4 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Sebastian Area
High-Quality Senior Living in a Rich, Tropical Setting
- Active Independent Living: For the local elderly who wants to finally realize the dream of leading a maintenance-free lifestyle in a premium, community setting, there’s the Active Independent Living option at Discovery Village Vero Beach.
- Assisted Living: benefit from additional assistance with activities of daily living
- restaurant-style dining and full daily lineup of activities and events to convenient lifestyle services like complimentary scheduled transportation and housekeeping
- We offer a variety of stylish one- and two-bedroom apartment homes and suites, all of which are part of a superb, maintenance-free lifestyle with all your needs personally hand by a team of professionals available seven days a week.
- collection of benefits that are unique to Discovery Village: Six, exclusive senior lifestyle programs, each one designed to help you or your loved one experience more of everything that’s great about our community and the surrounding area!
Opt Out of Average Senior Living
- With Independent Living including Cottages, Assisted Living and Memory Care options available, we’re here to assist residents in all walks of life.
- Heated indoor saltwater pool and Outdoor pool, offering Aquatics program
- We offer many enjoyable classes such as Arts and Crafts, Baking and Cooking, Fitness classes and more
- Meal packages included to match your lifestyle
- Full-time nursing and care associates (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
The GOOD LIFE Means...living independently and stress-free!
- Buena Vida is Brevard's only Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Physical & Financial Security for the Future
- A few of the affordable extras offered within Buena Vida are: On-site physician services, Care management services, Home Health care services, Physical and occupational therapy services, Personal wellness services, guest apartments
- Buena Vida boasts resort-style AMENITIES all within the same campus
- Cottages Available, Reserve yours today!
Exceptional Living. Exceptional Value.
- On-site medical director and 24-hour nursing
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Fitness & Wellness Center
- Luxurious apartment homes
10 Independent Living Communities in the Sebastian Area
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- Spacious lounges, exercise room and activity room
- Courtyards with gardens
- Beautiful swimming pool with outdoor patio
- Emergency electric and emergency disaster plan
- Apartments include kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and cabinets
Love Where You Live...
- 10730 US Hwy. 1, Sebastian, FL 32958
- Restaurant Style Dining – Three Meals per Day
- Pet-Friendly Apartments
- Exercise Programs and Equipment
- Recreational and Social Activities 24/7
- Independence to Come and Go as You Please
Luxurious Retirement Living
- 910 Regency Square, Vero Beach, FL 32967
- Luxurious Resort-Style Atmosphere
- Weekly Excursions and Group Events
- Spacious Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Minutes from Atlantic Beaches
- Pet-Friendly Community (Additional Fees Apply)
Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Vero Beach
- 2425 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Full-time concierge and move-in coordination services
- Full-service restaurant
- Art studio, library, theater and game room
- Chauffeured individual and group transportation
- Priority access to assisted living and memory care
Affordable living for seniors and the disabled
- 3605 16th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Affordable living for individuals 62 years of age or older or person with a handicap/ disability regardless of age
- 50 two-bedroom units.
- Convenient to shopping, dining and transportation
- Window coverings, carpeting and refrigerator
- Income restrictions may apply
The Waterfront Lifestyle You Deserve
- 3490 Gran Avenue, Palm Bay, FL 32905
- Three chef-prepared meals and snacks daily
- Weekly housekeeping and bed linen service
- 24-hour access to caregiving and nursing staff
- Full activity schedule and concierge services
- Round-the-clock security and emergency system
Change Your Address, Not Your Lifestyle.
- 815 Briar Creek Boulevard NE, Palm Bay, FL 32905
- One and Two Bedroom/Independent and Assisted Living Floor Plans
- Restaurant-Style Dining with Chef-Prepared Meals & Table Service
- 24-Hour Emergency Response In Each Apartment Home (
- Community Clubhouse With Daily Events And Weekly Happy Hours
Independent Living and Assisted Living in Melbourne, FL
- 4451 Stack Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
- A variety of floor plans available
- Close to the beach, charming historic district, restaurants, shops, a mall, library, theaters and beautiful parks.
- Full service dinning room
- Billiards Room
- Heated Pool
WELCOME TO TRINITY TOWERS SOUTH
- 615 E. New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Air Conditioner, cable-ready, carpeting, efficient appliances
- BBQ/Picnic Area
- Library and media room
Luxury Senior Living
- 2909 S 25th Street, Fort Pierce, FL 34981
- 24-Hour Staffing
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Scheduled Transportation, Planned Activites & Events
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.