1 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Savannah Area
Resort-Style, All-Inclusive Luxury
- 142 Okatie Center Blvd N, Okatie, SC 29909
- Visit Our Website
All Inclusive Housekeeping Pets Welcome Restaurant Style Dining
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
9 Independent Living Communities in the Savannah Area
Savannah's Premier Retirement Community
- 1 Savannah Square Drive, Savannah, GA 31406
- Choice of studio, one and two-bedroom apartments
- Restaurant-style dining with menu options
- Comfortable common areas with furnishings and artwork
- Beauty / barber shops
- 24-hour security guards
Compassionate Senior Living Communities in Georgia’s Friendliest City
- 11310 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31419
- 24 hour access to well trained and friendly staff
- A diverse memory program designed to ehance daily living
- Screened porches overlooking courtyard
- Supervision of self administration of medications
- Emergency response system
Experience Georgia senior living at its finest at The Marshes of Skidaway Island, Savannah.
- 95 Skidaway Island Park Road, Savannah, GA 31411
- Savannah's only true continuing care community
- Located on 58 acres on Skidaway Island
- Neighborhood-style retirement living with Cottages, Duplexes and Apartment Villas as large as 2,537 sq. ft. and all move-in ready
- Award-winning dining that rivals Savannah's finest restaurants
- Entrance fees starting at $250,000; 90% refundable
Discover your best self
- 60 Oak Forest Road, Bluffton, SC 29910
- 24-hour support staff and security
- 3-meals served daily, with anytime snacks & beverages
- Activities of daily living assistance
- Activity center, game room, general store, fitness center, indoor infinity walking paths
- Outdoor spaces (land, courtyard, gardens, patio, porches, walking paths) and outdoor games (putting green, shuffleboard, bocci ball)
Now is the time for Vi
- 700 TidePointe Way, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Heated 25-meter indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Sunset Lounge, a fully stocked bar with top shelf liquors and fine wine
- Dog-friendly park overlooking Broad Creek
Serving the local Hilton Head Island community since 1982
- 300 Woodhaven Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
- The Seabrook offers ten (10) different condominium floor plans including: Studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and large two bedrooms with and without a den.
- A finely-appointed dining room & library
- Beauty parlor and barbershop
- Auditorium space capable of handling large gatherings (200+ seat-capacity)
- On the grounds: the heated swimming pool, woodworking shop, shuffleboard court, putting green, covered gazebos overlooking lagoons with fountains, covered walkways connecting the resident's building to the Seabrook House.
Luxurious Independent and Assisted Living on the Waterfront
- 421 Squire Pope Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- 24-hour staffing with call system
- Exceptional dining including freshly prepared meals daily
- Community boat for stunning sunset cruises and outdoor, heated swimming pool with bay views
- Social events, group outings and scheduled transportation including a town car for private trips
- The top floor Bayview Club providing spectacular views of the water. Also included is a covered outdoor seating area, game room for billiards and cards, piano, and a virtual golf simulator.
Imagine a Better Life at The Island Cove at Hilton Head
- 15 Main Street, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- Whether you're spending your day inside or out, you will appreciate upscale features like our elegant landscaping, the bright light of our oversized windows, and easy access to nearby walking trails
- Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals
- Our community is designed to appeal to humans and animals alike, complete with walking trails and a nearby dog park great for friends of the furry variety
- Residents can welcome guests in a spacious, comfortable family room or meet up with neighbors for a coffee
- Full-service beauty salon and barbershop on-site
Beach town senior living less than three miles from the Atlantic Ocean in Hilton Head, SC
- 110 Gardner Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- 3 Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Barber/Beauty Salon, Fitness Equipment, Chapel, Theater, Library, Activity Room and Game Room
- Weekly Housekeeping, Light Linen Service, Most Utilities Included, Maintenance
- Activities & Transportation
Other Independent Living Communities in the Savannah Area
Savannah Georgia Independent Senior living
- 6206 Waters Avenue, Savannah, GA 31406
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.