2 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Quinton Area
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
You're Right at Home
$650 Per Month
- All Utilities Included except phone and cable
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartments with no entry fees
- Planned activities. Courtesy transportation to grocery store, shopping and entertainment
- Featuring a variety of affordable senior apartment floor plans with walk-in showers or tub
- Beautiful landscaped grounds and gardens
Other Independent Living Communities in the Quinton Area
Rock Creek Villas
Exclusive Contemporary Homes on the Fairway for Active Adults 55 +
- 3392 Rock Creek Villa Way, Quinton, VA 23141
- Lots for Sale!!!! Community Ammenities, Golf-Some lots back to golf course, Dining
- Fitness opportunities, Maintenance free lawn care to include irrigation
- All Brick exteriors, Anderson windows, Upgraded kitchens and flooring packages
- ADA friendly, Large open floor plan, Large walk-in closets, Most features are standard, whereas, other builders have them as upgrades
- Preferred Lender: Crystal Howell, NMLS#572982 www.cfmortgagecorp.com/crystal-howell
K. Hovnanian at New Kent Vineyards
- Emmaus Church Rd, New Kent County, VA 23124
Sandston Plateau Senior Retirement Community
Sandston Plateau.... The Next Best Thing To Family.
- 600 E. Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150
- 1 Bedroom Garden Apartment $464-$602 521 sq ft
- 2 Bedroom Garden Apartment $703 722 sq ft
- Cafe, Media Room, Two Libraries, Elevator, Intercom
- Bingo!, Gardening Club, Outreach Programs, Movie Nights
- And So Much More!!!
Pre-Sales Incentives Available!
- Cool Summer Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- Our Sales office is open daily from 1 pm - 5 pm
- A leisure lifestyle community for active adults featuring brick town homes with single story living and first floor owner's suites
- CoolWell is convenient to shopping, dinning and entertainmentwith great access to Interstate 295.
- You'll feel at home here with a private community club house and pool.
- Our custom homes are built by HHHunt
- 301 Dabbs House Road, Richmond, VA 23223
- Friendly, social and active community
- Library, several lodges with fire places, business office with internet
- Fitness center
- On site Social Service office and senior specialist
- Affordably priced rents starting at $595
- 7090 Covenant Woods Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- 1400 Shirleydale Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231
Independent Maintenance Free Living In The Heart Of It All
- 7161 Red Sash Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Sales office is open daily from 12 pm-5 pm.
- We are a neighborhood for active adults age 55 and better
- Bell Creek is convenient to retail shopping, resturants, banks, specialty shops, pharmacy, grocery stores, veterinary hospital and gas stations.
- Several floor plans boast first floor masters, walk-up attics and basements
- Our custom homes are built by Holly Homes and RCI Builders
The Hermitage in Richmond
- 1600 Westwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
The William Byrd
- 2501 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220
Westminster Canterbury - Richmond
- 1600 Westbrook Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227
The Atlantic at Brook Run
Call for Specials!
- 6000 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Trash removal included in rent
- Handicap accessible plans available
- Small pets Welcome
Coming Home - the best part of the day!
- 401 Norcroft Circle, Richmond, VA 23225
- Monitored community
- Social activities, transportation for shopping, banking
- Designer kitchen with dishwasher and disposal
- Washer/Dryers are available on site, or you may bring your own
- Pets welcome
- 4325 Crutchfield Street, Richmond, VA 23225
The Villas at Rose Hill
- 6225 Lakeside Ave, Richmond, VA 23228
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.