center & Yoga Studio
- Dog Park & Dog Wash Station
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.