3 Featured Independent Living Communities in the Port Charlotte Area
LOCK IN YOUR RENT...ASK US HOW! America's Award-Winning Senior Living Community!
- Minutes From Gulf Beaches
- 24-hour Professional Staff
- Wellness Programs for Healthy Living
- 3-Year Rent Lock with no rent increase for 36 months
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Live Where Luxury Finds You Daily
- Multiple beautiful floor plans to choose from
- Tuscan Gardens of Venetia Bay is our first senior living community. Nestled on over six lush acres in the heart of Venice, Florida, it is close to the Gulf of Mexico and beaches, minutes from the historic downtown district with shopping, restaurants and services.
- Tuscan Gardens is much more than a beautiful, secure place to live. It is a warm, vibrant home filled with life! Our residents wake every day to so many opportunities to laugh, learn and love.
- Tuscan Gardens is rich with beauty, activity, laughter, and love; all combine to form our Signature Experience not found in other senior living communities.
- We put great emphasis on food – the aromas, textures, and flavors – and create Signature Senior Dining experiences worthy of our residents.
Resort-Style, All-Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
8 Independent Living Communities in the Port Charlotte Area
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- Restaurant-style dining room to enjoy three delicious, chef-prepared meals each day
- Plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beautiful weather, including our courtyard, gazebo, pool, and barbecue areas
- Daily options for staying in shape, such as yoga, Zumba, gardening club, walking club, Wii bowling or a workout in the gym
- Excursions to local errands like shopping and banking, as well as fun trips to local restaurants, destinations, and attractions
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop, and regular visits from third-party health care providers
Welcome to Your New Home
- Our maintenance-free lifestyle, peaceful surroundings and gorgeous grounds provide a serene senior living environment.
- Our independent living program offers a variety of services, including: daily meals in a restaurant-style setting, housekeeping, engaging activities, entertaining events and chauffeured transportation – just to name a few
- American House communities can provide assistance with meals, laundry, medication reminders, physical therapy, Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and more. Residents who need additional assistance can choose services a la carte, or our third-party, health care provider can help you create a custom care plan
- 24-Hour Staff, Emergency Alert System
- Heated Exercise Pool & Spa
Port Charlotte's Best Located Independent Senior Living Apartment Community
- 2305 Aaron St, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- 3 Spacious Floor Plans
- Residential Resort Atmosphere
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Shuffleboard & Billards
Providing Quality Care Within A Home-Like Atmoshpere
- 2500 Aaron Street, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- Spacious Dining roooms / screened balconies
- Arts and crafts room / Chapel / Country store
- Jacuzzi / Library and computer room
- Kitchenette's / Private bath
- Home health / Wellness clinc on-site
BEAUTIFUL APARTMENTS FOR SENIORS IN PORT CHARLOTTE, FL
- 2550 Easy Street, Port Charlotte, FL 33952
- Pet-Friendly Community
- Spacious Apartments
- Studio and One-Bedrooms
- Maintenance-Free Lifestyle
- Income Limits Apply
A Life Care Community Too Active To Retire!
- 23023 Westchester Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL 33980
- Spacious Apartment Homes
- Life Care Guarantee
- 40 Landscaped Acres
- Social & Recreational Schedule
- Multi-Lingual, Pet Friendly
The independence you want, the care you deserve.
- 200 Nassau Street North, Venice, FL 34285
- Spacious closets / Full furnished apartments / Private baths
- Daily housekeeping / 3 meals per day
- Respite care / Personal care / Short term stays
- Elegant courtyards / Beauty and barber shops
- Activities and social programs
The Lifestyle You Want, The Choices You Need
- 1333 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Independent living / assisted living / skilled nursing
- Screened balconies / Full - equipped Kitchens
- Shuffle boards / billards room / Library / guest suites
- Private dining room
- Pool / Whirlpool / Courtyard/ Various lounges / fitness center
What are Retirement Communities?
Retirement communities are often also called independent living communities, because they are designed for seniors who are able to live independently, with no need for daily personal or medical care. They are generally mid-to large-sized campus-style communities that offer a wide variety of activities and conveniences for residents.
If this sounds similar to an active adult or 55+ community, that is because retirement and active adult communities share some core commonalities. These often include providing exterior home and lawn maintenance, planned social activities, communal spaces and outdoor amenities such as tennis courts, golf courses or swimming pools. The benefits of living in a retirement community are generally the same as living in other types of senior housing: more opportunities for social engagement, more free time to spend pursuing hobbies and low-maintenance living. Retirement communities take low-maintenance living to an even higher level than active adult communities, because the following are often included, with other services available a la carte:
• Meals – 3x/day, served in a dining room
• Linen and laundry service
• Interior home maintenance
• Scheduled transportation to shopping, medical appointments and other errands
• 24-hr staff and onsite-healthcare in case of emergency
As in most types of senior housing, the size and style of home varies from community to community, from studio apartments to large villas, often with many styles available within the same campus. While the homes may differ in size, most will have features that are designed with seniors in mind, such as:
• One-level living
• Wide doorways
• Walk-in showers
• Low thresholds
• Emergency call systems
And while every community is unique, many will offer the same types of amenities and benefits to residents, all aimed at allowing them to live easier, more engaged and fulfilling lives. Most retirement communities provide an even broader range of amenities than those found in active adult communities, including:
• Daily scheduled activities, fitness classes or crafts
• On-site salons, libraries and chapels
• Game rooms
• Community meeting spaces such as club houses and bistros
• Private dining rooms for special family meals
• Community excursions
Some independent living communities are located within larger campuses that also offer assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care services; these campuses are called Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). They offer a full range of senior care to residents as they age and their health needs change. CCRCs allow residents to age in place, and stay within the same overall community, as they move from one level of care to the next. A CCRC is especially helpful if one spouse has different care needs than the other. Even if one spouse is in a higher-level care facility, couples are still close enough to see each other every day and are able to enjoy the same amenities and activities.
Use our US map above to begin your search for the best retirement communities for you or your loved one.